Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best part of the video "this customer IS gonna wheel it!". Hail yaa Bruh!
Hell yeah I am, curbs and parking blocks at the mall better watch out!!!! LOLā€¦.. I for sure will be wheeling it as much as I can. Hoping to hit Moab, Sand Hallow, Rubicon, and many more trails this summer.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hell yeah I am, curbs and parking blocks at the mall better watch out!!!! LOLā€¦.. I for sure will be wheeling it as much as I can. Hoping to hit Moab, Sand Hallow, Rubicon, and many more trails this summer.
Lets gooooo!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I got the 74 Weld portals installed along with some new Fox 2.5 performance eliteā€™s and Icon billit upper control arms. I had an amazing experience with WFO Concepts in Auburn, CA. I wanted to share the walk around video they posted of my Bronco and my build.

love the gut check!

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last week I got the 74 Weld portals installed along with some new Fox 2.5 performance eliteā€™s and Icon billit upper control arms. I had an amazing experience with WFO Concepts in Auburn, CA. I wanted to share the walk around video they posted of my Bronco and my build.

So, all in, could you share the cost because I'm looking at doing it once and doing it right, this way--portals.

If you rather, you can private message.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, all in, could you share the cost because I'm looking at doing it once and doing it right, this way--portals.

Iā€™m also very curious on realistic cost. Iā€™ve been patiently waiting to go big and portals have kept my eye for a bit.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have some big potholes and curbs where I live. Iā€™m skeptical, I will get enough droop with portals. šŸ§
I am not quite sure I understand the comment.... The portals do not change the articulation range at all... Zero change.... So if you have enough droop now you would have the exact same droop then.

Trauma Joe, Like many of us, also changed the suspension by going to coil overs at the same time as installing the portals. That did change the suspension. I can tell you that going to coil overs (I went to the King 2.5s) My total articulation is slightly improved (not a lot but slightly) and my ride is significantly improved over the HOSS 2 Bilstein's....

Unless I am missing some inside joke about not having enough droop, I am not following the comment.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I will give you some rough budget numbers......

Portals = 20K
includes:
portals
larger brake rotors
new hardened rear axle shafts
breathers
every single item you need to do the job including the lock tight and gear oil. although I did purchase a less expensive gear oil $40 to run for the first 200 miles before changing out to the nice stuff that 74 sent.
NO HIDDEN ADDITIONAL COSTS>>>> Nothing.

I also added the stage 3 rack.... complete plug and play at about 6K.... To me this was more important than the portals.... Now this comes with the HD ford performance tie rods. I added 1K and upgraded to the RPG double shear tie rids (the new flange for this from 74 I believe is about 1K as well although 74 included it for free since I was one of the first 10 to order portals. So I think your cost to do this like I did is about 8K

Additional purchases I made: = about 10K
2.5 King coil overs revalved and tuned for my weights
Tires: 5 each 40x13.5 Nitto Trail grapplers mounted and balanced on stock rims
Trailing arms Core 4x4 Crawler series (johnny joints both ends on both upper and lowers)
Track bar Core 4x4 Crawler series (johnny joints both ends)
Track bar relocation bracket Rock jock
Alignment

If you install yourself this is about your total. If you have a shop do it I would budget about another 3K to 6K.... depends on the shop and how much you have them do.....

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not quite sure I understand the comment.... The portals do not change the articulation range at all... Zero change.... So if you have enough droop now you would have the exact same droop then.

Trauma Joe, Like many of us, also changed the suspension by going to coil overs at the same time as installing the portals. That did change the suspension. I can tell you that going to coil overs (I went to the King 2.5s) My total articulation is slightly improved (not a lot but slightly) and my ride is significantly improved over the HOSS 2 Bilstein's....

Unless I am missing some inside joke about not having enough droop, I am not following the comment.
Just joking, šŸ™ƒ

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just joking, šŸ™ƒ
I am sorry I missed that... I can be a bit slow at times... at least I did recognize that I probably was missing something.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will give you some rough budget numbers......

Portals = 20K
includes:
portals
larger brake rotors
new hardened rear axle shafts
breathers
every single item you need to do the job including the lock tight and gear oil. although I did purchase a less expensive gear oil $40 to run for the first 200 miles before changing out to the nice stuff that 74 sent.
NO HIDDEN ADDITIONAL COSTS>>>> Nothing.

I also added the stage 3 rack.... complete plug and play at about 6K.... To me this was more important than the portals.... Now this comes with the HD ford performance tie rods. I added 1K and upgraded to the RPG double shear tie rids (the new flange for this from 74 I believe is about 1K as well although 74 included it for free since I was one of the first 10 to order portals. So I think your cost to do this like I did is about 8K

Additional purchases I made: = about 10K
2.5 King coil overs revalved and tuned for my weights
Tires: 5 each 40x13.5 Nitto Trail grapplers mounted and balanced on stock rims
Trailing arms Core 4x4 Crawler series (johnny joints both ends on both upper and lowers)
Track bar Core 4x4 Crawler series (johnny joints both ends)
Track bar relocation bracket Rock jock
Alignment

If you install yourself this is about your total. If you have a shop do it I would budget about another 3K to 6K.... depends on the shop and how much you have them do.....
Yeah, he sent me a private message and your numbers match up roughly.

It's basically a base Bronco cost, so right around Raptor cost (once you figure my Outerbanks, plus the cost of another Base, 2 for 1 kind of thing), but you'd be taller than a Raptor.

Going to pay it off first and then keep saving. The stock SAS for now is plenty for me. I stand away at the urinal confidently. šŸ¤“

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's basically a base Bronco cost, so right around Raptor cost (once you figure my Outerbanks, plus the cost of another Base, 2 for 1 kind of thing), but you'd be taller than a Raptor.

Going to pay it off first and then keep saving. The stock SAS for now is plenty for me. I stand away at the urinal confidently. šŸ¤“
Yea... It all depends on how you take it off road.... If I lived down in the southwest and spent a lot of time running the desert at speed, I would have gone with a long arm or a Raptor. But for me and my trails the clearance is more important. For me it is not about the height... I still look straight across at the 3/4 ton 4x4 trucks.... No taller than them.... But I have a lot of empty void underneath that no one can match.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea... It all depends on how you take it off road.... If I lived down in the southwest and spent a lot of time running the desert at speed, I would have gone with a long arm or a Raptor. But for me and my trails the clearance is more important. For me it is not about the height... I still look straight across at the 3/4 ton 4x4 trucks.... No taller than them.... But I have a lot of empty void underneath that no one can match.
Yes, sorry, meant *more clearance* when I wrote *taller*.

OP
OP
TraumaJoe

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, itā€™s pricy thatā€™s for sure. I would suggest doing it in stages. I think the first thing to do is the stronger steering rack and tie rods in order to support going bigger. Then the portals and tires would be the second stage. The portals allow you to go with fully stock suspension, so make shocks your third stage. You can even get some really inexpensive Sasquatch bilstien shocks from someone selling on the forum. I saved up for over 2 years, not knowing what I was going to do, and once I saw the portals I knew this was the right build for me.
Sponsored