Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My final build as of now is a confusing mess of choices, options, price, colors, sadness, regret, excitement, late availability, errors in the current B&P, and tears. All for under 40k!
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm building similar to your build. One thing everyone should consider regarding swapping tires on the base (or any model) is the weight of the upgraded tire. I'm looking at BFG K02s in 2 sizes, LT235/85 R16 and LT265/75 R16. The 235s weigh 48 Lbs; the 265s weigh 53 Lbs. The stock tires weigh 37 Lbs. While that looks like a significant weight increase, I looked at the tires on the BD (26570 R17). Those are not E load range - they are SL. Those weigh 44 Lbs. I'm thinking the BD axles and base axles, brakes, etc are the same. The 17" wheels on the BD weigh about 6 Lbs more than the 16" base wheels. The tire weight gain of the KO2s shouldn't matter given the BD tire/wheel combination is pretty close. I understand going to a E load range tire will give a stiffer ride, but that's something I'm willing to accept for the slightly larger and better A/T tires over a passenger all season tire. My concern was to not add additional unsprung weight. Let me know if I'm missing something here.
also having this dilemma. I’d like bigger tires on OBX 18” wheels. I think I could fit 275/70r18. The stock P rated tires are 41 lbs.

Im stuck in E load land. I’m in between Toyo AT3s which are the lightest of the group at 49 lbs (but heard they are noisy at highway speeds). Next best tire is Cooper AT3 XLT which is resoundingly quiet and comfortable for an E, but those weigh in at 57 lbs. So that’s 16 lbs more per corner. How concerned should I be? That’s a big difference. Although I see Ranger guys and others choosing this tire so not sure what to think.The diameter goes from a 32.1 to a 33.2 so on paper it shouldn’t hit MPGs too hard, but I have no idea what to think about the added weight.

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford
Is the tint and a catch can for the 2.3L something we could have done before pickup? Will the catch can void the warranty? I'm worried about long-term reliability with the carbon build up on the 2.3L.
Tint for sure as for the catch can, if they make one for it that does not require fabrication or heavy modification to the Bronco then yes...

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welp...now that we have had what seems like fifteen...errr...twenty years to decide, what is your final build if you have one? Mine is:

Black Diamond
Four door
Velocity Blue
2.7 liter V6 engine
Automatic
Sasquatch package
Mid-package
Grey MIC top
Tow package
Floor liners
And a partridge in a pear tree ?

Changes I made from my original build:

-Was originally gonna go with Badlands but started to have second thoughts due to the overall price of that trim so I switched. I figure I don’t need the sway bar disconnect and items with the high package anyways. The interior of the Black Diamond matches better with my exterior color choice and I love the standard headlights also. I still get everything I want and need with the 4x4 along with sport mode so it all works out in the end.

-Switched from soft to hard top. The integrity of the soft top like with the clips started to worry me. How long would they truly last? Sound deadening and climate control will be better in the hard top also I imagine. I’m not getting a roof rack so I don’t have to worry about taking that off or putting it back on. Still not too thrilled with the grey color of the MIC top but I’ll live. Can get soft top aftermarket also if I decide to add one and for much less than what the modular top will cost.

-Switched from antimatter blue to velocity blue. It rains here a lot which means lots of cloudy days...yay. Due to that lack of sun, I figure antimatter blue would just be too dark and look black most of the time so I switched back to my original color of velocity blue. Should stand out very nicely also.
I’m having a tough time deciding between WT and non Sasquatch BL. All depends on mpgs.

Sponsored

BKBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxima
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Base 4 door
Carbonized Gray
Sasquatch
2.3l
Auto
MIC
Floor liners

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It all depends on what my dealer states as his bottom line. It is between a base sasquatch, 2dr, switches, modular bumper and 2.7, or a black diamond in a similar configuration. Love the black diamond interior!

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base.
2.7/Auto
Roof Racks
Rock Rails
overhead switches

Um....I think thats it,
Look forward to 33" aftermarket wheels/tires.
So that sits at about $35K.
Really wanted BB with more stuff, broke the $40K ceiling though.
Will see what this new interior option is all about (IF we see it before ordering?)

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL
Luxe Pkg
AT
17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels
Floor Liners
Mesh Bimini Top
Roof Rails W/ Cross Bars
Tow Pkg
VB or AMB or Carbonized Gray or Rapid Red or CO

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It still kills me that I can't get the Black Diamond, Manual, Mid Pkg combo...so I can see myself going two separate ways. Really trying to keep my build lower than 40k, but may have to extend the budget a bit to get the BD where I want it.

If I go Manual:
2Dr Base ManSquatch, AMB, 2.3L, Modular Front Bumper/Bash Plates, Aux Switches, etc.

If I go Auto:
2Dr Black Diamond, AMB, 2.7L, Mid Package, Tow Package, etc.

Sponsored

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still undecided and not sure what will sway me one way or the other. I do know it will be a 4-door.

If BL it will be Oxford White, 2.7L, Lux, Leather, MIC, Auto and optional wheels. I’ll remove the rock rails and add a retractable step.

If OBX it will be Shadow Black, 2.7L, Lux, Leather/Roast, Auto/4A, Rear Locker, Aux Switches, MIC and Modular Front Bumper. I will remove the Bridgestone tires installing either Nitto or Toyo. I will also remove the stock step and replace it with a retractable step. No immediate plans to replace the 18” wheels.

I don’t really need a capable off-road vehicle. I want something made in America with a look that doesn’t resemble a Lexus, JLR or Porsche. With that said I can’t go wrong with either model.

Last edited:

BBB

First Name
Tont
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I had at first a base 2.7 sas, but now with the announcement of the heritage package idk anymore

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Idk, I reserved a wildtrak but really want the mgv but it’s more money to build up a badlands with Sasquatch and the 2.7. Guess it depends on how badly I want the mgv and black interior.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is between;

Black Diamond - Four Door, Rapid Red, 2.7, Modular Black HT, Brush guard, Mid-Package, ALU wheels.....

or

OBX - Four Door, Rapid Red, 2.7, Modular Black HT, Brush guard, Locking Diff, ALU wheels, undecided on cloth seats (Navy Pier) versus Leather Trimmed (Navy Pier) seats

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 Door Black Diamond
MIC top
Roof racks
Mid package
2.7 auto
Undecided on color, was all in on cactus gray till I saw the photo of it with the MIC top and black steelies and I hated the combo, leaning AMB right now
Sponsored