Stale Dorito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad I found someone else that is also going through Laura Ford. I've received very confusing information from them regarding my build and conversion process. My order was locked in the offline system on January 25, according to the sales manager, but the "final build" will not be processed until Ford gives them more information after March 19. What they essentially did was lock me in their system so I can't take my reservation elsewhere. I'm clueless as to why they will not process final builds until after the March 19 deadline. I called Ford and they were no help. I also requested a Price Review from Laura Ford several times for my review and approval, but all they will say is that they are still offering the $2k discount. Are you also getting the runaround? They will not give me any info on allocations, either.
Yes! I feel like I'm getting the run around. They won't tell me anything about allocations. They said "they are waiting on ford's word on March 19th". How is it that everyone else knows how many they are getting but not them? I think they got low balled by ford and are afraid of people jumping ship. Sucks bc I want it this year and I'll even give up the 2k offer if it means I have a 21.
Sponsored

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes! I feel like I'm getting the run around. They won't tell me anything about allocations. They said "they are waiting on ford's word on March 19th". How is it that everyone else knows how many they are getting but not them? I think they got low balled by ford and are afraid of people jumping ship. Sucks bc I want it this year and I'll even give up the 2k offer if it means I have a 21.
Same here - I'm ordering a fairly stock Bronco and hope to be in the running for a MY21 . My fear is that they are delaying the final build and confirming pricing in writing, so they have a better chance of having someone walk away from their reservation. This could give them the opportunity to potentially wind up with stock on hand at a huge markup. They have my build; send me the purchase agreement and finalize the order, that simple!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on what I’m seeing in this thread, there is clearly a lot of confusion or misunderstandings that I want to address.

My dealer had 44 allocations. I was #56, having booked 2 weeks late. They had about 30% drop out so I got the 43rd or 44th one.
I just want to remind everyone that we’re working off allocation *estimates* from Ford right now. They’ve obviously factored in an estimated number of cancellations... but *actual* allocations won’t be calculated until after the March cutoff.

I don’t want people thinking that if they make the cut now it will stay that way (or vice versa). If you’re right around the edge it’s anyone’s guess until your dealer gets the actual numbers.

Guys who buy fleet vehicles. Tough to argue against that.
There’s no way for a dealer to prioritize Bronco orders in the same way they’re used to doing with other orders.

A couple things could be happening here. Either they are confused and they are attempting to use priority coding to play favorites. This isn’t a thing with the Bronco and those codes will be ignored. They could be coding builds 99 which is basically a “do not build” which is super dirty and you should have a conversation with your dealer if this is the case.

The final way they could be playing favorites is if they try to get cute and straight up refuse to convert orders to give their estimated allocations to their friends. If they are doing this they will likely under-convert compared to Ford’s estimates, and the result will be a lower number of actual allocations. Meaning they’ll not only be denying Broncos to the people they refuse to convert, but also to the people they’re trying to play games with.

If anyone’s dealer is playing these games, it would be in everyone’s best interest (yours, the dealer and their other customers) for you to educate yourself on how this works with the Bronco, and find out what your dealer thinks they’re doing.

I was told that regardless of when you placed an order at the dealer, your bronco delivery date would only depend on your pre order date.
Bronco orders will generally be filled in the order that reservations were made. This is what is meant by “reservation time stamp.”

Everyone will be ranked against the other orders at your dealer, and they will build Broncos in order of time stamp.

If they get to you and they dont have a part they need (ran out because of high demand, or just don’t have it because it’s late availability) they’ll pass on you and move to the next person. As soon as your missing part becomes available, you’re still front of the line based on time stamp, so yours gets built.

As mentioned before, the one catch here is that if you are choosing to wait for a MY22 option (green body, white mod top) your dealer can code you order as a priority 99... meaning it’s in the order banks but Ford will not process / build your order until the dealer changes the priority To something else.

All that is to say, and referencing my first two replies, it doesn’t matter when your order actually gets entered into the system, just as long as it is.

When March rolls around they’ll take a look at all the orders in the system and they’ll stack them in time stamp order. That’s how in April Ford will give an estimated delivery window for everyone who’s converted.

Some people have reported that their dealer isn’t entering their orders at all since they want to delay to MY22... and the dealer will enter it later when MY22 opens up. All I can say to that is, in Ford’s own correspondence they are recommending that these orders still be entered now and coded 99... it’s up to you how you want to proceed with your dealer on that.

Last edited:

FursTymerGoEz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on what I’m seeing in this thread, there is clearly a lot of confusion or misunderstandings that I want to address.

I just want to remind everyone that we’re working off allocation *estimates* from Ford right now. They’ve obviously factored in an estimated number of cancellations... but *actual* allocations won’t be calculated until after the March cutoff.

I don’t want people thinking that if they make the cut now it will stay that way (or vice versa). If you’re right around the edge it’s anyone’s guess until your dealer gets the actual numbers.

There’s no way for a dealer to prioritize Bronco orders in the same way they’re used to doing with other orders.

A couple things could be happening here. Either they are confused and they are attempting to use priority coding to play favorites. This isn’t a thing with the Bronco and those codes will be ignored. They could be coding builds 99 which is basically a “do not build” which is super dirty and you should have a conversation with your dealer if this is the case.

The final way they could be playing favorites is if they try to get cute and straight up refuse to convert orders to give their estimated allocations to their friends. If they are doing this they will likely under-convert compared to Ford’s estimates, and the result will be a lower number of actual allocations. Meaning they’ll not only be denying Broncos to the people they refuse to convert, but also to the people they’re trying to play games with.

If anyone’s dealer is playing these games, it would be in everyone’s best interest (yours, the dealer and their other customers) for you to educate yourself on how this works with the Bronco, and find out what your dealer thinks they’re doing.

Bronco orders will generally be filled in the order that reservations were made. This is what is meant by “reservation time stamp.”

Everyone will be ranked against the other orders at your dealer, and they will build Broncos in order of time stamp.

If they get to you and they dont have a part they need (ran out because of high demand, or just don’t have it because it’s late availability) they’ll pass on you and move to the next person. As soon as your missing part becomes available, you’re still front of the line based on time stamp, so yours gets built.

As mentioned before, the one catch here is that if you are choosing to wait for a MY22 option (green body, white mod top) your dealer can code you order as a priority 99... meaning it’s in the order banks but Ford will not process / build your order until the dealer changes the priority To something else.

All that is to say, and referencing my first two replies, it doesn’t matter when your order actually gets entered into the system, just as long as it is.

When March rolls around they’ll take a look at all the orders in the system and they’ll stack them in time stamp order. That’s how in April Ford will give an estimated delivery window for everyone who’s converted.

Some people have reported that their dealer isn’t entering their orders at all since they want to delay to MY22... and the dealer will enter it later when MY22 opens up. All I can say to that is, in Ford’s own correspondence they are recommending that these orders be entered and coded 99... it’s up to you how you want to proceed with your dealer on that.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Raincloud

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure of my exact number but my dealer is getting 7 and I am in the top 5. They had 19 reservations.

Last edited:

Caltec

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2021 Bronco 2dr OB SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reserved a Bronco on 7/15 and ordered mine today. I am #10 out of the 17 allocated to my dealership with only 4 of the people ahead of me placing an order so far. Several of the others ahead of me have not been heard from yet. Hopefully I can move up the list.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I got an email from Ford saying Mullinax Ford in Mobile Alabama entered an order on my behalf and congratulations?

I was specifically waiting until March to 'Convert my order to a Reservation' so how can Mullinex, order on my behalf?

I am still deciding Colors, model and then was going to send them my PDF of the build I want.

So questions: Can i now not move my Reservation to another dealer?
and 2, can i still color and option my reservation the way i want to?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just met up with my dealership. They have 113 allocations and received just over 400 reservation... I am 392. I was a late Sept. So I am not surprised and am building like it's 2022. They did have a bronco sport in A51 parked next to a Ranger in CG. Was good to see in the light. Helped with my choice.

FjBronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

125 out of 187, only 56 allocated to my dealership. Mine will be a MY22

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was #10 out of 39 allocations (152 total reservations)..on the day they released allocations. Just found out I moved up to #3!! NICE!! 10:50 EST night of reveal. go-go-sasquatch-bronco-order. 1st sasquatch in NJ (at least according to our 6G order list and reservation #s).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got an email from Ford saying Mullinax Ford in Mobile Alabama entered an order on my behalf and congratulations?

I was specifically waiting until March to 'Convert my order to a Reservation' so how can Mullinex, order on my behalf?

I am still deciding Colors, model and then was going to send them my PDF of the build I want.

So questions: Can i now not move my Reservation to another dealer?
and 2, can i still color and option my reservation the way i want to?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Here's some light reading... short version: You're not sunk... you can have your order modified all the way up until about 2 weeks before they start building your Bronco. If you want to work with this dealer, they can absolutely edit the order to be exactly what you want... but you should only do this negotiation if you're all talking about price now as well.

Ford says it's possible to move your reservation/order, but if you want to move your reservation it's gonna take some work. Ford is still working on it and has to manually undo all these types of situations... It's in Ford's best interest to get this to happen, so Corporate is on your side.... but it's clearly not an easy task for them.

Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my knowledge, on hold with Ford customer care now! ?

Sharky

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I found someone else that is also going through Laura Ford. I've received very confusing information from them regarding my build and conversion process. My order was locked in the offline system on January 25, according to the sales manager, but the "final build" will not be processed until Ford gives them more information after March 19. What they essentially did was lock me in their system so I can't take my reservation elsewhere. I'm clueless as to why they will not process final builds until after the March 19 deadline. I called Ford and they were no help. I also requested a Price Review from Laura Ford several times for my review and approval, but all they will say is that they are still offering the $2k discount. Are you also getting the runaround? They will not give me any info on allocations, either.
I am curious since I was going through Laura ford and was getting the run around before the ordering opened. Did they stick to their word of no deposit? I unfortunately had to purchase a vehicle and had to cancel my reservation.

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am curious since I was going through Laura ford and was getting the run around before the ordering opened. Did they stick to their word of no deposit? I unfortunately had to purchase a vehicle and had to cancel my reservation.
They haven't mentioned anything about a deposit. Then again, they also haven't put my build in or given me final pricing in writing. Compared to other posters' ordering experiences, Laura Ford seems to be behind the 8-ball.
Sponsored