Sponsored

What's everyone doing with their antenna?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess me and my friends are a different breed. Sometimes I think we got broncos just for the take off antennas.

D96D276C-49CC-4FF7-8AE1-10643C37AD42.jpeg
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
stubby, then I realized Im apparently too far out of the city for that to work, I got horrible reception, most stations didnt work at all. back to the whip antenna, doesnt bother me that much.

Also gives me a small heart attack as it bangs on the clearance bars in parking garages.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8 1/4 " TEKK NOT TO SHORT JUST RIGHT. WORKS GREAT ON AM & FM
Ford Bronco What's everyone doing with their antenna? D96D276C-49CC-4FF7-8AE1-10643C37AD42
I can’t find this antenna in 8 1/4 inch. Only 7.9 inches. Where did you get it??

Sponsored

wcmaness

Outer Banks
First Name
Wesly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX; '11 Armada; '02 Tahoe Z71; '91 XJ6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Second that. The stock one looks ridiculous. Except to the 1%ers that still listen to FM and AM radio. That's the first thing that goes on all of my vehicles.
I replaced mine with a stubby too - and I still listen to AM talk radio with no problem.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8 1/4 " TEKK NOT TO SHORT JUST RIGHT. WORKS GREAT ON AM & FM
Ford Bronco What's everyone doing with their antenna? D96D276C-49CC-4FF7-8AE1-10643C37AD42
So I picked up this exact antenna. It came with some posts of varied sizes. Took the stock one off. I tried all 4 posts in the Tekk antenna. But nothing was a fit. Am I missing something? Should I put the post in the Tekk antenna, then into to the Bronco? Or put the post into the Bronco, then attached the Tekk antenna? Don't know if it matters, but I have a MY23 Badlands. I just cou;dn't get any of the 4 posts provided to fit right. I was hoping you might have some suggestions.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Bronco911

Big Bend
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR Big Bend, squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I picked up this exact antenna. It came with some posts of varied sizes. Took the stock one off. I tried all 4 posts in the Tekk antenna. But nothing was a fit. Am I missing something? Should I put the post in the Tekk antenna, then into to the Bronco? Or put the post into the Bronco, then attached the Tekk antenna? Don't know if it matters, but I have a MY23 Badlands. I just cou;dn't get any of the 4 posts provided to fit right. I was hoping you might have some suggestions.
I bought the Tek carbon fiber stubby 7.9" from amazon $25. works just as well as the the whip, and use the post that will screw into the bronco and then screw the stubby into the post.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Tek carbon fiber stubby 7.9" from amazon $25. works just as well as the the whip, and use the post that will screw into the bronco and then screw the stubby into the post.
Thanks for the response. So out of the 4 posts provided the 2 fattest posts fit the Bronco. (The skinny ones did not) One post was wicked short. And the other one was 3x longer. Which post did you end up using? Long or short? Do you remember? Glad to hear it works just as well as the whip. Cant wait to give it another try.

Sponsored

Bronco911

Big Bend
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR Big Bend, squatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the response. So out of the 4 posts provided the 2 fattest posts fit the Bronco. (The skinny ones did not) One post was wicked short. And the other one was 3x longer. Which post did you end up using? Long or short? Do you remember? Glad to hear it works just as well as the whip. Cant wait to give it another try.
I used the longer one, it seemed to be the best option.

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went with stubby for aesthetics, then realized the standard antenna comes in more useful for parking garage height clearance tester so I reverted back. (I don’t use the radio)

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went with this 13" on ours, still gets good FM reception. It was the very first thing we replaced, the minute we first pulled into the driveway.

Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Ford F150 2009-2023 | 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement | Designed for Optimized FM/AM Reception https://a.co/d/iHHypgJ

PXL_20220917_140324099.jpg

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello fellow Bronco6G members! Wanted to get a few opinions, what is everyone doing with their antenna? I removed mine because it hits the garage when I park, but mainly I'm wondering if leaving it off could cause damage (water from rain sitting int he antenna hole), or if I should just get a shorter aftermarket one.
I listen to AM radio with mine, seriously.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went with the Craven Speed Stubby. Looks great. Great reception....and comes with a cool Sasquatch sticker! :cool:
Ford Bronco What's everyone doing with their antenna? 2.5 lift with 35s
Sponsored