Sponsored

What's missing from the display after update?

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the latest SYNC update with the full-screen Apple CarPlay......AND mine still shows the speed limit sign above current speed. So it's not consistent across the board about the speed limit being removed from the screen.
It disappears when you’re in an active route. Otherwise you should see it. Really annoying when you’re on a road trip and want to make sure you’re still doing the limit. I miss it.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally remembered to take a pic for you. I was stopped while taking the picture, but was using navigation at the time. But one of the first things I did when I got my Bronco was turn off Ford updates because I knew they'd break something.. I was actually more worried about the black screen of death.

Ford Bronco What's missing from the display after update? 20230128_132836

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally remembered to take a pic for you. I was stopped while taking the picture, but was using navigation at the time. But one of the first things I did when I got my Bronco was turn off Ford updates because I knew they'd break something.. I was actually more worried about the black screen of death.

Ford Bronco What's missing from the display after update? 20230128_132836
Are you using the built-in navigation, or something like Google Maps on your phone? Maybe that's the difference? I used to see it while using Google Maps, now I don't. During the trial period I tried the built-in nav and didn't really like it.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It disappears when you’re in an active route. Otherwise you should see it. Really annoying when you’re on a road trip and want to make sure you’re still doing the limit. I miss it.
Built-in navigation or navigation on your phone? I use Google Maps via Android Auto and it used to show up there, now it doesn't under any circumstances.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you using the built-in navigation, or something like Google Maps on your phone? Maybe that's the difference? I used to see it while using Google Maps, now I don't. During the trial period I tried the built-in nav and didn't really like it.
Good point...I have the built in Nav and love it. Never use Android Auto.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Built-in navigation or navigation on your phone? I use Google Maps via Android Auto and it used to show up there, now it doesn't under any circumstances.
From your phone. I don’t use built in Nav so not sure how that is affected.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s where your fun used to be. You’re in ECO mode, which robs you of any excess fun. I’m kidding of course, but it does seem like something is missing and I’m not willing to go start my car right now just to find out. Good luck!
Yeaux!

SAC_reigns.jpg

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good point...I have the built in Nav and love it. Never use Android Auto.
Possibly Ford's way of nudging people to use and pay for the built in nav? No matter. I still see the posted speed limit on the Google Maps screen.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's annoying that it's gone, but more annoying that when it's there now, it shows "30" no matter what the speed limit is (at least on mine).

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

apple maps, puts the speed limit there when its running on car play.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed it is often wrong, like on backroads it'll show 25mph in a 55mph, but then a small town is 55mph where there are actual signs saying differently. If it was correct I'd love the feature, but since I don't really trust it I'm indifferent, however I still have it

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's annoying that it's gone, but more annoying that when it's there now, it shows "30" no matter what the speed limit is (at least on mine).
Mine always showed the speed limit from Google Maps (via Android Auto), but that's not always 100% accurate. I'd say it is accurate 95% of the time, and usually is wrong where the speed limit changes on the same road. Yes, I can get the speed limit from Google Maps from the infotainment screen, but it was nice having it there next to the speedometer.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
apple maps, puts the speed limit there when its running on car play.
Google Maps through Android Auto used to show it there, too. Now there's nothing there.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've noticed it is often wrong, like on backroads it'll show 25mph in a 55mph, but then a small town is 55mph where there are actual signs saying differently. If it was correct I'd love the feature, but since I don't really trust it I'm indifferent, however I still have it
Seems that the speed limit that used to display on the dash was from whichever navigation you were using (Android Auto/Google Maps, Apple CarPlay/Apple Maps, Ford SYNC Navigation), so that would determine the accuracy. Google Maps is correct maybe 95% of the time, in my experience.
Sponsored