First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm trying to figure out why CarPlay often has issues with switching between iPhones. Sometimes it works seamlessly and other times it just can't figure out that one phone is gone. Similarly, sometimes XM radio won't change channels. And sometimes the Bronco start up screen takes forever to clear. I don't know if this is a normal problem or something specific to our '24 Outer Banks.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm trying to figure out why CarPlay often has issues with switching between iPhones. Sometimes it works seamlessly and other times it just can't figure out that one phone is gone. Similarly, sometimes XM radio won't change channels. And sometimes the Bronco start up screen takes forever to clear. I don't know if this is a normal problem or something specific to our '24 Outer Banks.
Hi Chad! I can look into your Bronco's carplay concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My '21 Big Bend sometimes has issues with switching between iPhones, too. Most of the time, if I go wired CarPlay, it figures itself out.

Haven't had the startup screen issue in a while, but it very rarely happened to me anyway. I wanna say it only happened a handful of times in a few months last summer/fall.

Gonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to CarPlay! Have seen this issue with any car we have had it in. Wife gets so mad when i connect to her Lincoln!

OP
OP
Wathoff24

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome to CarPlay! Have seen this issue with any car we have had it in. Wife gets so mad when i connect to her Lincoln!
OK, then it's not just me. Thanks.

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Chad! I can look into your Bronco's carplay concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Hello Ford,

There is nothing that can be fixed. Sync 4 has absolute garbage for CarPlay connectivity. Everyone on the Sync 4 development team should probably be fired as Ford needs a fresh start. As an interim Ford could buy radios from Volkswagen Automotive Group as connectivity in my 2019 GTI as well as my now replaced 2013 Alltrack was perfect.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im always having to reset the radio by pressing power and FF after getting back in. have to do this because theres no sound coming out of the speakers, but the progress bar and numbers are moving. restart clears it. 24 wildtrak lux

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sync 4 has absolute garbage for CarPlay connectivity.
I thought so too till I learned the wireless connect on ford’s is garbage (from someone who would know) and now always plug it in. Life is much better.

OP
OP
Wathoff24

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought so too till I learned the wireless connect on ford’s is garbage (from someone who would know) and now always plug it in. Life is much better.
Good to know. I just turn my iPhone CarPlay off now. thanks for the info!!

maus92

Big Bend
First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
CarPlay and Sync is not reliable, especially when doing multiple stop/start cycles throughout the day. My work-around is killing and restarting CarPlay on the iPhone 15 Pro settings menu. CarPlay is rock-solid in my Tesla.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wathoff24

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
CarPlay and Sync is not reliable, especially when doing multiple stop/start cycles throughout the day. My work-around is killing and restarting CarPlay on the iPhone 15 Pro settings menu. CarPlay is rock-solid in my Tesla.
Thanks. Good to know. I appreciate the tip!!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I lost the bronco trail app in my bronco’s CarPlay screen ( but not my iPhone). Apparent cause is the iPhone will not synch with the vehicle. Tried deleting phone from bronco and sync from phone, pushing volume and ff button, nothing is working to reconnect the phone to the bronco. Very frustrating…

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Tech in these rides sucks. Never had connection issues in my BMW fleet for 20 years.
Everyday I have to trouble shoot a connection with my Bronco. Happ I leased and there is an end date in my future if I want.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I lost the bronco trail app in my bronco’s CarPlay screen ( but not my iPhone). Apparent cause is the iPhone will not synch with the vehicle. Tried deleting phone from bronco and sync from phone, pushing volume and ff button, nothing is working to reconnect the phone to the bronco. Very frustrating…
Same. I get this
Ford Bronco What's up with CarPlay / audio - issue switching between iPhones 20240511_183835

OnX and Google maps were glitchy too, I restarted my phone, they are now working, still no Trail App

OP
OP
Wathoff24

Wathoff24

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. I get this
Ford Bronco What's up with CarPlay / audio - issue switching between iPhones 20240511_183835

OnX and Google maps were glitchy too, I restarted my phone, they are now working, still no Trail App
wow, I've had "vehicle unblocked" which I don't know what it means. Thanks for sharing, it helps my sanity going forward. In other words...lowered expectation on Ford Sync and CarPlay. Thanks again!
Sponsored