Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To help fill in time while we wait for more info to come in on the Bronco, thought I would start a thread to see what everyone like to do when they aren't on here or working (unless working is your hobby LOL)

For me I do enjoy wood working and home theater. Built my first home theater speaker a couple months ago and I will say I'm hooked and it sucks because I am in save up mode so I can't expand on the home theater build until after I get my Bronco. That being said I did order all the components to build a portable Bluetooth speaker and am looking forward into diving into that. I was going to put it in a Jerry can but think I will go to a .50 cal ammo can as its more compact. Once I finish I will be sure to post up some pictures!

What does everyone else do!?!?!
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to have hobbies but since the reveal on Monday night, I seem to have replaced them all with this forum.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built a home theater when I finished our basement. It is what I would call phase 1. Used the golden rule calculator to help me get the dimensions of the room. Wired it for 15.2 (4 sets of height and 4 atmos) wont use all of them probably just 11.1 but wanted the options before drywall went up. I did not go full tilt on soundproofing as I wanted phase 1 to kind of proove I needed it or not. My aunt was a structural engineer working in industrial soundproofing and between talking to her (a little) and the AVS forum the materials alone were 6k. Right now I am just running a Denon 7.2 atmos receiver, Pioneer andrew jones 5.2 with a klipsch 12in sub, and a BenQ 2050.

I like building things. Current major project is building a geothermal wine celler in our basement 5ftx8ft interior space. Building the racks...talk about repetitive for about 500 bottles worth of storage. Then I want to finsh my workbench/area in the garage...we did a 3 car when we built our house in 2015. No way I could go back to a 2 car.

Other hobbies are putting holes in paper and reloading the pew pew's. Snowboarding but that is limited to 1x a year but looking forward to get my daughter on the slopes hopefully 2021. Snowmobiling is also a blast in CO when I am out there. Thinking about taking some side by sides out in Sept when we go out there for a long weekend/short week in sept. I like hiking and snowshoeing as well. automobiles are also a hobby of mine

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Built a home theater when I finished our basement. It is what I would call phase 1. Used the golden rule calculator to help me get the dimensions of the room. Wired it for 15.2 (4 sets of height and 4 atmos) wont use all of them probably just 11.1 but wanted the options before drywall went up. I did not go full tilt on soundproofing as I wanted phase 1 to kind of proove I needed it or not. My aunt was a structural engineer working in industrial soundproofing and between talking to her (a little) and the AVS forum the materials alone were 6k. Right now I am just running a Denon 7.2 atmos receiver, Pioneer andrew jones 5.2 with a klipsch 12in sub, and a BenQ 2050.

I like building things. Current major project is building a geothermal wine celler in our basement 5ftx8ft interior space. Building the racks...talk about repetitive for about 500 bottles worth of storage. Then I want to finsh my workbench/area in the garage...we did a 3 car when we built our house in 2015. No way I could go back to a 2 car.

Other hobbies are putting holes in paper and reloading the pew pew's. Snowboarding but that is limited to 1x a year but looking forward to get my daughter on the slopes hopefully 2021. Snowmobiling is also a blast in CO when I am out there. Thinking about taking some side by sides out in Sept when we go out there for a long weekend/short week in sept. I like hiking and snowshoeing as well. automobiles are also a hobby of mine
Love to see pics of the theater if you have any (though I might of seen them on AVS Forum LOL) Also the wine cellar sounds awesome! post pics when you are done with that for sure! Oh I did forget hunting as well for a hobby I guess. Very fortunate to get to go to by bosses deer lease a couple times a year to stock the freezer with meat.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love to see pics of the theater if you have any (though I might of seen them on AVS Forum LOL) Also the wine cellar sounds awesome! post pics when you are done with that for sure! Oh I did forget hunting as well for a hobby I guess. Very fortunate to get to go to by bosses deer lease a couple times a year to stock the freezer with meat.
Used to hunt when I was a kid, we lived on 5.5 acres and across the street was 250acres the owner gave permission to hunt on. Got burned out of it by time I was in my teens. Did help quarter and cut up deer in a barn...mostly for the drinks and to hang out with buddies 4-5 17-19yr olds hanging out in a barn. we would cut out the loin and grill it while we cut out steaks and separated into piles for stew meat, jerky, and ground beef.

Will get some pics up. I did put some on the AVS forum but that thread is a monster.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I write stories, I game, I drive around, sometimes I take my dates (gf now) to make and paint stuff

Offroad once in awhile, and plan on traveling more once I can

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My hobbies include watching hockey and football, especially the Penguins, Steelers, and Penn State; playing trivia; hiking; visiting national parks; and obsessing about Broncos.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Float trips and Dirt bike are the two hobbies that'll benefit from the Bronco. PC and console gaming also.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My hobbies include watching hockey and football, especially the Penguins, Steelers, and Penn State; playing trivia; hiking; visiting national parks; and obsessing about Broncos.
Can't wait for Hockey Season to resume with live games.

I don't care when it's on TV, but I like being there, if it makes sense

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to have hobbies but since the reveal on Monday night, I seem to have replaced them all with this forum.
lol same here
i used to play xbox as well but im selling it to pay for rc car stuff. my current hoby is fixing, breaking, repeat on my traxxas 1/16 scale e revo. i also like mountain biking, and i want to build an rc crawler. plans are changing by the minute tho so idk what im gonna do... first i wanted to a '73 bronco tribute but that would cost me a lot (~$500 without electronis) so i'm just gonna get a traxxas trx4 sport kit, build that and mod it up (~$500 with electronics)

Last edited:

Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gaming, building and hopefully drifting my AE86 soon. Most anything else surrounding cars. I used to ride quads and a little bit of dirt bikes in the desert when I was younger so maybe the Bronco can get me back out there.

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPS made a stop today with the bluetooth speaker components. I don't have the box to mount it yet but thought I would wire it up to test fire. Worked like a champ!

Ford Bronco Whats your hobbies! 20200722_164923_resized
Sponsored