Sponsored

Wheel Liners - can be spray painted or coated?

I.Vegabond

Badlands
First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a complete noob when it comes to vehicles, my Bronco is the first time I've ever even taken a remote interest in them, so please be kind with what may seem like a stupid question 😅...

I'm installing @ORACLE Lighting Rock Lights and going all out and doing their fiber optic wheel well liners also.

I'm taking everything apart and realizing the wheel liners themselves are like a fabric type material. (I've always wondered why they are a bitch the keep clean)

Before I install my lights, can the liners themselves be spray painted or coated somehow to make them easier to clean? For some reason I always assumed they would be plastic...

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As far as I know painting them would only look nice for a short time until more crud go caught in the fibers. Some sort of fabric waterproofing or hydrophobic spray might make them a little easier to clean, but I think "dirty" is just their look Just get them muddy and keep them that way

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am a complete noob when it comes to vehicles, my Bronco is the first time I've ever even taken a remote interest in them, so please be kind with what may seem like a stupid question 😅...

I'm installing @ORACLE Lighting Rock Lights and going all out and doing their fiber optic wheel well liners also.

I'm taking everything apart and realizing the wheel liners themselves are like a fabric type material. (I've always wondered why they are a bitch the keep clean)

Before I install my lights, can the liners themselves be spray painted or coated somehow to make them easier to clean? For some reason I always assumed they would be plastic...

Ford Bronco Wheel Liners - can be spray painted or coated? IMG_0483

Ford Bronco Wheel Liners - can be spray painted or coated? IMG_0483
It’s an overly complicated design in my opinion.

A couple of years ago, I tried a spray can of Scothgard on my Badland’s wheel wells and it was futile! Mud, dirt and general filth muck gets all jammed up in there. The irregular shapes and pockets also contribute to the wheel liners attraction of crap too! I just use my pressure washer & douche them out thoroughly when I wash my rig.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive been looking to replace mine too, no lights but love the metal looking ones with a design but i want a stainless look with a ford or bronco logo but yeah they are hard to keep clean after mud and rocks make scratches but its a truck i figure

Sponsored

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I looked at those, but I'd want something that would be less of a pain in the ass to remove, not more lol. Also wonder what that'd mean as far as mounting shock reservoirs... for my fox shocks I can mount them in behind the current liner (although it deforms them a bit).. other option was to trim the liner to fully expose the reservoir... but I wasn't feeling it at the time.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the felt type liners suck but all the manufactures seem to be going that route. They are quieter when stones hit them. You've got people complaining about the little tag on a Bestop top making a noise in the wind, just imagine if they heard the rocks hitting the liner up front :rolleyes:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that the “felt” wheel liners are probably meant to make the inside of the vehicle quieter from road/tire noise, as well as rocks getting kicked up.

A pressure washer should be able to help keep them fairly clean, but at the end of the day it’s an off-road vehicle… nobody’s going to notice a bit of dirt under there 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored