Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B2 will always be the true 2G Bronco IMO. 78-96 doesn't count. That thing looks like a beast.

I've spent my entire life wheeling 33-35" class vehicles and I'm ready to make that next jump to tons and this is just the right platform to not care about some dings.
I don't think you need 1-tons with less than 37 inch tires. Keep that weight down.

I do like what this guy is doing with the 6G bolt-ons

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think you need 1-tons with less than 37 inch tires. Keep that weight down.

I do like what this guy is doing with the 6G bolt-ons

Oh I want 40-44s on this one.

That grill swap is growing on me.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I want to do a 14 bolt in the rear. I thought about just keeping it a matching 10.5 but my front is a 4.10 and it doesn't appear the 4.10 rear was available with an e-locker so that takes some shine off. I'm not looking to regear because with the doubler I think I'll have enough. I'll need to shave it though.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good looking Duece! Don't ruin it with 1-tons though. D50 TTB with cut-and-turned beams, long arms and swingset steering FTW. Plus a spooled 9" in the rear with triangulated 4-link :)

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good looking Duece! Don't ruin it with 1-tons though. D50 TTB with cut-and-turned beams, long arms and swingset steering FTW. Plus a spooled 9" in the rear with triangulated 4-link :)
While that would be cool, I need tons to keep me moving past where my 6G stops. And I kind of bought my front 60 already.

PXL_20221010_002845708.jpg

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you need to weld the spider gears, don't waste money at this stage on a locker if you are not going to regear. I would go with what ever rear pops up with disc brakes (you want big brakes for the doubler).

You are going to be fighting the width issue on trail, so I would blow money on steering. Full Hydro!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you need to weld the spider gears, don't waste money at this stage on a locker if you are not going to regear. I would go with what ever rear pops up with disc brakes (you want big brakes for the doubler).

You are going to be fighting the width issue on trail, so I would blow money on steering. Full Hydro!
I'll put a lunchbox in front to help with steering but welding the rear sounds fine. The dually adapters are coming off so it won't be any wider than anyone else on tons. I was only planning on hydro assist.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love it with the 4L swap.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you ever wheeled a fullsize? You go from being able to pick a line to this is how you fit. Not making a negative comments but you did buy a Bronco 2 which has an advantage due to width/size.

I wheeled a 85 Toyota Hilux for a long time before moving up to a FZJ80. I went from fitting between to having to crawl over certain obstacles. Certain trails went from easy to hardcore.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever wheeled a fullsize? You go from being able to pick a line to this is how you fit. Not making a negative comments but you did buy a Bronco 2 which has an advantage due to width/size.

I wheeled a 85 Toyota Hilux for a long time before moving up to a FZJ80. I went from fitting between to having to crawl over certain obstacles. Certain trails went from easy to hardcore.
Just a mild F150 years back. This is being built to follow 1 ton jeeps so if they fit I'll fit.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the picture of the early bronco is deceiving. What kind of link set up are you going to run?
That EB is on narrow axles but my goal is to build beyond that and be able to run with the next bigger group.

Going 3 link with coilovers in front and leaving the rear leaves for now, just stretching as far as I can without getting into the gas tank.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.