First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all, I am looking to finally join the Bronco family and I have 2 local dealerships I could buy my first Bronco from.

Firstly, my offer of 49,500 would be accepted for a 4 door big bend, with mid package, as pictured below. (Only upgrades it has are the mid package, modular bumper, tube step, and brush guard)

Secondly, my other offer to another dealership was on a 2 door black diamond for 51,000, as pictured below as well. The black diamond would have storage bags upgraded as well as, mid package, floor liners, and cargo area protector.

Both are automatics. The big bend has been on the lot, while the black diamond will be delivered on the 17th.

I feel like it would be a no brainer to get the black diamond just for the larger axle, aux switches, bash plates, and rear lockers. (I live in Florida and would like to take it off roading every once in a while if this plays a factor in which I should choose)

I am just 18 so I don’t necessarily have a family that I need to be carrying around in a four door.

Which should I go with?

Ford Bronco Which do I pick? IMG_1665

IMG_5894.jpeg
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard pass on any Big Bends without a rear locker.

Tube steps, rock rails as such are all over Craigslist for $75

Better gearing on a Black diamond and washout flooring (plus for me).

Only real thing of value in the mid-package is heat-seats which would be zero value in Florida.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I was 18 again (deep sigh)...2dr BD hands down

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If $ were no object, BD. But I don't know that I would advise any 18yo to willingly go into that type of debt for something that depreciates like a vehicle.

To each his own though.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never like telling people how to spend their money, but with that said...

I agree with MnBigfoot , the statement about the mid package and the heated seats- probably not a good selling point in Florida, especially to an 18 year old.

If I was you, the Black Diamond every time.

I still can't wrap my brain around an 18 year old dropping over 50,000 on a new car. . . I sound like my dad, telling me about a slice of pizza for a nickel :oops: :ROFLMAO:😂😅:wink:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Voyna

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haha thanks for the feedback everyone. You’d actually be surprised how many times I’ve turned on the heated seats in my family’s cars, Florida winters come out of nowhere. I’ll be going to college in central Florida which usually gets in the 40s for 5 months out of the 12, and the rest are usually rainy (rainy means I get soaked, if I’m soaked then I get cold).

Big part of the mid package for me though was the dual climate because even though it gets cold, it gets very hot. And the safety features feel more important to me as a younger driver.

I’ve definitely been more toward the black diamond just wanted some veterans to back me on this decision so I appreciate everything you guys have said so far!

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard pass on any Big Bends without a rear locker.

Tube steps, rock rails as such are all over Craigslist for $75

Better gearing on a Black diamond and washout flooring (plus for me).

Only real thing of value in the mid-package is heat-seats which would be zero value in Florida.

Ford Bronco Which do I pick? Lockers

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If $ were no object, BD. But I don't know that I would advise any 18yo to willingly go into that type of debt for something that depreciates like a vehicle.

To each his own though.
This. Invest that money wisely. You could double it in a few years. You purchase new, trendy vehicles when you can afford to write a check and never notice that the money is gone.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This. Invest that money wisely. You could double it in a few years. You purchase new, trendy vehicles when you can afford to write a check and never notice that the money is gone.

Sage advice for sure - but we have no idea what this kid is worth - or his parents, if they are funding this.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all, I am looking to finally join the Bronco family and I have 2 local dealerships I could buy my first Bronco from.

Firstly, my offer of 49,500 would be accepted for a 4 door big bend, with mid package, as pictured below. (Only upgrades it has are the mid package, modular bumper, tube step, and brush guard)

Secondly, my other offer to another dealership was on a 2 door black diamond for 51,000, as pictured below as well. The black diamond would have storage bags upgraded as well as, mid package, floor liners, and cargo area protector.

Both are automatics. The big bend has been on the lot, while the black diamond will be delivered on the 17th.

I feel like it would be a no brainer to get the black diamond just for the larger axle, aux switches, bash plates, and rear lockers. (I live in Florida and would like to take it off roading every once in a while if this plays a factor in which I should choose)

I am just 18 so I don’t necessarily have a family that I need to be carrying around in a four door.

Which should I go with?

I'm partial to 2-door vehicles, and so would advise that route. They are generally more sporty and fun to drive on a regular basis, even simple things like parking are a bit easier. Overall I enjoy driving more nimble vehicles and dislike driving our long min-van, even it does excel at hauling stuff.

Unless you plan to regularly cart around a bunch of friends who don't like climbing in the back seat, or bring a lot of stuff along, then consider 4-door. Ford could have done a better job of having the 2-door front passenger seat slide further forward for rear seat access.

If only doing occasional mild/medium off-roading, I don't think the other stuff matters all that much, other than I like having decent skid plate protection.

Honestly though, at your age and if you have a choice of rust free vehicles down south, I'd probably buy a budget Jeep TJ (or maybe JK) and have a blast driving that around even if it gets beat up by friends or whatever.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sage advice for sure - but we have no idea what this kid is worth - or his parents, if they are funding this.
True story. After my high school graduation, we all walked out of the gymnasium, and there on the street was a brand new car with huge bow on top. And a student was jumping up and down shouting "thank you daddy". Yeah, that family had to do it right there in front of everyone.

I got a camera for graduation, and a lesson about income disparities, lol.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big part of the mid package for me though was the dual climate because even though it gets cold, it gets very hot. And the safety features feel more important to me as a younger driver.
I absolutely detest dual and automatic climate controls. Very happy with the standard package.

I'd get the 2-door. They are much friendlier in parking lots. 2-door is also a lot roomier in the cockpit due to the longer doors and B-pillar location.

I'd also get a manual, because automatics suck the soul.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands and Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

As a father of a 22 year old with a Badlands I would encourage you to consider a sub-10k mileage Bronco to save some of your hard-earned money. A look on Cars.com will show you over 20 two-door BD, Badlands and even Wildtrak Broncos with 5-6k miles in the $40k range. They will still be under warranty. I would check the under carrage for off-roading markings. good luck!
Sponsored