Sponsored

How Long Do People Have to Pick Up Once It’s In?

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get ready to pay a sweet ADM….
Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer honored every single detail of our agreement and it was a smooth transaction. They also told me when I signed the purchase agreement that I would have 5 days to claim the vehicle unless they had a good reason to hold it for me longer. They had it less than 24 hours before I took it off their hands so I wasn’t even close but as many have said before…..it’s up to the dealer. Apparently there was already a list of people who wanted the car and had specified how much over MSRP they were willing to pay.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much ADM are they asking?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, I did not know that was a thing…
Unfortunately some shady dealers dealers are adding ADM to vehicles ordered by customers at the time of delivery. The customer places an order for MSRP. Once the vehicle hits the dealer the customer comes in to pick it up only to discover the dealer wants an additional $5k-$25k over MSRP. If the customer does not pay and refuses the vehicle the dealer is then free to sell it at whatever price the market will bare.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer had one bronco on the lot a few months ago. It was a customer order. Sales guy said it was sold but they made agreement with the buyer to leave it on the lot for people to look at and bring in more customers only the owner was allowed to drive it and occasionally it would come back all muddy after the weekend. But that is a one off situation. Usually when buying a new car you just pick a day and go in sign paper work put down payment down and walk out. Typically takes a few hours.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately some shady dealers dealers are adding ADM to vehicles ordered by customers at the time of delivery. The customer places an order for MSRP. Once the vehicle hits the dealer the customer comes in to pick it up only to discover the dealer wants an additional $5k-$25k over MSRP. If the customer does not pay and refuses the vehicle the dealer is then free to sell it at whatever price the market will bare.
Oh boy, okay, got ya… That’s not the case here, though - she’s trying to negotiate them down from the original price her build came to. I was there for quite some time, and at one point, overheard them saying they were trying to reason with her that she ordered all these additional packages, and that’s what they cost.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel like you are the one being used here. They brought you in during negotiations. That's hardball dealership tactics...

"If you don't buy at all of our terms, that person over there will today."

I don't like any of these games.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hopefully it's a case of the dealer holding the order hostage trying to get ADM for the person that placed the order.
I feel like you are the one being used here. They brought you in during negotiations. That's hardball dealership tactics...

"If you don't buy at all of our terms, that person over there will today."

I don't like any of these games.
Ugh, perhaps I should just go with the two door I saw elsewhere - it’s a 2021 Wildtrak and has all the packages I want. My husband suggested just getting that one and trading it in (or keep it for our son) when mine is finally built. What do you think?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh boy, okay, got ya… That’s not the case here, though - she’s trying to negotiate them down from the original price her build came to. I was there for quite some time, and at one point, overheard them saying they were trying to reason with her that she ordered all these additional packages, and that’s what they cost.
Perhaps that is the case, we don't know, are the packages she arguing over a $500 nitrogen fill and window etching/paint sealant for $2500? Is the dealer telling you the entire truth about what are in the negotiations, are they hitting her with your offer and telling her she has to come up another five or ten grand or they will sell it to you? You don't know and either do we. Dealers generally do not suffer from an abundance of goodwill and trust from people these days, so the usual assumption is a dark one.

In any event; The majority of folks here reserved and ordered long ago, like the lady of which you speak.

A fairly large number of those people are fearful of folks just like you, that (per your own posts) go to dealers and agreeing to ADM, while at the same time continuing to look and doing the same thing at multiple dealers.

They are afraid that the dealer is going to demand a bidding war and ignore the deals already made. That they will have to pay more or lose the truck they waited a very long time to get and, in today's World, isn't something they can get again any time soon.

So you are, just on the face of it, not exactly going to be welcomed here with open arms and helpful suggestions on how to move in to get a Bronco ordered by someone else, at least not by most folks. A simple reading of the room should tell you that. I do not intend to cast any negative aspersions your way, I certainly do not know all the details of your particular situations, just to be clear.

however...

You may want to tone down your excitement at snipping another persons reservation order, it may be taken as disrespectful by a large contingent of folks. Perhaps try to be more empathetic to someone worried about getting their Bronco in the future due to people 'jumping the line' by paying ADM. While you have essentially nothing invested in these trucks you are considering, the people who reserved and ordered them have invested a lot of time, thought, and stress dealing with alternate transportation and other issues regarding the process. I wish you luck in getting the Bronco you want and I hope you tread lightly off road and on the forum.

edit; In truth, it doesn't even matter if the order was abandoned at MSRP before the ADM offer was made, the perception of someone paying ADM for any reservation order that was not theirs is going to have terrible optics, simply because folks don't know it wasn't a screw job on the reservation holder.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ugh, perhaps I should just go with the two door I saw elsewhere - it’s a 2021 Wildtrak and has all the packages I want. My husband suggested just getting that one and trading it in (or keep it for our son) when mine is finally built. What do you think?
If you can get it for MSRP, go for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Perhaps that is the case, we don't know, are the packages she arguing over a $500 nitrogen fill and window etching/paint sealant for $2500? Is the dealer telling you the entire truth about what are in the negotiations, are they hitting her with your offer and telling her she has to come up another five or ten grand or they will sell it to you? You don't know and either do we. Dealers generally do not suffer from an abundance of goodwill and trust from people these days, so the usual assumption is a dark one.

In any event; The majority of folks here reserved and ordered long ago, like the lady of which you speak.

A fairly large number of those people are fearful of folks just like you, that (per your own posts) go to dealers and agreeing to ADM, while at the same time continuing to look and doing the same thing at multiple dealers.

They are afraid that the dealer is going to demand a bidding war and ignore the deals already made. That they will have to pay more or lose the truck they waited a very long time to get and, in today's World, isn't something they can get again any time soon.

So you are, just on the face of it, not exactly going to be welcomed here with open arms and helpful suggestions on how to move in to get a Bronco ordered by someone else, at least not by most folks. A simple reading of the room should tell you that. I do not intend to cast any negative aspersions your way, I certainly do not know all the details of your particular situations, just to be clear.

however...

You may want to tone down your excitement at snipping another persons reservation order, it may be taken as disrespectful by a large contingent of folks. Perhaps try to be more empathetic to someone worried about getting their Bronco in the future due to people 'jumping the line' by paying ADM. While you have essentially nothing invested in these trucks you are considering, the people who reserved and ordered them have invested a lot of time, thought, and stress dealing with alternate transportation and other issues regarding the process. I wish you luck in getting the Bronco you want and I hope you tread lightly off road and on the forum.
You are right - no one knows the entirety of this situation including myself. And, I do apologize if I came off as flippant by making a little light of an insane situation that I too have been vested in from the time they revealed they were even bring the Bronco back, to making my reservation the moment they opened up the site, and then to have had my reservation “lost” somehow when I went right in to officially order it. I’ve been on all sides of this and can attest that it’s been heartbreaking. Perhaps I should have given more background of all the ups and downs I have had, however, I really just wanted to understand how it works if someone willingly abandons or walks away from their delivery - I was able to leave a deposit and fill out all of the proper paperwork, but it is ENTIRELY contingent upon the truck being refused and a letter being sent to the dealership that she releases the vehicle. My heart is again in the balance, and the reason I came here was honestly to figure out what my odds of it being broken again would be.

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you can get it for MSRP, go for it.
I am going for the two door that has no one attached to it already… After reading all the many informative replies in this thread, I think it would feel better this way overall. I’m going to buy and pick it up today. Thank you, and everyone else, who weighed in.🥰

9647EE1E-00B1-4FFE-992C-60F42E337BC6.jpeg

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

however...

edit; In truth, it doesn't even matter if the order was abandoned at MSRP before the ADM offer was made, the perception of someone paying ADM for any reservation order that was not theirs is going to have terrible optics, simply because folks don't know it wasn't a screw job on the reservation holder.
After much consideration of the many thought provoking comments made on my post, I am purchasing the two door which has no one attached to it. All the things that you’ve mentioned have been swirling around in my own head, and I don’t want to be apart of something that’s already in peril. Thank you for your honesty - good things can come when we ask one another to look inward for a moment.😌

417D624C-828D-4241-83B9-0FA1F546E523.jpeg

OP
OP
SweetAndPetite

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You dying to pay a markup as well?
After considering all of the thoughtful comments my post received, I’ve decide to go with one that is not attached to anyone (or drama) and go with one that is clear to be purchased.☺
Sponsored