Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok.. I realized that a lot of modifications are expected from Ford and aftermarket guy’s. grab handles and tube door won’t... but what modifications will void your warranty...

ie... level kit, after markets wheel and tires and so on
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mods don't void the warranty. If your mod leads to a component failure they will decline that warranty claim. Your entire warranty will not be voided.
Scream this from the fucking roof tops. I'm so tired of hearing the fallacy that tunes void warranties.

OP
OP

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mods don't void the warranty. If your mod leads to a component failure they will decline that warranty claim. Your entire warranty will not be voided.
Thanks for the info... I only ask cause I currently own a Chevy Silverado 4x4 single cab and I had a basic 2” level and it tripped the stabilitrack a few years ago and Chevy voided all suspension and drive train warranty because of the level kit...
spent literally 9 months at one point at the dealership... might be a trade for the Bronco if they want it

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s not entirely true. I’ve only encountered it once but at a dealership I used to work at, a guy had his mustang in for a problem and I’m not sure why but Ford send someone out to look at the car and the guy said I can overlook the c.a.i, the suspension mods, even the tune, but because the owner had line locks installed on the car, the ford guy said any and all warranty is now void, with the installation of aftermarket line locks they considered it to be a race car. Customer was super pissed and tried to sue, now sure how that went but the customer sold any ford he owned and vowed to never touch another Ford product

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Which mods will void warranty ? 1613316875150

This ought to do the trick. 😂

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info... I only ask cause I currently own a Chevy Silverado 4x4 single cab and I had a basic 2” level and it tripped the stabilitrack a few years ago and Chevy voided all suspension and drive train warranty because of the level kit...
spent literally 9 months at one point at the dealership... might be a trade for the Bronco if they want it
Likely, given the situation you described, that lift created cascade damage. Like you just said "basic". Although you've not provided any real details here, I can take that to mean that you likely didn't change and upgrade all related components, nor do we know who's parts you used or who did the work.

Cheap lifts usually ruin drivability and some can compromise the safety of the vehicle (per the manufacturer), so if they reckon that the problem would not have happened had you not modded the vehicle, they'll void the warranty.

Basically any mod, including a tune that leads to other component failure will void the warranty since the language in warranties is pretty iron clad. Not like they actually want to fix our rides for free, so they'll do whatever to get out of it.

An installer should warranty their work for at least a year and be willing to repair any faulty work. This keeps you away from the manufacturer warranty concerns.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People just need to have eyes wide open in the event something does go wrong during your warranty period that could have been caused by a modification, are they prepared financially to deal with the risk?

If not, don’t mod the vehicle.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all seriousness, pose a hypothetical "how would you feel if i were to mod/tune" to the service manager, then go from there

Every dealer's different, some are more lenient about tunes and mods than others

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Years ago I worked at a Chevy dealer. The accessories shop sold and installed lift kits. I can't tell you how many half shafts and 4x4 actuators that dealer ended up paying for. The warranty clerk would deny the warranty claim, the dealer sold and installed the lift, so the dealer ended up paying for the repairs. Again there were a lot of repairs, so many the dealer decided to stop selling and installing lift kits.

If you do need warranty work no mater what manufacturer be nice and respectful. I am always amazed at the people that come in the door screaming.

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will pay to play. Do it smart and you won't break anything and cause a denied warranty claim. Of course, there is always Murphy's Law, therefore refer back to statement #1.

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With rumors there will be a Ford Performance lift offered as a DIO, how will that work? will that still void the warranty? as its Ford Performance vs Ford itself?
Sponsored

Reactions: sjp