Sponsored

Which options to drop to speed up order, and still keep as much as possible?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 2D BL 2.7L, Lux, tow, in 10/21. I have basically heard nothing from Ford since I ordered, and I am now wanting to speed up the order. I heard tow & lux were constrained, so I dropped both and went to mid package. I also dropped 2.7L to 2.3L just because I guess I will take the slight improvement in gas mileage and figuring more people are ordering 2.7L so it might be more constrained. Do you guys think it helps dropping mid package back to std? If it was only 2-3 additional months for lux package, I would hang in there, but just concerned about getting lapped by new orders for another year. I know some of you guys follow this, but what do you think? Is there an updated constraints thread in the forums?
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is basically nothing you can drop to speed things up on your build.

1 - 2-Door itself is highly constrained. The main constraint is the MIC top. Even over a year into production, they still can only make about 70% of the demand for the MIC top.

2 - The Badlands suspension parts are also constrained, whether Ford will admit it or not.

While it is true that Lux and Tow are constrained, the biggest shortages are simply the 2-Door and Trim level you picked. Ford isn't going to use a tow harness to build a car $20k less expensive than yours when they could get all the sweet sweet profit of selling a Badlands.

Edit to add: I ordered a 2-Door BASE six months before you ordered your Badlands. I don't have my car yet either.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing that might possibly speed your order up would be changing to a 4-door softtop.

FrankyHotdogs

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Order the vehicle you want. There is no obvious rhyme or reason to who gets picked. Some peoples builds get picked up right away, some have been sitting for two years.

In my opinion, don’t settle. I ordered hard top, tow, advanced 4x4, 2.7 and my build date is 14 months from my reservation. In that time I received one email from Ford confirming my order and about 500 emails about the Off-Rodeo. Ford still hasn’t sent me an email about my 8/15 build date, but I was able to confirm I am scheduled with a customer service rep.

I work at a dealership and my sales manager couldn’t give me any “insider info” on how to get my order processed quicker. It’d be a shame to drop what you want and still end up waiting regardless. :rolleyes:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a 2D BL 2.7L, Lux, tow, in 10/21. I have basically heard nothing from Ford since I ordered, and I am now wanting to speed up the order. I heard tow & lux were constrained, so I dropped both and went to mid package. I also dropped 2.7L to 2.3L just because I guess I will take the slight improvement in gas mileage and figuring more people are ordering 2.7L so it might be more constrained. Do you guys think it helps dropping mid package back to std? If it was only 2-3 additional months for lux package, I would hang in there, but just concerned about getting lapped by new orders for another year. I know some of you guys follow this, but what do you think? Is there an updated constraints thread in the forums?
I ordered a High pkg leather 4-dr Non-Sas OBX 2.7 ECO MIC rear-locker-auto TX, Feb 2021, and picked it up Oct 2021. I was very Lucky, and at a large dealer. There's lots of great advice from your respondents here. 2 dr seems to be the rarest, of the cars I see on the road here, they're all 4dr, mostly soft tops. But some of us got MIC tops. If you really want a certain car, enjoy the wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the response guys. I am going to remove the options I want for the next 2 months or whatever until the 2023 order banks open up. If I have not heard of anything from Ford then, I am going to throw the lux, and 2.7L back in.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered exactly what I want and will continue to wait for my build. I have other vehicles so I'm not in a situation of need. Everyone has a different situation but if it's needed then 4 door soft top 2.3 non sas is your best bet.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered exactly what I want and will continue to wait for my build. I have other vehicles so I'm not in a situation of need. Everyone has a different situation but if it's needed then 4 door soft top 2.3 non sas is your best bet.
Yes - Part of the reason I am reducing options is to justify buying another car. I am starting to think that between gas mileage, the time for this to show up, no bikini top, and a soft top that I do not care for on the 2d(4d soft top is great), that I might get a different car(hybrid) for a daily driver so I can leave this in the garage with top/doors completely off in the summer(to drive it on clear days or when on vacation), and then drive it in the winter when the mic is on.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you wanted a specific build, IMO you won't be happy with "missing features".

If you hadn't wanted the features you'd be removing, you wouldn't have ordered them in the first place, right?

If you've already been waiting, just keep waiting would be my suggestion.

Redgar48

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just totalled my f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know if I dropped a bunch of options, I wouldn't be happy with it...and it's for my wife!! So we stuck with 4dr Wildtrak, MIC, Lux, Tow and everything else I could throw at it!! Ordered Dec 14 2021, 2 weeks ago got VIN and 8/15 build week!! Hope it sticks!!
Order what you want!!
Sponsored