First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.7 100% worth it. Don’t skimp. Build the Bronco you want.
Sponsored

SunshineBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adding in advance 4x4 would change the order time stamp so I decided against it. Don’t really need it and didn’t want to risk taking longer.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This was the case back in 2020 when the first build and price came out before anyone could buy a bronco. They had to correct the build and price because it wasn't adding the cost of the automatic transmission when you added the 2.7. It has been like this for almost 2years now. If you search old posts you will find it. The 2.7 upgrade has always been $1895 + $1595 for the auto except for the vehicles that come standard with the auto like the base four door.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went back in and re-added 2.7! Feels right.
so you have a base now with auto and 2.7.....do dropping SAS only saved you 2500 bucks?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogue X

Rogue X

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so you have a base now with auto and 2.7.....do dropping SAS only saved you 2500 bucks?
Badlands with 2.7 - dropped SAS and hardtop. Yes; dropping SAS only saves about $2500 if you keep the automatic transmission

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badlands with 2.7 - dropped SAS and hardtop. Yes; dropping SAS only saves about $2500 if you keep the automatic transmission
Thanks for this post. I almost did the same thing. I'm either going to leave my order alone or drop auto and 2.7.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's some f'd up news, according to Long McArthur's YouTube show, when order banks open up - up to 20% WildTrak orders, 55% Sasquatch, and 59% hard top orders will be allocated to them at that time.

So... what does that tell you?

@Ford Motor Company, care to comment?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome to your new Bronco Ben Dover.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are still waiting for your Bronco, buyer be aware. When you remove SAS, you are charged $1,595 for the 10 speed automatic transmission upgrade with the 2.7.

My original Bronco order was a Cyber Orange Badlands with SAS, hardtop, 2.7 and high package. As the years have progressed, I have seen price increases, had to accept the loss of my preferred color, the removal of the modular bumper, the change to a private offer, removing tow package as a constraint, and most recently the notification regarding the constraints of two additional significant components.

After a bit of gripping, I decided to remove the constraints and the advantage of the $2500 incentive. I can always add a custom SAS package and I like the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hardtop instead of dealing with the factory hardtop issues. So, it’s not all that bad. Between the incentive, private offer, and savings up front, the additional out of pocket wouldn’t be too bad.

However I was in for a surprise.

As someone who likes all the info, I went in to talk to my sales rep to ask a few questions and make the switch in person. All was going well until the new price sheet came out. On all of my previous price sheets the automatic transmission was listed as “included” or $0 when added on with the 2.7. Today is was listed as $1,595. So the upgrade to the V6 is $3,490 instead of $1,895. (Fords web site also does this if you do a build on there.). (EDIT NOTE: This is because the transmission price was built into SAS pricing. Thank you fellow 6g members.)

Needless to say I was less than thrilled. The sales rep and manager claim this is the first time they saw this. I want to believe them, but also know the car sales industry is not always the most honest. Is this now the way it is? If so, it feels like a big F you from Ford.

So, now I have a decision to make. Spend an additional $1,595 to keep my motor of choice, significantly eating into the incentive money, or drop to the 2.3 w/ manual transmission.

I understand the pros and cons of the motors themselves. I am not unhappy about the manual transmission as I would love to pair it with the 2.7. What I am not pleased with is having to make another, and unexpected, compromise to my dream vehicle.

Now it’s to you. Bronco brothers and sisters, what are your thoughts?
Your narrative is reminiscent of fall 2020 and early 2021, when there was lots of price confusion with some features included in other packages, priced differently when the package was removed. The same is true with features accross several models. Ford made a few pricing mistakes which they fixed, but its complicated and confusing. I've enjoyed the car I bought, and have added upgrades along the way. Seeing new models on the lot, and the prices being charged, I'm content.
Sponsored