First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are still waiting for your Bronco, buyer be aware. When you remove SAS, you are charged $1,595 for the 10 speed automatic transmission upgrade with the 2.7.

My original Bronco order was a Cyber Orange Badlands with SAS, hardtop, 2.7 and high package. As the years have progressed, I have seen price increases, had to accept the loss of my preferred color, the removal of the modular bumper, the change to a private offer, removing tow package as a constraint, and most recently the notification regarding the constraints of two additional significant components.

After a bit of gripping, I decided to remove the constraints and the advantage of the $2500 incentive. I can always add a custom SAS package and I like the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hardtop instead of dealing with the factory hardtop issues. So, it’s not all that bad. Between the incentive, private offer, and savings up front, the additional out of pocket wouldn’t be too bad.

However I was in for a surprise.

As someone who likes all the info, I went in to talk to my sales rep to ask a few questions and make the switch in person. All was going well until the new price sheet came out. On all of my previous price sheets the automatic transmission was listed as “included” or $0 when added on with the 2.7. Today is was listed as $1,595. So the upgrade to the V6 is $3,490 instead of $1,895. (Fords web site also does this if you do a build on there.). (EDIT NOTE: This is because the transmission price was built into SAS pricing. Thank you fellow 6g members.)

Needless to say I was less than thrilled. The sales rep and manager claim this is the first time they saw this. I want to believe them, but also know the car sales industry is not always the most honest. Is this now the way it is? If so, it feels like a big F you from Ford.

So, now I have a decision to make. Spend an additional $1,595 to keep my motor of choice, significantly eating into the incentive money, or drop to the 2.3 w/ manual transmission.

I understand the pros and cons of the motors themselves. I am not unhappy about the manual transmission as I would love to pair it with the 2.7. What I am not pleased with is having to make another, and unexpected, compromise to my dream vehicle.

Now it’s to you. Bronco brothers and sisters, what are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe the cost of the auto was buried in the price of the Sas before?

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Sasquatch package is $2500. The Auto is the $1595. When you select SAS it adds the two to the $4000. The folks taking it in the shorts is the MT with SAS because they do have to pay the $1595 for nothing.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are not charging you extra. They are playing tricks with the pricing so they can charging manual transmission Sasquatch buyers extra.

And I was bitter about it.

In hindsight... it forced me to drop Sasquatch and as a result I probably got to skip this whole mess. But at the time I was very bitter. Salt flowing from my fingertips.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with what others have said. I ordered the automatic with 2.7 on my non-Squatched Black Diamond and there was a charge for the automatic.

OP
OP
Rogue X

Rogue X

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasquatch package is $2500. The Auto is the $1895. When you select SAS it adds the two to the $4000. The folks taking it in the shorts is the MT with SAS because they do have to pay the $1895 for nothing.
Got it. Thank you. Would have been nice if they had spelled it out better.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel like it has been like this for a while now on any trim that wasn't standard auto transmission.

SunshineBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Drop SAS and Unexpected Cost to keep 2.7 4E6DC1FC-0E94-4956-B1FD-F6EEB7078060
Now I feel like all of my signed Dora’s are wrong because I’m not charged for the auto transmission in any of them.(black diamond 2.7 non sas)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogue X

Rogue X

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Drop SAS and Unexpected Cost to keep 2.7 4E6DC1FC-0E94-4956-B1FD-F6EEB7078060
Now I feel like all of my signed Dora’s are wrong because I’m not charged for the auto transmission in any of them.(black diamond 2.7 non sas)
This is my first one without SAS, so I'm learning.

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once you include the Mid package, the $1,495 cost of the Auto gets baked into the price of the E5B0 Bronco ($42,535 is $1,595 greater than the price of the "base" BD of $40,940). More games from Ford on the B&P...

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am missing 2 points of consideration, in a situation like this;

1. Dont compromise on your desired vehicle and specs. Define what you want and if it cant be delivered, walk

2. What is the economic analysis of your alternative vehicle. What is the difference, reconciled to quality, components, abilities etc.

Stop accepting every manipulation that is thrown at us! There are other targets too, some are not as exciting but better in other aspects. Shop for alternatives, it will help you see the light!

OP
OP
Rogue X

Rogue X

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am missing 2 points of consideration, in a situation like this;

1. Dont compromise on your desired vehicle and specs. Define what you want and if it cant be delivered, walk

2. What is the economic analysis of your alternative vehicle. What is the difference, reconciled to quality, components, abilities etc.

Stop accepting every manipulation that is thrown at us! There are other targets too, some are not as exciting but better in other aspects. Shop for alternatives, it will help you see the light!
Sage advice. If nothing else it will help with perspective.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are planning on getting this without the advanced 4x4???

Ford Bronco Drop SAS and Unexpected Cost to keep 2.7 Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 23-04-18 Status UPDATED NEW.pdf - Granger Motors

I wanted the Advanced 4x4, so I went about it this way.

$45,101 is before price protection (~$3000) and MY 23 transition credit of ($2500)

$39,601 before the fees above, state taxes, and tags.
Sponsored