First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1: As a fan of classic cars, I love the retro look.

2: I live in the South and have no garage. So when I want to take off on a Saturday, I don't want to have to set my alarm before sunrise just to take off a black top.

3: Black fades. I had a 2001 F150 with the huge, black bumper and it was faded after 5 years or so. It looked so dingy and it was alot of work to keep shiny. A white top won't fade as quickly and will, hopefully, look crisp with less care.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White accent color helps differentiate from Jeep. My plan is white roof, white grill, white roll cage, white trail sights and white mirror covers, white rims. Either Area 51 or Velocity blue body.

Trust me its going to break necks

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK dreamers. You got your wish. You got a white top with... white door handles, white grille, white hood loops, and as a bonus, white bars under the roof. Enjoy it White Roof nation!

Ford Bronco White top. Why? Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.24.06 PM

boner alert

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To me it is not "Eddie Bauer" but retro. It would be cool if the grill and handles were also white. Not to hot on the white bumper and crome rims though!

Ford Bronco White top. Why? 1598559973595

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand the classic look, it’s awesome. Maybe in a few years buy an aftermarket one to add when their are more Broncos around. As of now I’m going with the modular myself...

but some of the renditions with white top....I never even want someone to mistake this newBronco for an FJ Cruiser ? because thats what is more recent recognition with white top.

Sponsored

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
The white top absolutely rocks. I have a JK with a white top. If I buy a Bronco it will have a white top. Whether Ford blesses the idea or not.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also think there is a prevalence in modern automotive design to use black trim as somehow being an "upgrade" (Ranger: Black trim appearance package comes to mind from Ford). That seems to be the "on-road" vehicle special code for unlocking your wallet to pay more for less.

Having a white roof option for the Bronco would also be iconic on today's roadways and gather attention to the vehicle as it is fairly uncommon. Even the white roof on FJ's and Mini's is just the topmost pannel above the rain rail. I'd pay extra for a proper stainless steel roof option then mirror polish it just to blind others!

Personally, I would not pay more for a "black trim" special on modern cars, OR a black roof. But I do have a little thing for chrome and polished stainless steel. I'm talking REAL chrome and REAL stainless... Where you can restore it and make it almost glow. Be kind, this stainless is somewhere between 68 and 70 years old, or about 4 times older than a modern car will exist....

Ford Bronco White top. Why? chrome polishin

Gravel Guard: Before
Ford Bronco White top. Why? gravel guard before

gravel guard: after
Ford Bronco White top. Why? Gravel guard after

Last edited: