Sponsored

Who has the worst car being replaced by a Bronco?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My only mode of transportation is a Land Rover LR3 with 240,000 miles - Electronic for sifting High/low does not work, terrain select broken, infotainment center/Radio not working, Heat,AC not working, Front Driver and Rear Passenger windows do not go down, struts for rear hatch blown. I think the thermostat just got stuck. Running bards are being pulled off in the morning(the drive side is about 4 inches from the ground an flopping in the wind) I did replace the blown suspension airbags with coil overs, the starter, alternator, water pump and radiator. Carvana offered me $200 for it. At the moment it is a contest to see witch one of us will kill the other one first. Just not sure it will outlast my wait for a Bronco to be delivered but there is a backup plan it not.

On the bright side It will still get me through a farm field without a problem and went through a 8 point buck with slowing and very little damage.
Winnerđź‘Ť
Sponsored

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read stories on B6G about people getting stuck without a vehicle, driving vehicles beyond their useful life or other issues while waiting months / years for their Bronco to arrive. For example, my Bronco will be my primary daily driver. I gave my TJ to my daughter when I reserved my Bronco and now split time between my F250 and VW Beetle TDI driving 50 miles each way to work with the Beetle getting the most use. The F250 is big with a big turbo and injectors and gets ~9mpg if I drive easy. My 1999 Beetle has 277k miles, no air conditioning (live in FL), the CEL and ABS light are always on, it needs struts and shocks and CV shafts, the dash and door panels sound like they are going to fall off whenever I hit a bump, the radio works intermittently, the windows need a helping hand most days to get back up, it’s been hit on the passenger side and the paint where it wasn’t hit doesn’t look any better. Oh, and the transmission slips when she’s cold in the morning. My original plan last year was to sell the VW for weight and get a new Rubicon but decided to instead get a Bronco because, Bronco. I don’t regret my decision even a little and I think my POS VW experience will make my first drive in the Bronco that much sweeter. I hate a car payment but at least we've been able to squirrel away extra money for a down payment. Who else is replacing a POS with a new Bronco?
2000 Camry that my wife drove before her new car. Once I found out about the Bronco it didn’t make sense to get a new car. Btw I’m 6’7” and drive 30 miles to work through LA traffic.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I can hang with dbweb. When we get our Bronco we will probably start to take apart our 93 V8 Jeep ZJ. Its got about 250,000 on it, maybe more. It was blue then it was black primer, now its both 45/45 and 10%(rust). The bumpers and headlights and grill are held on by carriage bolts and zip ties. There is no headliner(which is nice so we can keep an eye on rust holes). It has no spare but nice cheap 235/75/15 oldschool $85 walmart goodyear wrangler tires. The a/c doesnt work but the defrost does. passenger window doesnt work and drivers rear needs to be pushed up. The rear hatch does open if you push it juuuuusssstt right. The radio work in town if you bend the floppy antenna upward. And finally if you touch any door while it is locked then it will not start until you have unhooked the battery and unlocked the drivers door.
Its our back up vehicle and family and friend loaner when they fly out here. However my wife daily drove it for work for some years until we got our 96 Bronco.

The good about it is that its a first year ZJ, it has a nice 5.2 Magnum V8 with plenty of get up. It zings right up to 70 and cruises. Also we paid $1200 for it almost 6 years ago. And have spent less than that on it in that time including tires, 2 ignition coils, oil changes, and 2 fuel pumps. When we retire it I have thought about swapping the V8 and non computer controlled 4 speed OD and full time HI/LO Tcase into our 1980 AMC Eagle. Probably with a top end kit to get 350HP or so. The only question is if I will swap the straight front in for the IFS that is one part 70s muscle car and one part jeep liberty?

Anyway its a hell of one Maui Cruzer.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2 I'm getting rid of...
  1. 2008 Nissan Sentra - 165k, CVT was going. Traded it in for $500 when I placed the order.
  2. 2011 Cadillac CTS - 161k, inspection due May. Couldn't pass inspection. Sold it on VROOM for $3000+ instead of dumping any more money in it.
Luckily my daughter got an internship where I work so I have her to chauffeur me around until the Bronco shows up in July. Yes, I received a VIN. Scheduled for June 7th, pushed back to June 21st.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve read stories on B6G about people getting stuck without a vehicle, driving vehicles beyond their useful life or other issues while waiting months / years for their Bronco to arrive. For example, my Bronco will be my primary daily driver. I gave my TJ to my daughter when I reserved my Bronco and now split time between my F250 and VW Beetle TDI driving 50 miles each way to work with the Beetle getting the most use. The F250 is big with a big turbo and injectors and gets ~9mpg if I drive easy. My 1999 Beetle has 277k miles, no air conditioning (live in FL), the CEL and ABS light are always on, it needs struts and shocks and CV shafts, the dash and door panels sound like they are going to fall off whenever I hit a bump, the radio works intermittently, the windows need a helping hand most days to get back up, it’s been hit on the passenger side and the paint where it wasn’t hit doesn’t look any better. Oh, and the transmission slips when she’s cold in the morning. My original plan last year was to sell the VW for weight and get a new Rubicon but decided to instead get a Bronco because, Bronco. I don’t regret my decision even a little and I think my POS VW experience will make my first drive in the Bronco that much sweeter. I hate a car payment but at least we've been able to squirrel away extra money for a down payment. Who else is replacing a POS with a new Bronco?
you might not want to post that you drive a Beetle sense at the time or still might be the car most chicks drive

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2002 single cab f-150 sport.. bare bones. Doesn’t even have steering wheel tilt. Had it for 16 years. 225k miles, totaled as it sits but still drives. Hydroplaned back in 2010 and smashed into a guard rail. Cut the airbags out and glued the dash and steering wheel back, replaced the seatbelts with older ones so they would work, pulled the fenders out, and replaced the headlights and grille. Have to add oil every other week. Massive dents all over and extremely faded paint. Had to replaced the alternator a couple months ago, and driveshaft broke on me at the rear u joint two weeks ago while driving down the road. Luckily it didn’t do any significant damage except for it bent the drive shaft. Replaced that sucker and drives like new.. sort of ha

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Marvel at my 2006 shitbox xB!

Bask in the glory of the 103 hp motor with an astounding 101 lb-ft of torque.

230,000 miles on the odomoter; can you believe this impressive specimen would only be worth $1500?

Obviously by my taste in exotic cars (it is from Japan) I don't take a piss for less than $10,000.

ETA: this will remain my daily beater.

Ford Bronco Who has the worst car being replaced by a Bronco? 20210313_161728

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2009 Honda Fit with 137k miles. The rear hatch gave up the ghost a couple years ago. It needs new brakes and a new starter. The previous owner put in a third party moon roof and leather seats. The moon roof no longer seats properly when closed and the driver's side armrest is falling apart. The door armrest is also coming apart

Reactions: JDS

Mark67

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2007 4dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X. It is in the shop and I am now currently having to put 4 new tires on it and replace the front track adjuster bar (old one rusted solid) to stop the Death wobble so it is safe to drive. AC Just went out. Radio has shit the bed (Bungied a bluetooth speaker on dash so I have music). My drivers seat adjusting levers don't work (lucky that the seat is at least stuck in a position my big ass can still fit). Rear defrost is broke. Windshield has enough of a spider web looking crack that a spider would be envious. I hope I can hold off on the window replacement but crap, it may be another year until I can get the Bronco I ordered.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have to know, how many times have you won "Dashboard Bingo"?
That is the series 2 that is so infamous for the MIL whack-a-mole. Series 1 is a far more basic and solid vehicle.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any VW product man... my sister bought a late model used Tiguan about two years ago and it’s already had multiple $800 repair bills. Just insanity. I bought my Jeep around the same time and even if I had a shop do the repairs I’ve done myself it would only be $500 or so total.

Oh come on now, VW aren't that bad, I've had plenty over the years, and my current GTI has had nothing but oil changes and a $7400 engine swap, what's the big deal?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually just watched a Car Wizard video about the disco, he said they are actually pretty decent as long as they’re maintained. Other than the head gaskets of course, he said that’s something you’re guaranteed to need but other than that they can go a lot of miles.
Yeah good luck convincing anyone that is the case. All of the armchair experts with zero real world experience in a Land Rover will tell you it is the worst vehicle ever built. But hey I will take my prize anyway.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah good luck convincing anyone that is the case. All of the armchair experts with zero real world experience in a Land Rover will tell you it is the worst vehicle ever built. But hey I will take my prize anyway.
Every brand has their up’s and downs. He actually has a video on the range rovers to buy and not to buy it’s pretty interesting. (Also for a lot of other brands too.)

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2002 pathfinder, 300k. Stereo broken, engine light, no ac .
1997 Infiniti QX4. 550,000 miles. No AC. Radio has no lights or volume control. Runs like crap, but runs. RV roof sealer on the sunroof so it won't leak. Speedo and Tach rarely work, when they do, they are wrong. Might as well be straight piped cuz the muffler is so rusted out. Driver side running board rusted off last year. Deer blood stains on the side where I have strapped them to the roof during hunting season.
Hand me down from the business 15 years ago when my mom got a newer one. I also drive a great '04 F350 dually but i am tired of trying to park it. It is a tank.

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I thought the Bronco would come sooner so I sold my truck while I was working from home. Its gone up a few thousand in value due to the market, so that's a loss.

Now there's talk about being required to go back into the office, so a burgundy 2002 CRV with 200k+ miles on it has recently caught my eye. Might be purchased if I don't hear good news from Ford in May.
dude, same boat. But I sold my 2008 Saab 9-3 back in Sept, believing (misguidedly) Ford would deliver the Bronco in April like advertised. Figured I'm WFH, so it's just sitting out there depreciating. Might as well get the cash and invest that money. Yeah, well, now according to KBB, it's worth double what I sold it for. 🤬

Oh well.

But now with things opening back up and getting back to normal again, my wife is getting pretty tired of this 4 person, 1 car family thing. However, my neighbor has an old... no idea what year, maybe 09?, Equinox. Said if I wanted it, I could have it. Just needs a new battery, inspection, etc... Might take him up on that offer...
Sponsored