Sponsored

Who is Paying These Used Bronco Prices??????

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No clue why anyone would want to pay it, but damn if everyone stops getting their Broncos after their wait, and immediately flipping them to the local dealers as trade ins, that would be awesome, maybe the market will level out.
You have it wrong. If people continue flipping their Broncos, then the price *will* level out. Because everyone willing to pay a crazy markup will be satisfied, and prices will come back to reality.

Otherwise, It will only stop when the demand for Bronco goes down. Or when the production gets straightened out. neither of which will happen any time soon.
Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah, I'm not seeing anything like what folks are getting from Carvana. Maybe they are entering higher trim or other options by mistake.
I'm getting quoted $56k from Carvana on a base Bronco I paid $38k for. Must be a regional thing.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
True. And

It's your region / market. I've seen a $3K difference on a Mustang sell offer from Carvana (Same trim, year and mileage) based on a Northern VA zip code vs another zip code in the same state.

Here is the Black Book on a '22 2dr BB w/ mid package and 2K miles

black book trade in VA.JPG

Note the Finance Advance.....that's what banks will lend on this car. $60K look at the MSRP above that.

Black book is based on dealer auctions and prices paid.
Maybe it is regional. But there are quite a few people not seeing these inflated offers, from many different states.
Carvana ships cars nationwide, so why would they offer 20k over msrp in MA, but only 5k in CA, AL, NY etc?

Maybe they have a sucker already lined up to buy the op's rig. What's the black book on that build: 2021 2DR base bronco

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting quoted $56k from Carvana on a base Bronco I paid $38k for. Must be a regional thing.
I checked again, and the offer has gone up since last time. $52,000 for a $39k basesquatch

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had originally reserved then changed from a local Ford dealer ownership group to Granger after the local guy would not commit to MSRP. Now my son ends up working for the asshat. This guy is gouging everyone on all new 3/4 & 1 ton trucks plus any Bronco they might get. Boy is currently trying to sell a used black diamond 4 door for about $10k more than it's worth. He got a little mad at me when I replied to his facebook post with a bunch of laughing emoji's. He knows they are bending people over but people keep paying like fools and it's money in his pocket. I always say it's got to stop at some point. I think now that there exists a larger class of people with so much money than any of us think that paying mark-ups doesn't matter so it will be a while before things go back to "normal".

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco values can be highly variable from week to week. 3 weeks ago I was being offered $65,000 ($54k msrp) but last week every offer was in the low 70's.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do think these dealers and owners holding onto First Editions and expecting $95k might want to sell soon. It's about to become the 3rd or 4th most desirable Bronco and is about to be 2 model years old.

piazzmic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sasquatch Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brentutk, are you getting these offers mostly from local used dealers or any of the nationals (carmax, carvana)?

the premiums are fascinating. I just put my 2.7L Sasquatch badlands with lux and hardtop into carvana here in Florida. They said they would get back to me in two to three days. I would be shocked if they came back high enough for me to sell it but I guess crazier stuff has happened.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brentutk, are you getting these offers mostly from local used dealers or any of the nationals (carmax, carvana)?

the premiums are fascinating. I just put my 2.7L Sasquatch badlands with lux and hardtop into carvana here in Florida. They said they would get back to me in two to three days. I would be shocked if they came back high enough for me to sell it but I guess crazier stuff has happened.
So for context, I'm in Nashville, and had a green 4 door wildtrak with high package, cloth, and soft top.

Carvana offered $70k (they made me text them some details before making the actual offer, it wasn't automatic.

Driveo offered $71,200.

Vroom offered $62k.

Cargurus offered $68k.

Carmax wanted me to come in before pricing.

Driveo wanted me to call before pricing.

KBB couldn't find my VIN in their search tool. I think they don't currently include 2022 models in their purchasing program.

I ended up using the highest bids and got $72k from a respected, used car lot in Nashville. I only sold because my ordered build is arriving in the next few weeks.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I'm relatively new in the off-roader arena. In non-pandemic times, how have used Jeep and 4-Runner prices held up over time? It appears they at least hold their value from what I have seen so far, but I'm sure there are some experienced folks who could chime in. Just wondering what our long-term expectations are for the the Bronco's value.

I am personally wondering if all of a sudden the market is going to be flooded with Broncos in 2024 and these folks paying 15K+ are going to feel that when they go to sell their trucks.
They will hold decent value, especially the higher trim models, but those who paid over MSRP will def be hurting value wise if they decide to sell in the future. These cars will not hold that kind of value. I would have to assume they made their purchase with this knowledge in mind.

OP
OP
fzracer484

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
resubmitted last night and offer has jumped up to 47.2k as of last night. The offer is good till next weekend, so I'll just keep checking daily until I hit the accept offer button!

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am completely torn over here, for the fun of it two weeks ago I put my 2021 2DR base bronco through Carvana pricing to see what they gave for an offer. I was shocked to see $40,600 on my $29,995 build. Well last night I entered it again and the offer is now up to $46,000 for a base bronco with manual trans. I'm highly contemplating just selling and re-ordering through my dealer again at MSRP which would now be $32,995 for the same truck and about another year or so wait after the August ordering resumes again. Who in their right mind is paying these prices that Carvana is willing to pay me $46k??????
if you're serious about selling, try driveway.com. they were great in selling my JLUR to them a few months ago!

PNWbronco337

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been offered $85k for mine on several occasions. Its the "I have one and you don't" guys that want them and will pay those prices

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a 2-door JK Jeep for $25,000, and then sold it six months later for $40,000. I did the "right" thing (stupid thing) and paid the required income taxes on it ... because that $15,000 difference is considered ordinary income. So I still came away with like 12-13,000, and ordered a base 2-door the way I wanted it.

Trouble is... I'm still waiting for my 2-door eight months after ordering it, and driving around in my 96 Toyota Tacoma until the Bronco comes in.

That $12,000 to $13,000 profit isn't feeling that great anymore. I'm tired of driving around an old truck.
Sponsored