First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is our fourth ('67, '79, and '69) and orders of magnitude better than any of them. It's everything and WAY more than I ever wanted for my EB's. Who would have even dreamed of trail turn assist in '84 (when I bought our '67)?

The only thing I'd change is trading the V6 for a V8, you just can't get a modern one to sound good.
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My step-father bought my 1975 new. I remember walking around in it as a kid, and driving it on the farm at 8. So I've been a Bronco guy since 1975 and still cruising. It is a fairly original survivor with 210k miles on it. Oh, and my '22 2 door was a joy to drive, until it got hit. We'll see how the repairs go.

Ford Bronco Who “really” is  Bronco fan? Old Bronco_1.JPG

Ford Bronco Who “really” is  Bronco fan? IMG-4471

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a 1996 Bronco and a 1988 Bronco II. I had my 96 for 11 years and then she passed from electrical wiring issues. We had the Bronco II in Colorado Springs and it was fun, but neither match my 2022 on get up and go and stability. I can't wait to try my Big Bend out in the snow!

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Who “really” is  Bronco fan? posing1

Something was wrong with your '93 Bronco. That's my son's '95. I went through pretty much every nut and bolt. We left the original paint (ZERO rust). 302 / E4OD with 35s and 3.55s (switching to 4.56 soon) and it gets 13-14mpg as his daily which is 50/50 city and highway.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're new here, what are you talking about?
Just joined a few months ago but I have been reading all of the whining since last summer.

Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had to really think about how many Broncos I have owned.

1990 Full size Bronco 302 - Mostly Stock Drove for years, sold it to by a truck
1992 Full size Bronco 351 - 6" lift, 38" tires, solid front axle swapped - Wheeled and drove for years. Sold it to build the 69 Bronco
1969 Bronco - Bought as a basket case, rebuilt it into a decent crawler with 302, NP435, 37" tires. lockers etc - Sold it to buy a house
1969 Bronco - Bought a clean body and interior with no motor, trans, tcase. Replaced those and drove it for a couple of years - Sold it to buy a house
1973 Bronco - Was my wife's stepdads Bronco since 1980, I bought about 11 years ago, rebuilt it top to bottom. Was going to keep it forever but gave it back to my wife when we divorced. It was her childhood family car, seemed right to do
2021 First Edition Bronco - Bought a FE on an expensive whim, But I am loving it
1970 Bronco - Bought a project Bronco just recently. 302, Np435, Fullwidth axles, ARB's, will be on 38"s with hydro assist steering and a complete frame off restomod that will look great and wheel all the hard trails I don't want to take the First Edition on.

MallSquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2022
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 2022 is our third Bronco. Still keeping the 74'.🙂
Ford Bronco Who “really” is  Bronco fan? 2022-06-09 03.43.26

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ours are my third and fourth Bronco the wife’s 1st. I had a ‘92 Eddie bower shortly after we met ran that all over the place broke a front axle one year on a snowmobile trip. Fun taking that apart in the cold and driving home in 2wd. I had a late 80’s blue over grey after that one that we had for a short bit. Then a 12 year gap until these new ones. We have each already had ours off road. And plan to do much more.
While I do agree about the number of doors. Having teenage kids that don’t drive yet make the 4 doors a much more pleasant experience.
I guess I would have a problem giving kids their own doors when the kids don't wash cars or mow lawns anymore.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had my 68 since I was sixteen. Bought in 1986 (Yellow) and currently building a 69 (boxwood green). I’ve had 66, 68, 69, 73 & 77

Attachments

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a vehicle enthusiast and Bronco fan from the 70's. My very first 2 vehicles were Broncos. Started and learned how to drive and 4 wheel on my 1971 Bronco with a 170 six, 3 speed on the tree. I 4 wheeled everywhere with my cousin who had a Toyota Land Cruiser and my best friend who had a Chevy Blazer. Went on some of the toughest trails, in between trees, over boulders, through rivers, up the biggest hill climbs in western Massachusetts. The 170 six was not enough for the hill climbs and road driving so I traded it for my second vehicle- a 70 Ford Bronco with a modified 302, 3 speed. I left everyone in the dust on and off road with that Bronco. I drove it assisting people in the Blizzard of 78. Never once did I get stuck. I blew a front U joint even. I frustrated my best friend with the Blazer. He had 33" mud terrains and I had 32" Tru-Tracs and he got stuck so much more than I did. I also had 2 of the mid Gen Broncos in the 90's.

I tired desperately to restore a 66 Bronco a few years ago. It was a disaster and I lost 40K. I never worked so hard on something to fail. A body shop ripped me off. But that's another story.

So I love Broncos from the very beginning! I have a Basesquatch now- waited almost 2 years for it. I was a second day early AM reservation. I love it- it reminds me so much of the Gen 1 Broncos when I am driving it. But unfortunately I can't drive it much these days- gas is too expensive and my work commute is 80 miles a day. If gas was what it is now when I reserved it I would have not reserved it. But I had to have it when I saw it. I am proud of it and love it. It's in my garage and I drive it only on weekends. I don't know if I will be able to keep it in retirement- I am retiring next year but will enjoy it while I have it for now.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I would have a problem giving kids their own doors when the kids don't wash cars or mow lawns anymore.
Lol ours mow do their own laundry, and various chores wash the cars isn it an option. I’m lucky about that. It just wasn’t worth the hassle of moving a seat every day multiple times. Maybe in a few years I’ll be able to grab a two door. Honestly the wife wanted a two door but we found a four door and bought it instead of waiting.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol ours mow do their own laundry, and various chores wash the cars isn it an option. I’m lucky about that. It just wasn’t worth the hassle of moving a seat every day multiple times. Maybe in a few years I’ll be able to grab a two door. Honestly the wife wanted a two door but we found a four door and bought it instead of waiting.
You kids sound like keepers,and you should write a how to book .
Sponsored