Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Tired of having to get a package to get an option.

Example: No, I don't want a heated steering wheel if I just wanted ass warmers and speaking of ass, didn't ask for Auto Stop Start, nor any of the zillions of mandated features.

Be nice if Ford went Retro and said, "Ya know what, while packages make your life easier, you don't have to get 10 additional items when you simply want X, and we'll have to charge you for removing Government mandated features, but since you asked for it, we're going to do it"

Threads basically dried up without new Bronco news, so why not start this thread and see what happens?
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would love the option to pick and choose, but, I don't see how the logistics of that would work for the scale that they will be producing these vehicles.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I was just messing around and built a 2dr JL Rubicon, let's examine the packages and cross out what I wouldn't automatically get:

8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group
$1,695
  • 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hot Spot
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control
  • 8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
  • Alpine® Premium Audio System
  • Emergency / Assistance Call
  • GPS Navigation
  • HD™ Radio
  • Rear View Auto-Dimming Mirror
  • SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1-Yr Trial
  • SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Traffic™ Service
  • SiriusXM® Travel Link
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link Service
  • Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display.
Cold Weather Group
$695
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
LED Lighting Group
$1,045
  • Daytime Running Lamp LED Accents
  • Front LED Fog Lamps
  • LED Reflector Headlamps
  • LED Tail Lamps
Maybe comparing it to a Rubi isn't the best idea, could compare it to a similar ford, but...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Who wouldn't? I don't think the totally indifferent or indecisive people would bother to be here, or step up to say so.
Exactly

Who else wants to provide examples, or give me a car to demonstrate besides our rival?

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
One last point is I wanna mix and match options

Ex: I built a Premium '20 GT Convertible online for another example, Grabber Lime Green, but when I go to select the seats, it's saying I have to choose another color if I want Red Seats >.>

The fuck is that shit? I'm sure in the real world, I can have it customed ordered that way, but why on the configurator can't I do it my way, like Micky D's says?

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One last point is I wanna mix and match options

Ex: I built a Premium '20 GT Convertible online for another example, Grabber Lime Green, but when I go to select the seats, it's saying I have to choose another color if I want Red Seats >.>

The fuck is that shit? I'm sure in the real world, I can have it customed ordered that way, but why on the configurator can't I do it my way, like Micky D's says?
Or my biggest hair pulling moment.... when I want vinyl floors and seats on a f150 with an fx4 package above xlt.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or my biggest hair pulling moment.... when I want vinyl floors and seats on a f150 with an fx4 package above xlt.
yeah, it seems you can never get the right work hard play hard package. all the stuff for the truck to function better/stronger/faster, but you have to also pay for all the cushy shit that'll make it a pain to clean, and is expensive to fix.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've built a Sport, Sport S and Rubi here and realized the one I truly want is the blank slate to pick and choose what parts I really want

I want roll up windows, but I also like the 8.4 Navi, and LED lighting, plus 4.10 as I wasn't crazy about the 3.45 when I drove a manual Sahara, and of course, colored hard top (but why settle for body color, wanna do white like the Chief edition)

Diffs I'll decide later, but again, why not the blank canvas?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't want to be guilty of 'irrational exuberance', but Hackett has introduced the concept of "reductive design" to eliminate unwanted fluff. One analogy I saw was to the airline industry - where base tickets are cheap, but you pay extra for luggage, meals, etc. It's really just unbundeling.

Bronco would be an excellent opportunity to introduce a disrupting sales tactic.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't want to be guilty of 'irrational exuberance', but Hackett has introduced the concept of "reductive design" to eliminate unwanted fluff. One analogy I saw was to the airline industry - where base tickets are cheap, but you pay extra for luggage, meals, etc. It's really just unbundeling.

Bronco would be an excellent opportunity to introduce a disrupting sales tactic.
It could be one explanation for the expected higher base cost for Bronco compared to Wrangler. Every unit sold, regardless of trim, would need to be built with certain common components or capability to accept them, like the wiring harness or ROPS mounting points, so people could add on whatever they liked.

Whereas now the lower trims don't always contain modules or connectors in the wiring harness for certain components only available on higher trims. End result is it costs more on average, in design, materials, and labor.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It could be one explanation for the expected higher base cost for Bronco compared to Wrangler. Every unit sold, regardless of trim, would need to be built with certain common components or capability to accept them, like the wiring harness or ROPS mounting points, so people could add on whatever they liked.

Whereas now the lower trims don't always contain modules or connectors in the wiring harness for certain components only available on higher trims. End result is it costs more on average, in design, materials, and labor.
This would be fantastic especially if they sell everything else as a plug and play option. You could buy a baseline bronco for $27+\- and then eventually turn it into a lariat (Eddie Bauer) trim over time.

edit: it’s not like people don’t already do this kind of stuff aftermarket. Ford would just be able to take a larger part of those shares.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be fantastic especially if they sell everything else as a plug and play option. You could buy a baseline bronco for $27+\- and then eventually turn it into a lariat (Eddie Bauer) trim over time.

edit: it’s not like people don’t already do this kind of stuff aftermarket. Ford would just be able to take a larger part of those shares.
Exactly!

Again, I want what I want, didn't ask for the package

Screwed around and built a Gladiator Sport S, why can't I have a LSD if I get a Navi?
Sponsored