Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can with the Ford app.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? F64C9424-B416-4CD2-AECC-BB1ED327B515
You will be able to use your smartphone. This is my truck’s app, even shows gas level, oil %, location etc.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? F64C9424-B416-4CD2-AECC-BB1ED327B515

The Hyundai Digital Key, the Tesla Phone Key, the Lincoln Phone Key, and the Apple Car Key (BMW only right now) are all different than the FordPass app.

FordPass is an app that connects through the internet to a central Ford server. The server then connects to your car and commands the action. This requires cellular internet connections for your phone and your car.

The newer systems use Bluetooth or NFC for the phone to connect directly to the car without going through the internet. This means if you are out in the mountains outside of cellular coverage the phone (or watch) can still be used as a key. Apple also says theirs will keep working for 5 hours after you lose battery in your phone.

In addition, if you use FordPass to unlock or start your car you still need the key fob in order to drive. With the NFC systems the phone or watch is the key. You do not need a separate fob.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/02/how-apple-new-car-key-feature-works/
https://media.lincoln.com/content/d...0/Aviator/Lincoln-Phone-AsAKey-Fact-Sheet.pdf
https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/resources/technology-and-navigation/introducing-digital-key.html

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hyundai Digital Key, the Tesla Phone Key, the Lincoln Phone Key, and the Apple Car Key (BMW only right now) are all different than the FordPass app.

FordPass is an app that connects through the internet to a central Ford server. The server then connects to your car and commands the action. This requires cellular internet connections for your phone and your car.

The newer systems use Bluetooth or NFC for the phone to connect directly to the car without going through the internet. This means if you are out in the mountains outside of cellular coverage the phone (or watch) can still be used as a key. Apple also says theirs will keep working for 5 hours after you lose battery in your phone.

In addition, if you use FordPass to unlock or start your car you still need the key fob in order to drive. With the NFC systems the phone or watch is the key. You do not need a separate fob.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/02/how-apple-new-car-key-feature-works/
https://media.lincoln.com/content/d...0/Aviator/Lincoln-Phone-AsAKey-Fact-Sheet.pdf
https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/resources/technology-and-navigation/introducing-digital-key.html
Understand. My response was to his comment of wishing he could use his smartphone to unlock his vehicle. He didn't specifically mention those specific options outside of using the word Hyundai.

Either way, it still doesnt help out the guys who state they want to lock their phones in the Bronco too.

Hard Learner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XL Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely! Ever since I got my current truck I have wanted the keypad. Cannot tell you how many time I lock my doors and walk out later to find the truck locked (50/50 chance I locked it when I exited the vehicle at home). Would be nice (if doable) to throw keys in the console and lock up the truck to go hiking, fishing, kayaking, etc. without having to worry about losing keys.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only thing you can do it seems is to have extra batteries hidden somewhere on the bronco in case your keypad battery dies.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only thing you can do it seems is to have extra batteries hidden somewhere on the bronco in case your keypad battery dies.
Hi
i have one key pad on my F150 2017 my wife to on escape TITANIUM 2017 and i never found any kind of battery on this stuff. on BP .ca it's cost = 250.00$ CND.
and she want one on his built. we used this frequently.
TRACKTOY

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My buddy had a pickup truck with key pad lock on the door. We would sometimes take that truck to running events. Was nice to lock everything including key/fob in the truck, rather than carry for a 26.2 mile marathon. Same with canoeing and other activities, I bet a key pad lock would be useful.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love this things, use the hell out of them (see pic of 2017 F250) but hate the style and location for the Bronco, will buy after purchase from Ford parts and locate my self.
20201204_171558.jpg

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping for the light up buttons hidden in a pillar. Seeing the pad just stuck on the door - nah, I think I'll pass.

Not to say I don't use mine, but seeing as I can get one aftermarket, it is kinda hard just to accept it where it is located.
Sponsored