Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that say you can't lock the keys in the car, there is a trick to it. If I recall, you cannot press the lock button on the inside and then close the door. It will not stay locked. Instead, you must close the door and then press the last two buttons on the keypad simultaneously and it will lock all doors. There are a couple of other shortcuts too, like on the trucks I believe pressing the 5/6 button after punching in your code will unlock and/or drop the tailgate. I can't remember for sure.

A word of caution though... I have heard insurance companies will not cover a stolen car if you intentionally locked the keys inside.

I will most likely get the option. I find myself needing to get into vehicles when I don't have the keys far too often and I am too lazy to go and grab them. It's a nice feature that only Ford has, but unfortunately it has been poorly executed on the Bronco.
Yes - you hold/press the two bottom buttons on the keypad and the doors lock whether the keys are inside or not. Works great.
Sponsored

Midnight1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have it on my f150 and don't use it because the truck also has proximity sensor and I can unlock by touching the door handle with key in my pocket. Does the Bronco not have this capability? I would much prefer having this instead of the keypad.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have it on my f150 and don't use it because the truck also has proximity sensor and I can unlock by touching the door handle with key in my pocket. Does the Bronco not have this capability? I would much prefer having this instead of the keypad.
Mid package adds proximity key.

Otherwise...no.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can lock the keys inside by pushing the bottom two buttons on the keypad at the same time. I do it all the time on my 150 Raptor - works great.
I’ve had my super duty for 4 years and always tried the lock button on the inside which doesn’t work. I use it all the time when I don’t have my keys. It didn’t even occur to me to press 7 8 and 9 0 to lock them inside. Thanks.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have had the key pad on 3 cars and I might have used it 1 time overall. The one touch proximity is what spoiled me. Just putting my hand on the door handle to unlock and swiping to lock is one reason I went with mid package.

I do not like how it is just a box on the door of the bronco but see why it is not in the b pillar as there is no door frame.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you're a cyclist, runner, swimmer, et al, you'll love it because you don't have to carry a key fob on your body when working out.
FoMoCo Parts sells them for like $80. They are wireless and last for years (like 5 years or so and they warn you when the battery is getting low).
I stick them between cowl and wiper area of my Explorer and Mustang. Out of sight, but damn useful when I need it.
I'll likely wait til post-delivery to put it on. So, not adding as an option during B&P.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it confirmed these are going to be stick on? Source?Dealer add-on I understand, but from the factory?

We have the keypad on our Exploder and F-150. It was a great feature before kids, after kids was a great bonus!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, because ugly and looks outdated

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
do you have a Ford and Ford pass?
I don’t but I asked the dealer and they were saying that you only need gps satellite to use Ford pass to unlock the car. ??? Is this true?
I have found that the app does NOT work without cell service.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What happens if the keypad battery dies and you locked the keys in the car?
I have to say - I have had this feature on every vehicle I have owned since my 2010 Raptor and never had any battery issues. I was under the (false?) impression that it was a hard-wired feature . . . either way, I have been really pleased with it, use it almost daily and it has worked 100% of the time.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve had my super duty for 4 years and always tried the lock button on the inside which doesn’t work. I use it all the time when I don’t have my keys. It didn’t even occur to me to press 7 8 and 9 0 to lock them inside. Thanks.
Also - FYI - not that it is a huge deal but a little extra thing . . . if you run the code twice it'll lower the tailgate (if you have the auto open tailgate feature).

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if you're a cyclist, runner, swimmer, et al, you'll love it because you don't have to carry a key fob on your body when working out.
FoMoCo Parts sells them for like $80. They are wireless and last for years (like 5 years or so and they warn you when the battery is getting low).
I stick them between cowl and wiper area of my Explorer and Mustang. Out of sight, but damn useful when I need it.
I'll likely wait til post-delivery to put it on. So, not adding as an option during B&P.
Good to know about the battery - THANKS - I have loved this little feature and was stunned nobody else did it (just seeing the Colorado info now) and have used it ever since I had it over a decade ago . . . got to assume there is a simple, non-invasive, battery changing method! Thanks again.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It came on my Platinum F-150 as standard equipment. Thought is was stupid. Now after having it three years, its very handy. Out working in yard, keys up stairs in bedroom, want something out of truck, its easy. Its come in handy many times.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will be wired. The wireless does not work with intelligent open and push button start.

Bummer! Guess I'll order it as I wont be without it.