Sponsored

Why are there vents behind the spare tire?

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All vehicles have them, they just hide them from normal view. Sedan's have them from the cabin into the trunk area, always in the rear of the cabin wall. You force air from the HVAC into the cabin at the front of the cabin, it has to go somewhere. Also, temp changes, ever wonder how your windows don't blow out on a hot summer day? Or, how you can open/close your door?
Lol. Cars aren't air tight.
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JHenley01

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They are supposed to be for cabin pressure relief but they don't do a great job in my opinion. On my 2 door it takes significantly more force to close the doors when the windows are up. I can open the tailgate and they are almost effortless to close. Seems to be a common thing.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was sort of wondering if those accessories (compressor mounts, M2M safe, etc) that are using that hump in the tailgate plus adding a table are blocking said airflow…

BroncRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are supposed to be for cabin pressure relief but they don't do a great job in my opinion. On my 2 door it takes significantly more force to close the doors when the windows are up. I can open the tailgate and they are almost effortless to close. Seems to be a common thing.
Anyone find a “fix” for this?
if they are there for pressure relief, why don’t they work as they should? I drove several on test drives and there was still pressure buildup. Always felt like I needed to pop my ears. One caused a headache.
Sponsored