Sponsored

If the Bronco is so Consumer Build Friendly why are there Limitations to the Build?

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2013 Ford Focus S Manual, 2018 F150 XLT 5.0L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I might be crazy here but I think that the Consumer should get the The disconnecting sway bar with this ass watch package across the board base to badlands. what do you think. Base is base trim period but Big Bend & Black Diamond can be MidLevel Trimmed out. If they had all the off road options available like a Disconnecting swaybar only with the Sasquatch package. I think that a huge selling point. Just like how they made the raptor be able to tow 4500lbs. Hopefully that trickles down to the bronco.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I might be crazy here but I think that the Consumer should get the The disconnecting sway bar with this ass watch package across the board base to badlands. what do you think. Base is base trim period but Big Bend & Black Diamond can be MidLevel Trimmed out. If they had all the off road options available like a Disconnecting swaybar only with the Sasquatch package. I think that a huge selling point. Just like how they made the raptor be able to tow 4500lbs. Hopefully that trickles down to the bronco.
Any thoughts?
Different trims will always be differentiated. A la carte everything would be awesome for the consumer but terrible for the producer. Talk about a complex assembly process. You can either get options in groups from the manufacturer or do a la carte modifications aftermarket. I don’t see that changing.

And yes, another aspect is the manufacturer bundling desirable options with less desirable options specifically to drive average sales price up. Executives of a corporation are legally bound to make decisions that are in the corporation’s financial best interests.

OP
OP
Bronco B-Rad

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Different trims will always be differentiated. A la carte everything would be awesome for the consumer but terrible for the producer. Talk about a complex assembly process. You can either get options in groups from the manufacturer or do a la carte modifications aftermarket. I don’t see that changing.
I’m really only asking for a few things.
-Disconnecting swaybar added to the Sasquatch package up and down the line up.
-Manual transmission for the four-door base bronco.
-Tow 4500 pounds
I don’t think that’s too big of a ask from the Consumer. I wasn’t truly trying to go à la carte I’m pretty happy with everything except for those three things

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any thoughts?

downloadfile.jpg

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The whole purpose of having different trims is so they can be... well... differentiated. And automatic sway-bar disconnect is a premium feature, so it's on a premium trim. If you don't want to pay for the premium feature, you can just disconnect the sway bar manually. It literally is 2 bolts and some zip-ties.

Plus on a more practical level, the more options Ford offers the higher the production cost goes up, which means they have to raise the vehicle cost. Obviously they can do scaling package costs to handle those increased production costs—which is exactly what they do with the Sasquatch package—but if they do that, at some point the cost of the lower-end Broncos becomes so high that it just makes sense to buy a premium trim.

But yeah, if you ever wondered by the Sasquatch package costs $6950 on the Base trim but $4200 on the Outer Banks trim... that's because they have to offset the increased production costs by offering the Sasquatch package on the lower-end trim. So sure, they could offer the sway-bar on the Base trim, but it's probably going to cost $1800 - $2000 extra. At that point it just makes sense to buy a Black Diamond with the Sasquatch package.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco B-Rad

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you offered wash out floors/seats in the Base, you cut your BD BL sales in half, that a good example of why they don't a la cart.
In a way I guess but the trim level options are on the Outer Banks, Badlands and Wild Tract. And yes I feel the base should come with the rubberized floor I’ve never seen a base truck from any big 3 auto manufacturer come with carpet. If it were up to me the base bronco to have a spray on floor liner floor and that’s it.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cant just look at the vehicle in a vacuum or compare it to vehicles it doesn't compete with. Look a the build and price for its competition....the Wrangler or 4 Runner and tell me which is more customer friendly to build the vehicle you want.

It wont take long to realize you cant get lockers on a base like the Bronco.

Its a huge step up from where it was, but you cant just open everything up to everyone and build every vehicle as a customer build. Complexity and a drive for profits wont allow that.

OP
OP
Bronco B-Rad

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For example the base for a bronco I would build with a 2.7, 10speed auto Hard top and the Sasquatch package with auxiliary switches is $43,520. A Badlands four-door with a base trim manual, hard top and your missing a Hero switch with manual is like $47,030.
I think it would be smart for Ford will make on the base even more money on higher trims and trim packages.

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the only thing I don't like about the customizing is the availability of squatch on 4dr models. I could have sworn (could be wrong of course) when the configurator was initially available a year ago you could have gotten a Base/BB/BD 4dr squatch. Guess I'll be stuck getting a Badlands LOL. :p

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco B-Rad

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You cant just look at the vehicle in a vacuum or compare it to vehicles it doesn't compete with. Look a the build and price for its competition....the Wrangler or 4 Runner and tell me which is more customer friendly to build the vehicle you want.

It wont take long to realize you cant get lockers on a base like the Bronco.

Its a huge step up from where it was, but you cant just open everything up to everyone and build every vehicle as a customer build. Complexity and a drive for profits wont allow that.
I’m not asking for complex I’m just asking for a few items. One of those options the manual transmission is offered up and down the lineup on the two door but not on the four-door. Then it’s a given if you want a 12 inch touchscreen you’ve gotta get an Outer Banks trim or better.

OP
OP
Bronco B-Rad

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the only thing I don't like about the customizing is the availability of squatch on 4dr models. I could have sworn (could be wrong of course) when the configurator was initially available a year ago you could have gotten a Base/BB/BD 4dr squatch. Guess I'll be stuck getting a Badlands LOL. :p

OP
OP
Bronco B-Rad

Bronco B-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You’re correct and you still can that’s not what I’m saying

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d build a base 2d with the 4d’s gas tank and the raptor’s 3.0 and the f150’s 10r80 and the Sasquatch package and the manual and the Badlands’ disco.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
It worked this morning. I built a 4-door base with the sasquatch pkg and it went through.
Sponsored