Sponsored

WHY? Bumper makers get your s*** together!

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why in gods name do we not have a hidden winch for the 2.7 yet? We as a nation flew to the moon... yet after this car is on the streets for almost a year, we have no 2.7 hidden winches? Why are all the aftermarket bumpers so close to being perfect only to fall short. I'm sick off not seeing a solution on the market already.

here is a checklist for future bumper creators -

1. work with the current ACC and parking sensors, I mean really work, not some dubious relocation I want it to stay in the general area.

2. be wide and high - See those sasquatch flares???? yeah that wide.

3. Hide my damn winch or mount it so my camera isn't blocked.

3.5 No chin like bumpers

4. Give me options - wing or no wings??? Wings with pod light brackets.... things like that. How many of us have light bars and lights in our pods that we want to reuse on an aftermarket bumper but can't because there is no option to. Looking at you Relentless.

5. How about a quick connect winch plate that can attach to the modular bumper and a plug-and-play winch control pack.

6. lastly as a gift, ARB I will fix your bumper for you below(pod lights on bar can go) MAKE THE BULL BAR OPTIONAL OR MODULAR!!! Not everyone needs protection from deers 24/7

Ford Bronco WHY? Bumper makers get your s*** together! 1653779852873
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do custom metal fabrication at a hobbyist level. I don’t claim to be pro at this sorta thing, but after looking it it definitely isn’t a straight forward thing.

You gotta build a bumper that does all the following:
  • Doesn’t block the ACC sensor
  • Doesn’t block the front camera
  • Doesn’t block the air intake for the intercooler
  • Still provides a reasonable amount of ground clearance
  • Doesn’t totally destroy your approach angle
  • Doesn’t look like total ass

I do agree with you about removal bull bars, customizable wings, and a bunch of other stuff. But the core of making a bumper that does all the stuff you’d want it to do and still be compatible with the 2.7L and the Lux package seems like a tough nut to crack.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A winch option that doesn’t block the ACC or force you to splice in wires to extend parking sensors would be wonderful. I’m personally still waiting…

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do custom metal fabrication at a hobbyist level. I don’t claim to be pro at this sorta thing, but after looking it it definitely isn’t a straight forward thing.

You gotta build a bumper that does all the following:
  • Doesn’t block the ACC sensor
  • Doesn’t block the front camera
  • Doesn’t block the air intake for the intercooler
  • Still provides a reasonable amount of ground clearance
  • Doesn’t totally destroy your approach angle
  • Doesn’t look like total ass

I do agree with you about removal bull bars, customizable wings, and a bunch of other stuff. But the core of making a bumper that does all the stuff you’d want it to do and still be compatible with the 2.7L and the Lux package seems like a tough nut to crack.
I agree with your points, I know it’s not an easy process. That said look at arb summit, if the had it without the bull bar and let me use my existing lights from my modular it would be perfect. I’m thinking of buying it and having a fabricator alter it for me. You happen to be in Southern California?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with your points, I know it’s not an easy process. That said look at arb summit, if the had it without the bull bar and let me use my existing lights from my modular it would be perfect. I’m thinking of buying it and having a fabricator alter it for me. You happen to be in Southern California?
Something to consider on tight trails is that the flares are meant to be removable...and having a bumper stick out if flares are removed defeats that purpose. If someone is going totally for looks, perhaps the manufacturers could make a flare-width bumper an option, but hard core wheelers will more than likely want an option for one that does not stick out so far. Note that the modular front bumper wings are meant to be removable as well...I went with the Road Armor Stealth for the rear which pretty much splits the difference.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you found an easy opportunity to produce something everyone wants but no one makes. Should be an easy money maker.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah... New England.

The ARB Summit bumper is probably one of the better bumpers I've seen... but the chin on it is hefty. The bull bars actually help mask some of its chin, but once that is removed it's gonna look like Stan Smith. Same with the WARN Elite bumper. Good design, has quite a chin on it.

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah... New England.

The ARB Summit bumper is probably one of the better bumpers I've seen... but the chin on it is hefty. The bull bars actually help mask some of its chin, but once that is removed it's gonna look like Stan Smith. Same with the WARN Elite bumper. Good design, has quite a chin on it.
After reflection it’s really not all the aftermarket’s fault…. It’s ford for designing the intercooler the way they did. Nobody in the development meetings raised a hand and said “maybe we should make room for a winch like every other off road vehicle?”

Doobie

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL! at least you have aftermarket support for the Modular bumper. The capable bumper doesn't exist in the minds of ANY aftermarket manufacture.

BTW my original order had the mod bumper and I didn't know to check when it switched over to MY22. My bad, I guess. :(

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It took us (the nation) 3yrs to make it to space, and 14 to actually land on the moon sooo.... yea.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took us (the nation) 3yrs to make it to space, and 14 to actually land on the moon sooo.... yea.
Jokes on you. it took them less than a month to put together the sound stage man!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you found an easy opportunity to produce something everyone wants but no one makes. Should be an easy money maker.
I'm on it!!!
Gimme a welder and a torch and I'll make you a watch.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is going to be a compromise, and that compromise should be the camera. Given how easy it is to relocate the camera, bumper makers should preserve the ACC sensor location and focus a design around it. When you do that, you will likely come up with a solution that blocks the camera, but at this point, I'm willing to compromise that with a camera relocate.

Check out the bumper in Brad's video here:

This is pretty much what I'm looking for, but with the provision for fog lights, which I think I could just add myself on top of the bumper on either side of the winch. Anyone know who makes this one? I'm pretty interested.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the op has a lot of good points I really wish people would quit calling the Bronco a car.
Sponsored