Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not here to bash Ford. I’m not here to cry about why Ford doesn’t offer some obscure option combination or package that only I want. (Where’s my green eggs & ham edition Bronco?).

and unlike a lot of people here I’m more understanding of challenges that must be presented when trying to launch a very unique and all new vehicle with a plethora of customizable options in the middle of a global pandemic, I do not blame Ford for not being able to see into the future or for delays created by suppliers. I think the people at Ford are doing their best to bring us an amazing product. I understand everyone is anxious and frustrated with the delays, but I can’t stomach some of the negativity and outright bashing of the people at Ford who are working their hardest to bring us what we want.

but I am curious as to why Ford didn’t at least give FE holders the OPTION to take delivery with a soft top?

personally, I fall squarely in the DO NOT LIKE MIC category. I do feel like FE has been made less special due to the recent announcement . If I could only choose between the two I’d REALLY rather have the soft top. I personally prefer the look and think the black soft top would match better with with the black mirrors & grill.

I had ordered dual tops and was willing to pay extra and even wait a little longer to get them. Soft tops are standard on all the other trims at least in 4dr (excluding Wildtrak I guess) so I assume they must be available for the 7000 FE’s

how about offering a small discount and offering soft top only and I’ll forget the black mod top?

or maybe use the $1000 Ford bucks to ship the mod top whenever it’s really ready in 2022 or 2023?

or better yet. Give this option to those who were willing to pay for dual tops: deliver my FE now with a soft top, keep the $1000 Ford pass rewards money and next year let me choose between shadow black, white, or better yet BODY COLOR mod hard top! Turn a negative into a positive!

Just my .02. lightning blue with a body color top sounds beautiful.

sorry for the long post. Thank you Ford for bringing us this vehicle.
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In retrospect, what they offered with the FE wasn’t that great to begin with. A sticker package and limited color options?

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In retrospect, what they offered with the FE wasn’t that great to begin with. A sticker package and limited color options?
that’s not true. Almost every option is standard. A unique exterior color and onyx black leather both not available on other trims. Some small degree of exclusivity. Tow package delete (I’m kidding).

Debating the value of FE is not the point. For those willing to pay, it was worth the premium. But with the unfortunate recent announcement, that value has been eroded.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems the allure of FE isn’t intended for today, although it has combinations not available in any other trim, but the value in 25 years. Reckon what the original broncos numbering 1-100 are worth today... or the original GT40... or so on? I think it should have been dual top automatically, and if the top you wanted wasn’t available today, definitely just ship it when it is.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think it should have been dual top automatically, and if the top you wanted wasn’t available today, definitely just ship it when it is.
agreed...

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw... I’m not a first edition person... I wouldn’t have reserved one even if I had have gotten through on reveal night. For one, it’s out of my price range... and I’m not the kind that will preserve the exclusivity of what it is. A vehicle has to be more utilitarian for me so it’s gonna end up used and abused, and that just seems disrespectful to the nature of what a FE is... only my opinions.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak had the same issue. Both of the trims were decorated in dark black, clearly intended to have a black painted top to match. When that too wasn’t available they forced a MIC Gray top on then? Why not just allow a black soft top instead. It matches the vehicle far better.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shipping a hard top that isn’t installed on a Bronco just isn’t a viable economical decision for Ford. Thats the reason the hard tops for Jeep are so expensive to purchase.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would think they could ship em for around $500 each... so that would be 3.5 mil. If the average price per FE is 70k and their profit margin is 10%(7k each or 49mil total) it wouldn’t be that big of an impact on them. The 1k they are dishing out in points is double that, so it doesn’t seem like cost Of shipping is the driving factor to me. Again, only my opinions and I had to use a calculator to get the 10%, so 😉

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shipping a hard top that isn’t installed on a Bronco just isn’t a viable economical decision for Ford. Thats the reason the hard tops for Jeep are so expensive to purchase.
to play devil’s advocate: They charge $1500 to deliver the whole vehicle. They can’t deliver the top for $1000 dollars?

But let’s say you are correct because shipping crates for tops might require forklifts or loading docks instead of vehicles that can be loaded onto a truck under their own power...

So what’s the explanation for no soft top offering at all?

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s not true. Almost every option is standard. A unique exterior color and onyx black leather both not available on other trims. Some small degree of exclusivity. Tow package delete (I’m kidding).

Debating the value of FE is not the point. For those willing to pay, it was worth the premium. But with the unfortunate recent announcement, that value has been eroded.
As an FE RESERVATION holder I’d have to disagree. No MG seat option? No wash out floor option? It’s a wild track with a sway bar disconnect, limited color options, one color that’s different, and a sticker package. To each their own but that nonsense isn’t worth the price tag.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

to play devil’s advocate: They charge $1500 to deliver the whole vehicle. They can’t deliver the top for $1000 dollars?

But let’s say you are correct because shipping crates for tops might require forklifts or loading docks instead of vehicles that can be loaded onto a truck under their own power...

So what’s the explanation for no soft top offering at all?
I agree, a soft top option is a great idea. Just explaining why shipping hard tops after the fact won’t happen.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn’t allow soft top on those two trims because if you get the soft top from the factory you lose all the electric hookups and plumbing for the wiper and defrost and controls included to operate them. Ford also will not put this on just in case one wants to get a hard top later. IMO

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also WTF are you trying to say here? The value isn’t the point but the end point is the value is eroded?
Sponsored