Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also WTF are you trying to say here? The value isn’t the point but the end point is the value is eroded?
what I’m trying to say is that your argument that FE is ”only a sticker package” is patently false.

Your frustration with FE seems to be that you can’t order a 65k limited edition vehicle with vinyl flooring and vinyl seats (which seems odd to me). I would suspect that most FE owners preferred a more luxurious interior hence leather and carpet standard. Generally vinyl floors and seats are reserved for base model work trucks. I do recognize that they have a practical use in a hardcore off-road vehicle so that is not an apples to apples comparison.

I am curious as to why you reserved one in the first place since as you say it is “just a sticker package”

but anyway, the point of my original post was this:

WHY NO SOFT TOP OPTION instead of being forced to into to MIC?
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what I’m trying to say is that your argument that FE is ”only a sticker package” is patently false.

Your frustration with FE seems to be that you can’t order a 65k limited edition vehicle with vinyl flooring and vinyl seats (which seems odd to me). I would suspect that most FE owners preferred a more luxurious interior hence leather and carpet standard. Generally vinyl floors and seats are reserved for base model work trucks. I do recognize that they have a practical use in a hardcore off-road vehicle so that is not an apples to apples comparison.

I am curious as to why you reserved one in the first place since as you say it is “just a sticker package”

I reserved an FE before prices were listed on the site. My frustration with Ford is they dropped the ball on what they claim as the most capable bronco trim. Which is a falsehood. It’s no more capable than other trim packages.

It’s not worth the extra cost for an exclusive color and badges. And unless you’re gona baby the darn thing and leave it in an air right bubble (gross exaggeration) these will probably never increase in value. To each their own, buy what you want. Maybe it’s worth it to some people.

Want the soft top? Call your Ford rep. It’s their product it’s their decision. If You don’t like it, cancel. Not sure what resolution you’re expecting here bub.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn’t allow soft top on those two trims because if you get the soft top from the factory you lose all the electric hookups and plumbing for the wiper and defrost and controls included to operate them. Ford also will not put this on just in case one wants to get a hard top later. IMO
this

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems the allure of FE isn’t intended for today, although it has combinations not available in any other trim, but the value in 25 years. Reckon what the original broncos numbering 1-100 are worth today... or the original GT40... or so on? ...
If you invested the $65000 in a common mutual fund, historical returns over 25 years is well over half a million dollars (adjusted for inflation, so the final dollar amount works be higher). There will be more pristine, barely used FE's in twenty five years then any other first year series. Just like the 1976 Ragtop Eldorado was hoarded. No one who has any real money sense at all is going to go to the expense of storing an FE as an investment with the exception of the 001 auctioned unit, but plenty of people with more money than brains will do it anyway.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just change your order to a different model jeez

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because with a soft top the customer will not be able to test and see if the electrical and plumbing made for a hard top will work when they pick up the vehicle. If something is wrong with it and they get a hard top later on, the customer will then complain it’s defective...

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can appreciate that @Drex , but my point was for those that can afford to do that stuff. I’m not one of those folks, although I do understand investing to some small degree, my life just hasn’t allowed for that sort of financial independence. I have no regrets though, nor do I begrudge anyone that has... I’m always hoping the absolute best for everyone.

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just change your order to a different model jeez
Because I don’t want a “different model jeez”. If I switch to a different model I still get a mic top so what’s the point. Or I get a soft top but lose leather or the higher option packages or black interior or Lightning blue. I’d like what was offered and what i ordered. a first edition with dual tops. I completely understand that mod tops are simply not ready for prime time. However soft tops certainly appear to be available. So why no option for that on the premier trim package? Sorry for asking a question on an enthusiast forum.

The counter point that wiring and lines for the hard top wouldn’t be included is invalid. Ford could easily include them or not. If they can change the rules and downgrade my top they certainly have the option to throw in a wiring harness and some rubber tubing. Btw, I never necessarily asked for these things. I only asked about why no option for soft top is being given. I think it’s a valid question.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that it hasn’t been posted 100 times already. But you’ll lose all hardtop functionality in the rear if you only get a soft top. So while it sounds like a great idea in theory someone will complain they can’t install a rear wiper later. It’s a lose/lose situation.

Just take the top off and buy a aftermarket soft top, problem solved. Plus you made $1000

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think OP was asking, couldn’t they bend the rules and go ahead and add wiring and all for the hard top on the FE.... wouldn’t that be the way it would be if you actually got the dual tops to begin with? Maybe I’m just too stupid to understand the arguments.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just get the FE you want now with the MIC and since you have the money, get the MIC top sanded and painted when you get home. A good body shop will be able to sand and paint the MiC top in the official Shadow Black color. This will be cheaper than getting the MIC top and ordering a factory shadow black top in 3 years when they might be available for purchase at parts counter.

Trust me, you’re going to see a lot of MIC turned into white real soon.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford really screwed the pooch with the FE. Imo what they should have done, is this.

The only 2021s that were built were FE.
They should have only had 2 color choices exclusive to FE, and really limited the options. That's what they did for the 50th mustang, two exclusive colors and options you couldn't get on other models( performance pack auto)

That would have made the FE very exclusive IMO

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really screwed the pooch with the FE. Imo what they should have done, is this.

The only 2021s that were built were FE.
They should have only had 2 color choices exclusive to FE, and really limited the options. That's what they did for the 50th mustang, two exclusive colors and options you couldn't get on other models( performance pack auto)

That would have made the FE very exclusive IMO
exactly. Anything would be better than how this turned out.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Less FE the better, same parts for other builds lol

You could always take delivery of a MIC then order a modular top later if you have the pockets for it.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
exactly. Anything would be better than how this turned out.
Yep. I mean I get the bronco is all about customization but they should have just said this is what the FE is pick your color
Sponsored