Sponsored

Why does Bronco (Ford) have lower front stance?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is, kudos for pointing that out.
In our case, when towing a bale of hay, three cats, or a small chair. (shots fired at the tow rating, don't ban me) :LOL:
Tow rating, be damned, I don't care, I'm hauling a fourth cat! 😄 I know Ford has secretly over-spec'd it and there's capacity for five, even. (I won't even mention how many cats I got in the back of my F150, despite it's payload spec.) 😄
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BECAUSE FORD KNOWS HOW TO BUILD TRUCKS!!! Geez its like talking to a dog dragging its ass on the carpet. It doesnt care about right or wrong just how it makes its butt glands feel :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry just ribbing yall. But for real did yall grow up drawing doodles of hot rods on your place mats at restraunts, because I did and they all had the Broncos stance. I am very glad it does because it looks cool. Unlike some other brands across the other pond.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1614096673458.png

Just curious: Why is the Bronco's stance lower in the front as compared to the rear? Ford's F-150s are the same way. Ford and aftermarket companies even sell leveling kits. But the stance is intentional, right? So why is it designed that way? I guess I should ask Levine. I think it looks bad. I put a leveling kit on my F-150 and the 1-1.5" higher (now level) front makes it look a LOT better (IMHO).
Rake does seem to be excessive compared to other photos...by chance did the truck have a winch mounted? Unladen truck with a winch mounted on factory springs would most likely exaggerate the rake.

OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
@95bronco It's not the consensus, it's the answer.

Trucks are built to "haul" something and if you add a few hundred pounds, maybe 1k or even 1.5k, you're going to level the vehicle. This won't point the headlights to the sky, this will drop the rear by an inch or two. Most body-on-frame vehicles are built this way. Your F-150 was designed specifically for this. A leveling kit defeats the purpose and when the F-150 is used as designed, to haul a 1k lbs in the bed, the headlights, after adding a leveling kit, shine directly into oncoming driver's eyes (not to the sky).

If you really don't know this and really wanted the answer, that's it. The vehicle is designed with a "cargo" area and if you throw a few hundred pounds in the cargo area/bed, you're going to level the body-on-frame vehicle. It's raked for a reason.
TRUCKS?! "Trucks are built to 'haul' something" -- really, that ignores (1) my question about BRONCOS, and (2) the fact that we are all on a Bronco site. The Bronco is raked (I even included a picture for you) and it is not designed to HAUL anything but people and some gear. In fact, Ford does not even list a payload capacity among the Bronco specifications on the Ford.com. As for towing - maybe - but like I said, tongue weight is not the equivalent of tow weight. I can tow a 5000 lb camper trailer without dropping the rear of my truck much at all (seems logical that the same applies to the Bronco).

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@95Bravo Read, body-on-frame. Yes, the Bronco has a payload. It's discussed ten times a day on this site. Yes, it is designed to tow, with a 350 tongue weight (on the rear of the vehicle). Max payload is 1170/1370 lbs (2D/4D).

You asked a question and seem all bent that you got the correct answer (by several).

The truth is.

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the natural rake of trucks and real SUVs.

Leveling any truck is for aesthetics. Which sometimes does look really good. But if you haul anything you’ll be SoCal Bro leaning it. Yep I said it.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rake does seem to be excessive compared to other photos...by chance did the truck have a winch mounted? Unladen truck with a winch mounted on factory springs would most likely exaggerate the rake.
Ford Bronco Why does Bronco (Ford) have lower front stance? 1614117408332

OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm glad you know how I load my trailers, thanks Miss. Cleo...noted.

In the last 10 years pickups have become daily drivers for more people who were never truck people, so the rear springs have become softer to allow for a better ride. in turn when you load them up you get more squat, typically 2-3" on a correctly loaded trailer with WD hitch. Even putting a load in the bed will cause a leveled truck to sit nose high and blind oncoming traffic. If the truck was stock that 2" rake would allow the truck to sit exactly level and not nose high. I know this is all complicated geometry so I understand it being hard to understand.
Does not explain a raked Bronco. The WD hitch is designed specifically to avoid sagging the rear. Gee, if only I could understand the difficult geometry. :rolleyes:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Refusing to accept the answer doesn't make it less the answer.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does not explain a raked Bronco. The WD hitch is designed specifically to avoid sagging the rear. Gee, if only I could understand the difficult geometry. :rolleyes:
And, you are, again, wrong. WD hitches are not designed to avoid sagging the rear. They are designed to evenly distribute the load to a trailer and its vehicle's axles.

The rake is by design for times when a payload is added to the vehicle, whether that load is in the vehicle or off the rear and through the hitch.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A few bags of cement will straighten that out, no worries!

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, good thing Ford will sell these things to anyone. If there was a test, many would not pass.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TRUCKS?! "Trucks are built to 'haul' something" -- really, that ignores (1) my question about BRONCOS, and (2) the fact that we are all on a Bronco site.
The Bronco is a truck.... Most body on frame SUVs are still classified as trucks along with vans and pickups.
Sponsored