Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Functional front suspension = No Death Wobble

also hoping for greater reliability with the electrical systems, infotainment, safety, and mechanical.

I can also say I like the style better than the Wrangler, especially after owning a couple, but I know that is more subjective.

and I would guess most people will be impressed by the 12ā€ screen, seating surfaces, wide open roof with the top off.

we will have to wait to compare off-road capabilities to other competitors. But, based on the videos I have seen from Moab and Rubicon, I think the Bronco will hold its own.
Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was in the middle of haggling price over a new Jeep Gladiator when I saw the that Ford was soon to reveal a new Bronco. Iā€™ve always been a Ford fan, so decided to wait and see what this was all about. When I saw that 2-door Cyber Orange blazing a trail through the desert at high speeds, it was love at first sight. My dad had a Ford Bronco when I was a kid and I remember him taking the top off of it and taking us kids ā€œ4-wheeling,ā€ - so much fun. I was in the market already for a fun vehicle that you could take the top and doors off and head to the beach. Never having owned a Jeep, I donā€™t know what the Bronco does better, but I like that it is a completely new design. It at least LOOKS like it rides better. The tech SEEMS better (what little I know of Jeep). The styling IS better (my opinion only). And I love that I can get the Squatch straight from the factory.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has character, nostalgia, good proportions, everything you could want for off-roading right from the factory, decent power train, and all the modern creature comforts... at a reasonable price.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First, let's not get carried away - Bronco is gonna have to sell a few million units before even being considered a commercial success. And remember Ford is selling a pricey, capable off-road vehicle to people who aren't gonna go off road

Second, context. Look at the marked crowded with look-alike, humongous SUVs trying to 100% compete based on the number of nannies and techno-features

Anything new and a little different is gonna stand out immediately

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual transmission and independent front suspension. Those two things alone literally put this vehicle in a class of its own for off-road capable SUVs. If either of those werenā€™t offered, I certainly would not be buying one.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For most buyers, this is a lifestyle vehicle and they willl not take their $40k vehicle off-road. Most buyers enjoy the roof off, doors off fun. Most will not rock crawl, go mudding, wheeling etc etc.

This, combined with the retro styling, will help the Bronco standout.

If the vehicle drives and handles well on the road, this will be a bonus.

I think most on the forum over value the "off road" nature of the Bronco and this group is not representative of the buying public.

Deleted member 13817

Who let the Jeep design and engineering team in the forum?
My exact thoughts. When I read these, its like a kid being caught off guard by a pop quiz that someone else prepared for and they are scrambling to ask others for the answers.

Even the screen name makes me think less Mike and more Marketing Department 2. Most forum members don't ask questions this way and then single out people's replies with further clarifying questions.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think most of the benefits for off road will be had by the 2 door over jeep and 4 runner which I consider the competition. The 4 door jeep isnā€™t horrible to drive but the 2 door really isnā€™t that great without aftermarket upgrades. Straight from the factory bronco has a better suspension, great gearing, and 35ā€™s (if ordered that way) and thatā€™s awesome for people who donā€™t want to spend money on upgrades after they buy an expensive vehicle. That beats jeep. The independent suspension will be the best for 98% of the people who buy Jeepā€™s that never do extreme trails. All it had to do to beat the 4 runner was have a removable top. It isnā€™t easy getting 35ā€™s to fit on the 4 runner. And then there is the sasquatched base model which can be had real cheap. Thatā€™s hard to compete with.

Sponsored

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For me, it's 3 things:
  • The 2.7L. 310HP/400lb of torque for just $1,895. The competition doesn't come close to meeting this performance for the price.
  • The fact that you can remove two sets panels over the front passengers and rear passengers to give every passenger the open air experience without taking the shell over the trunk space. I love that. This should also mean that trunk shell would be much lighter than the competition's.
  • The IFS will make this a much better daily driver especially in PA with all of these damn potholes and imperfections in our roads.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™d probably be in a JLR right now if the reveal didnā€™t happen when it did.

For me itā€™s the ability to get the top offroad running gear without having to spend extra for stuff I donā€™t want or need, combined with a superior powertrain than the Jeep equivalent. Factor in FCA QC problems and the fact that IFS is much more pleasant to drive as a daily and Iā€™ll wait as long as I need to for my Bronco.

This will be the first vehicle I own where I donā€™t need to make significant modifications to the core suspension or drivetrain to get it exactly where I want. Yes thereā€™ll be many modifications to come, but theyā€™ll enhance whatā€™s already there, not seek to fundamentally change the way the vehicle was designed.

Iā€™m one of those buyers thatā€™s only ever had one choice- Jeep, because nobody else offered a competing product. Fords offering in this now two-product segment is much more compelling to me.

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my everything car

-Have a nice event to go to? Itā€™s a beautiful car with the doors and roof on
-Great summer day? Take the doors and the roof off
-Husky hair/paw prints everywhere? MGV and washout interior (Iā€™ve got a husky)
-Want to get away? Take it overlanding.
-Beach trip? Sand mode.
-Snow/ice? No problem.
-Want to see where that path leads? Go for it.
-New upgrade comes out in a year that youā€™re dying to have? No problem itā€™s designed to be customized.

There isnā€™t a single other car out there that does everything I want.
Except for this Bronco.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco is gonna have

gray tops,
Cupholders, and
Pineapple pizzas.

doesnā€™t matter. Iā€™m still getting one and gonna tear ass in a northern Jersey traffic jam blasting some country music with the top down.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have always like different ā€œ carsā€. They never seem to go out of style to me. Iā€™ve had BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, GM, And Chevy. The Bronco is a mix between my 2 door Mercedes and my 150 which I both loved. It is functional, beautifully different looking, and made in America. That is enough for me.
Sponsored