Why does the 4-Dr look so long?

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
I feel like the Jeep JLU does a great job with the look of the four door. The rear doors are small and I think almost hide the fact that it’s a four door. The Bronco door look huge. I dunno how this is considered it the 4 -dr Broncos wheelbase is shorter then the 4-dr Wrangler. What am I missing? Or is it just the photos being taken? Any one see the 4-dr in person that can say it looks much different then the photos? I’m 95% going with a 2-dr but I’d consider the 4-dr if it didn’t look so dang long.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

2019-Ford-Flex-Trim-Level-Breakdown_o.jpg

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread sums up why I hardly read comments on this site anymore. No helpful commentary and all mocking opinions. Thanks for the reminder
It helps to have a sense of humor, in all seriousness most of these threads don't contain a lot of information after the first couple of pages.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB; 2018 4Runner TRD (wife’s car)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like the Jeep JLU does a great job with the look of the four door. The rear doors are small and I think almost hide the fact that it’s a four door. The Bronco door look huge. I dunno how this is considered it the 4 -dr Broncos wheelbase is shorter then the 4-dr Wrangler. What am I missing? Or is it just the photos being taken? Any one see the 4-dr in person that can say it looks much different then the photos? I’m 95% going with a 2-dr but I’d consider the 4-dr if it didn’t look so dang long.
Think it's mostly an optical illusion. The camera creates a fisheye effect and then re-assembles that data to create a flat, straight image.
But when you throw in a small lift, rack and other accessories, the look is more proportional than say, an Outerbanks sans all the extras.
1610570956447.png

OP

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7
Think it's mostly an optical illusion. The camera creates a fisheye effect and then re-assembles that data to create a flat, straight image.
But when you throw in a small lift, rack and other accessories, the look is more proportional than say, an Outerbanks sans all the extras.
1610570956447.png
Yea I feel like the camera's especially and Phone camera do not represent the vehicle well.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I find the 4 door bronco matches the Bronco R in length and wheelbase, or must be very close. 4 door will clearly be better for high speed off roading.

OP

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7
This thread sums up why I hardly read comments on this site anymore. No helpful commentary and all mocking opinions. Thanks for the reminder
Yea I was honestly trying to figure out why it appears long, whether its the cameras or how the truck was designed etc. Unfortunately it turned into a thread of bickering and Flex comparisons and I feel guilty even posting the original topic. People choose what you like better obviously. I was just trying to figure out if the 4 Door looks different in person as so many things do.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I was honestly trying to figure out why it appears long, whether its the cameras or how the truck was designed etc. Unfortunately it turned into a thread of bickering and Flex comparisons and I feel guilty even posting the original topic. People choose what you like better obviously. I was just trying to figure out if the 4 Door looks different in person as so many things do.
David the problem is that for the vast majority of the people on this forum none of us has seen it in person so we really can't comment. And folks are just having fun on this thread and many others, it helps to have a sense of humor on just about everything, IMO. And, look at the bright side, you have gotten 6 pages of stuff for people answering a question about something they can't possible answer to.

MacHudson

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
The 4 door looks long due to the fish eye effect of taking a photo with a cell phone. The focal length equivalent of an iPhone 10 is 28mm if it were on an old school DLR camera. That’s the lens that you use for taking sunsets and mountain vistas - NOT for a flattering photo of a person’s face.

People need to learn to walk back and zoom in. But that ain’t how most of us do it.

BroncoJay

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Ha ha, yeah, I'm biased toward the two-door. But was being friendly and pointing out to the person who said he was getting the four-door in part because of the second seat room. Didn't want him disappointed that there's basically no difference in leg room between the two.

The four-door will outsell the two-door at least 2:1. But sometimes people buy what they think they need vs. what they actually use. Like people that buy pickups but only use the bed maybe once or twice a year for something only a pickup could do. It would be cheaper to just pay for delivery those few times. :)
Good points!
I love them both and I go back and forth constantly with this battle. I’m an empty nester so damn there really is no reason for the 4 door other than I’m an avid camper and the cargo space would be nice. But there is something about the looks of the 2 door. Harkens back to my youth ridin around with my ole man down the gravel roads of Iowa

Advertisement

Advertisement