Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These trucks disagree.

Might have to agree to disagree. To me the F-150 hasn't had a good looking regular cab since the 98-04 model years. To me the whole overall truck just looks odd in a regular cab

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I want from the 4DR on my 2DR is the fuel tank. I want more Fuel so I can road trip.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the Jeep JLU does a great job with the look of the four door. The rear doors are small and I think almost hide the fact that itā€™s a four door. The Bronco door look huge. I dunno how this is considered it the 4 -dr Broncos wheelbase is shorter then the 4-dr Wrangler. What am I missing? Or is it just the photos being taken? Any one see the 4-dr in person that can say it looks much different then the photos? Iā€™m 95% going with a 2-dr but Iā€™d consider the 4-dr if it didnā€™t look so dang long.
Think it's mostly an optical illusion. The camera creates a fisheye effect and then re-assembles that data to create a flat, straight image.
But when you throw in a small lift, rack and other accessories, the look is more proportional than say, an Outerbanks sans all the extras.
Ford Bronco Why does the 4-Dr look so long? 1610570956447

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Think it's mostly an optical illusion. The camera creates a fisheye effect and then re-assembles that data to create a flat, straight image.
But when you throw in a small lift, rack and other accessories, the look is more proportional than say, an Outerbanks sans all the extras.
Ford Bronco Why does the 4-Dr look so long? 1610570956447
Yea I feel like the camera's especially and Phone camera do not represent the vehicle well.

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I find the 4 door bronco matches the Bronco R in length and wheelbase, or must be very close. 4 door will clearly be better for high speed off roading.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread sums up why I hardly read comments on this site anymore. No helpful commentary and all mocking opinions. Thanks for the reminder
Yea I was honestly trying to figure out why it appears long, whether its the cameras or how the truck was designed etc. Unfortunately it turned into a thread of bickering and Flex comparisons and I feel guilty even posting the original topic. People choose what you like better obviously. I was just trying to figure out if the 4 Door looks different in person as so many things do.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 4 door looks long due to the fish eye effect of taking a photo with a cell phone. The focal length equivalent of an iPhone 10 is 28mm if it were on an old school DLR camera. Thatā€™s the lens that you use for taking sunsets and mountain vistas - NOT for a flattering photo of a personā€™s face.

People need to learn to walk back and zoom in. But that ainā€™t how most of us do it.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha ha, yeah, I'm biased toward the two-door. But was being friendly and pointing out to the person who said he was getting the four-door in part because of the second seat room. Didn't want him disappointed that there's basically no difference in leg room between the two.

The four-door will outsell the two-door at least 2:1. But sometimes people buy what they think they need vs. what they actually use. Like people that buy pickups but only use the bed maybe once or twice a year for something only a pickup could do. It would be cheaper to just pay for delivery those few times. :)
Good points!
I love them both and I go back and forth constantly with this battle. Iā€™m an empty nester so damn there really is no reason for the 4 door other than Iā€™m an avid camper and the cargo space would be nice. But there is something about the looks of the 2 door. Harkens back to my youth ridin around with my ole man down the gravel roads of Iowa

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the Jeep JLU does a great job with the look of the four door. The rear doors are small and I think almost hide the fact that itā€™s a four door. The Bronco door look huge. I dunno how this is considered it the 4 -dr Broncos wheelbase is shorter then the 4-dr Wrangler. What am I missing? Or is it just the photos being taken? Any one see the 4-dr in person that can say it looks much different then the photos? Iā€™m 95% going with a 2-dr but Iā€™d consider the 4-dr if it didnā€™t look so dang long.
and this is bad because...?!?!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, you're proving their point in my opinion. Nothing more odd looking than a bagged F-150. The only normalish one on the bottom does have funny proportions with just the regular cab. F-150 Supercrew looks best by far. Crew cab is too much truck not enough bed, regular cab is too much bed, not enough truck. Supercrew hits that Goldilocks zone for proportions.
Sorry I just dont like trucks with a back seat. If I wanted that I'd get a Bronco. Ohh wait :unsure:

I think 2 door regular cab long or short bed trucks look great, because they look heavy duty, light weight, and simple.

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actual sizes

525664A7-358C-4E2C-B125-2E87FE4EF2A2.jpeg
I still dont understand why the 4dr wrangler looks better than the 4dr bronco. I think maybe the Bronco is just lacking lines and sharper angles. Like the Wranglerā€™s fender flares and fender vent makes it look leaner, more athletic whereas the bronco looks chubby and rounded

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like the Wranglerā€™s fender flares and fender vent makes it look leaner, more athletic whereas the bronco looks chubby and rounded
See, I think the Bronco looks a lot more like a safari vehicle, which I think is pretty cool. I actually think the JLU looks pretty gross in that graphic, and I own a JLU lol!

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
See, I think the Bronco looks a lot more like a safari vehicle, which I think is pretty cool. I actually think the JLU looks pretty gross in that graphic, and I own a JLU lol!
Whatā€™s funny is when I was waiting for the Bronco, I thought it looked way better than the wrangler until I got my own JLU and now Iā€™m like wtf was I thinking.

Im guessing this is the same thing parents with ugly babies go through? Lol
Sponsored