Sponsored

Why doesn't First Edition Bronco have "Sport" mode?

asorkey427

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why does the Bronco First Edition not have the "Sport" mode?
Sponsored

Joe Skates

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First edition 4 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First Edition (and Badlands) get Baja mode instead of Sport mode.

They behave very similarly in my experience. You switch it to Baja mode and flip the transfer case back to 2-High and as far as I can tell it is effectively Sport mode.

You can also unlock Sport mode via Forscan if you really want it.
So Baja mode says for off-road use only and puts it in 4H. Are you saying that Baja mode, when switched to 2H is similar to sport mode (won't allow 4A, and I'm GUESSING sport mode would)? I thought First Edition was supposed to have "all" options. 😂 Not that it's a big thing, as the pick up and handling in normal mode is pretty incredible.

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just added Sport mode to my 2023 badlands with Forscan, have not had a chance to try it yet.

Forscan is not quite 2023 ready - seems Auto Start/stop doesnt disable.

Joe Skates

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First edition 4 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So Baja mode says for off-road use only and puts it in 4H. Are you saying that Baja mode, when switched to 2H is similar to sport mode (won't allow 4A, and I'm GUESSING sport mode would)? I thought First Edition was supposed to have "all" options. 😂 Not that it's a big thing, as the pick up and handling in normal mode is pretty incredible.
First Edition (and Badlands) get Baja mode instead of Sport mode.

They behave very similarly in my experience. You switch it to Baja mode and flip the transfer case back to 2-High and as far as I can tell it is effectively Sport mode.

You can also unlock Sport mode via Forscan if you really want it.
Baja mode in 2 wheel drive is definitely not the answer for sport mode. It does not do any of the things that sport mode is supposed to from what I've read, And it also says for off-road driving only even after being put in 2 wheel drive, Which tells me that they did not intend for it to be used on the road.

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're correct, because, as stated, the only mode not included on the first edition is sport mode.
Forscan allows you to add Sport mode. We did it on a friend's FE ... he said they 'like it'. I know that Sport mode and Baja mode on the Raptor drive VERY differently - Baja is more of a RACE mode, and sport helps 'spirited' driving.

The comment that No Trim gets everything is absolutely correct - the Raptor does NOT have an 'Eco' mode :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those with the FE and not wanting to mess with Forscan, you can always pick up a throttle controller. I picked up the Pedal Commander and of all my upgrades on the Bronco, it is probably my favorite.

Sponsored
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can someone explan Forscan to me like I am a newbie (I am)?

Navyicman

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can someone explan Forscan to me like I am a newbie (I am)?
Forscan is third party software that can access the modules in your Ford car and read their content. You need a special adapter to go from your computer to the OBDII port in the vehicle. It can be wired or Bluetooth.

Some modules you can modify the values to "flip a switch" digitally and turn on features that your Ford didn't ship with. The caveat is that your Ford may not have all of the hardware required to allow what option your trying to turn on. There is a spreadsheet in the Forscan and tuners forum with common values. Also a lot of good YouTube videos covering its usage out there.

You can also read the DTC codes and clear any present with Forscan like with An OBDII reader.

Just the other day, I turned on global windows close with the fob by using Forscan. My Bronco shipped with global windows open, but not close. So I fixed it. In addition I changed the rear door speakers in my wife's Bronco Sport to Kenwood 6.5 coaxials. I used forscan to change the type of speaker installed, but I also received a DTC code due to one of the speaker connections being loose. Forscan showed me the code and allow me to fixed it. I cleared the code and buttoned everything up, easy peasy........

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’ve obviously never tried sport mode.
Sport mode on my base 7mt is like enabling the secondaries on an old 4 barrel carburetor engine. Wish I could lock in on permanently. Also disables the stupid auto stop start.
If Forscan will do that I'll buy it today.
Paul

First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Forscan is third party software that can access the modules in your Ford car and read their content. You need a special adapter to go from your computer to the OBDII port in the vehicle. It can be wired or Bluetooth.
Super helpful, thank you so much!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs