Sponsored

Why don’t you use sport mode on road?

Why don’t you use sport mode on road most or all of the time?

• Total voters

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why don’t you use sport mode when driving on road? You can vote for multiple reasons.

Jason
Sponsored

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why don’t you use sport mode when driving on road? You can vote for multiple reasons.

Jason
You'll have to clarify Sport Mode with Advance 4x4 (4A Mode) or Sport Mode with part time 4x4.

Four-wheel drive auto (4A) is the default drive mode when Sport Mode is selected.​
Two-wheel drive high (2H) is the default drive mode when Sport Mode is selected.​

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since I'm always trying for good fuel economy, I won't be using whatever it is that Sport Mode is supposed to give you. I leave mine in Normal mode all the time, on road and off. It seems to work just fine for everything that I want my Bronco to do.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll have to clarify Sport Mode with Advance 4x4 (4A Mode) or Sport Mode with part time 4x4.

Four-wheel drive auto (4A) is the default drive mode when Sport Mode is selected.​
Two-wheel drive high (2H) is the default drive mode when Sport Mode is selected.​
4A and Sport Mode engages rear locker below 25 mph, not something I want on the dry paved streets.
I have 4A in a Badlands where sport mode was unlocked with ForScan. Sport mode has never engaged my rear locker.

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't use sport mode much in my WT but sure is fun when I do!

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

4A and Sport Mode engages rear locker below 25 mph, not something I want on the dry paved streets.
I have a black diamond with 4A, it doesn't engage the locker at all in sport mode

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For most of my driving, I just don’t need sport mode. But it’s fun when taking the kids around.

Frankly, eco or normal, especially with the Ford tune, is plenty punchy for getting around town. I don’t need to gun it at a light to get to dinner.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Switching to sport mode means driving the Focus RS. 😈 in all seriousness I drive everyday in normal and sometimes switch to sport. I just took the Bronco to tail of the dragon and it was a blast in sport mode! I switched it to 2H for all the turns. I drag raced the Bronco on dirt this summer and used baja mode.

20230624_202911.jpg

Sponsored

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really enjoy the increased acceleration (especially here in Memphis where it is needed for a bunch of reasons), but I mostly use it when on the freeway for shorter trips to save on the MPG.

I haven't seen anything that the rear locker engages under 25 MPH, so interested to see what if anything is actual on this.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like sport mode, but dislike that everytime I start my bronco it has to ask if i want to stay in sport and if I click yes it switches it back to 4a.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used it when I'm doing some spirited drives.

But the toque steer after a corner is terrible. I'm all over the place.

Also, switching it back to 2H doesn't have that same feel. It appears the car squads to the rear when in 4A Sport mode during hard accretion . Not so much in 2H, it stays pretty much flat.

According to the animation it stops engaging the front axle after 35MPH. but I doubt it... since I can very much feel the toque steer and the power sending it to the front.

I don't do it very often afraid its gonna wear the clutch too fast.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never even tried it. The Bronco is so quick to me in normal mode and delivers great MPG so never even thought about it.