WILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr BD Mansquatch, 1989 Bronco 2, 1996 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Normal. I have a stick shift. GOAT modes are silly marketing if you have a manual.
Couldn't disagree with you more. They're not just some gimmick. Sport mode firms up the throttle response and seems to make boost sooner (I'm assuming it changes shift strategies in the 10Spd I have a 7Speed) Eco makes it almost lazy and not build a ton of boost for economy. The biggest difference I've personally noticed is in Slippery Mode. It uses 4AUTO and makes it lazy when it comes to throttle response and boost so you don't blow the tires off driving on slippery/snowy roads like I have here in Michigan. Other modes engage lockers etc. This is just my opinion of course, but I also see your side of it because I only drive stick shifts and at first I thought "It's 4 Wheel Drive, why do all these modes exist"
Sponsored

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing other than normal that I use is Baja when I am on dirt roads because I like the throttle response and other adjustments. I manually adjust every other off road situation with hero switches.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Live a few miles from the beach so everyday it is driven, I use Sand mode. I also use Normal mode on the pavement.

For example, I took an hour cruise down the beach today before the impending cold front. Spent about 20 minutes (back/forth) in Normal mode driving there.
I've driven through trails that are primarily sand and found sand mode damn annoying. It seems to keep your revs high which is probably good for staying unstuck but terrible if you're just trying to enjoy some solitude.

I ended up ditching it and just manually engaging 4H and the rear locker. Interested to know if that bothers you at all since you spend a lot of time on the beach.

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use Sport, and not because I'm an aggressive driver -- I have a little over 900 miles on my 2.7L and have yet to exceed 2500 RPM. I use it to lock out the top two gears, since I'm running 3.73's with 33" tires. And I'm getting 20 MPG as a bonus.
I use Sport as well but l change to 2H. I dig that configuration...great power-to me it seems smoother then 4A.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've driven through trails that are primarily sand and found sand mode damn annoying. It seems to keep your revs high which is probably good for staying unstuck but terrible if you're just trying to enjoy some solitude.

I ended up ditching it and just manually engaging 4H and the rear locker. Interested to know if that bothers you at all since you spend a lot of time on the beach.
To be honest, it is annoying. But it is purposeful to keep the lower gear and rpm(s) higher so as to retain the high torque and forward momentum especially in sugar sand.

As with all modes, they are programmed based on what Ford defines as the use case. Certainly, a 4H | Rear Locker | Traction Control - Off can all be set manually. But there is no way to manually control the throttle control. Maybe one could use a mash-up of Sport mode with the above settings and use Manual gear selections to avoid the automatic upshift. But then with all that voodoo, it is easier to spin the dial towards Sand.

Now, there are some beach environments where it is hard packed or trails that don't have the sugar sand. In which case, simple 4H selection is adequate. No need to drive with the rear locker "engaged" until it is actually required.

Sponsored

diorbronco

Raptor
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Always Sport with my Braptor, the rev match is next level fun.

barracuda

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Four door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Slippery is the only useful one

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used Eco all the time when I first got the Bronco, but having to tell it to go back to Eco EVERY SINGLE TIME the engine starts, I gave up on it. That and the fact that it makes almost no difference with city driving.
I agree. I used to mostly use ECO and discovered I got better mileage using Normal. I, too, do mostly city driving.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have tried, eco, sport, desert and the usual normal, like others when using eco every time you restart, it reverts to normal if you don't select yes, kind of like the throttle in sport mode and it does not ask you if you want to revert to normal every time you restart, waiting for the opportunity to try the other options.

So when you guys play, it drive in the snow, so you lower the tire pressure?

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SPORT!

My wife lives in normal, but every time I hop in the saddle she goes into sport. I don't drive wild, but my truck has a Hemi... I gotta have the power behind the pedals.

Not to say normal doesn't get up and go as well.

Anywayyyyy. She is just fun to drive anytime any place.

Sponsored

Rdonohoe

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would prefer to use Eco more often but I usually forget to resume it, so I spend the most time in Normal.
Aaaannnnddd I wish I could find out how to get it to auto resume the mode I used last. I typically forget to hit OK to continue with previous mode. :(

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sport 100% of time unless slippery. Eco and normal feel like sludge to me

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mine is not even a month old yet but, mostly normal and a 1 day in sand, and 3 days slippery

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal. Most of the time. pedal commander, ford performance tune. Have my own custom super sport mode. The thing rips. MPG 17.5 around town.

Chaddy

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport 3.5L, 2012 Raptor 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I run normal as well. Ford tune, KN intake and charge pipe, turbo smart blow off valve, Roush exhaust, Mishimoto intercooler, and Pedal Commander. Thing hauls ass and I get right around 18 mpg with a heavy foot all the time. lol if I put it in Sport mode it’s too much, I do use the Mud/Ruts a lot when off roading.
Sponsored