First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a very discernable difference in my base 7MT between eco, normal and sport.
On the manual, all it does is re-map the pedal, theoretically stiffen the steering, and force open the engine louvers.
Sponsored

Nomadik

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Eco/normal around town. Doesn't make a huge difference just less throttle response. the more City (traffic) the driving, the more likely I'll keep it on normal. Eco all day on longer highway drives. Seems much better for gas mileage.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used slippery once in the middle of a snowstorm with roads entirely covered in 3 to 4 inches of snow with four more coming.
The reality is with a manual transmission, the utility of the modes is a bit less attractive. Still, I can see if for someone who hasn't had a four-wheel drive vehicle before and doesn't necessarily understand how lockers impact things or how they need to adjust their throttle application, well, then the modes are super valuable.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

99% Normal with MT. I used sport for a tank full and napkin math showed -3 gallons over previous fill ups. There is definitely a difference in its giddyup. Finally used slippery in the snow, worked like a champ. Even when going up a steep hill that a Mercedes couldn’t make it up. They started to reverse back down and I simply went around them without missing a beat.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a leadfoot MF'er that would like to be in Sport mode 100% of the time.
That's why I drive in Eco.

Sponsored

MaxtheMonster

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
98% in sport mode with a Pedal Comander is sport mode +5.
Big Bend 2.7 engine. Don’t remember how many Jeeps, BMW’s and others including Rams I’ve toasted 🤣. So much fun!

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still breaking my base 2dr 2.7 in with the 3.73 gearing and 30" tires. Got < 500 miles on it. So Normal is all I've used. Got 23 MPG @ 65, and 21 at 70 though on the highway (mostly), and that includes a highway climb and descent of 1400 feet. 95% highway miles.

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal on the pavement, Mud, and Ruts offroad, although I don't go looking for the mud.

CO_Lazy_Hiker

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I can remember to flip to eco that is the normal drive mode. I do wish you could change the default to start there. Have the same challenge with my F150, have to try and remember to switch to it. I do find my F150 has a lot bigger difference between ECO and Normal as compared to the Bronco. I don't know if it really changes a bunch on the bronco IMO.

I do like to use slippery mode after it snows, don't really need it but certainly makes it a bit easier to take some of the throttle response out. Helps the other half too, she doesn't have to think about it, just set it and forget it.

I think the thing I am wondering is offroad what doe people use the most... It is interesting coming from a Jeep as I am used to do more myself versus turning the knob. It is kind of interesting too what it chooses... in the jeep I wouldn't turn rear lockers on until I needed them and just about every mode past slippery locks the rear up right away. And maybe I didn;t know any better but my default was to stay in 4 high and unlocked unless I really needed it... new experience all the way around. Still dig the tech though.

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2.3L 7MT and I use normal. I've tried Eco but the handling seems wooden and sluggish. Haven't seen the need for Sport since normal is fairly responsive and I haven't had condiciones that would necessitate Slippery.

I will sat that I'm kinda shocked there's no programable mode, but it seems that cages are ~10yrs behind motorcycles in the rider mode department.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On Road: Sport mode almost exclusively other than long highway trips, where I switch over to normal & reap 25mpg. Sport makes rev matching & feathering the throttle really easy on the 7MT.

Off Road: Sport with manual selection of 4HI/4LO, Traction Off & rear locker as needed. Haven't really felt the need to use any of the other GOAT modes.

Last edited:

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if the question was worded well. I would think most everyone would use "Normal" mode most often. Maybe the question should have been what GOAT mode you use most often OTHER than "Normal".

That is how I answered it.

Living in Portland, I put my Bronco into Slippery mode just about every day right now. But in the summer it was 100% in Normal.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the manual, all it does is re-map the pedal, theoretically stiffen the steering, and force open the engine louvers.
Nope. The boost comes on a lot quicker in sport, seems to be the greatest difference. In eco the boost is choked back, to the point where you really have to stick your foot in it. It feels laggy and lazy. Normal is fine. Sport is a hoot. Sport on premium makes a person wonder why Ford bothered with the v6.

One who waits long time

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Road Glide Ultra, Fat Boy, Beta 500 R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried every mode? Have you always left it in normal?

Jason
My opinion is that the GOAT modes are a waste. I would rather be able to pick my own settings without the extra steps. 2.7, auto badlands, sas
Sponsored