Sponsored

Why does Ford bother giving us trackers?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hahah. early res here, no tracker, info, anything. i'd LOVE to hear anything or get shitty tracking info that my bronco is built

you ordered a wt (most constraits). late res. and you are upset about tracking.

it could be better but i don't think you're going to get much sympathy, there are thousands with a less constrained build waiting for anything let alone tracking.
Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moving partially finished cars to lots is not exclusive to Ford. Mercedes used the old mall in Birmingham, AL to park about 2000 GLE suvs around two years ago. They sat there in the abandoned mall parking lot for 6 months at least.

Aaeros

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got an email that my build week was pushed back to 2/14, though the backdoor link still shows 2/7. Seems the trackers aren't being updated like the use to.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I understand that the tracking has not worked well BUT please consider this ... Ford has never had tracking online.

Dealers using their systems could track your build (preview, build week, build day, etc.) BUT this whole online tracking is NEW. I think when Ford decided to do reservations they also decided to do online tracking of those reservations. Clearly Ford is experimenting with this. Perhaps they are slowly going away from the dealership model.

BTW .. when Ford provided online tracking for the Bronco, they also turned it on for the GEN3 Raptor, Mach E and soon the Lightning and most likely other vehicles.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
when did you get your email updating your build week?

I am also schedule for 2/7 with a build day of 2/8 but my online window sticker is unavailable

I got an email that my build week was pushed back to 2/14, though the backdoor link still shows 2/7. Seems the trackers aren't being updated like the use to.

Sponsored

Cohiba

Outer Banks
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm a 10/23/21 order (2d OBX, LUX). Got a vin # around thanksgiving, moved to in production 1/14 with projected delivery dates of 2/2 then 2/28 then 2/10. All acceptable outcomes. Then this week it switched to MAY FRIGGING THIRD. 5/3 I have no idea what QA or supply issue it hit to delay the car 90 days, but I'm butt-hurt and calling the dealer with questions. Any tips or coaching would be appreciated.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When your Bronco is delivered after 3 months in a field, make sure you ask the dealer to put it up on a lift so you can inspect for rodent damage (if you are comfortable with making that assessment). Lots of problems are possible with 3 months of lot-rot this time of year in Michigan. Brake rotors rusted to the point they won't clean up with normal use, leaks, environmental damage to the paint and top, etc. This really is a bad move by Ford just to make production numbers.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company is trying to hard to copy Tesla. Unfortunately for them and the reservation holders, they’re getting egg on their face doing it.
I'd say they're doing pretty good. When was the cyber truck promised? Latest now is maybe next year...??? Point is Tesla doesn't exactly have stellar communication.

Lets not forget Full Self Driving, 9 times it was promised and 9 times it's showed up as vapor ware. But Elon swears by the end of this year.

Aaeros

Wildtrak
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
when did you get your email updating your build week?

I am also schedule for 2/7 with a build day of 2/8 but my online window sticker is unavailable
I got an email late Saturday evening. The link shows a build week of 2/7/22 but the email I got said it was pushed back to 2/14/22.

MikeD

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco was built on 1/19 and showed delivery date of 2/15, today that changed to 5/16. I’m not going to get angry as all I can do is wait.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Wildtrak.
21/22 Conversion
Original Res 10/26/20
Ordered 1/26/21
Re ordered 10/08/21
Batch # 1/25/22

Today I finally received an expected delivery date. I only JUST received my window sticker within the last week, and have been in production for 3 weeks. It said delivery of 2/08/22. Fantastic. Only to change within 5 hours to 5/09/22. Why does ford even bother with this tracker? Pitch the whole damn program and have the dealer contact their customer base. I’m so fed up with misleading production news, completely false PSA’s, and disingenuous apologies for delays.

I genuinely have nothing positive to say about how FMC handled these production hurdles. Just tell us where the trucks are. I’d rather know the exact issue within a week in lieu of some obscure press release 6 weeks after the fact.

I’m no automotive giant, but why would you ever build any truck if all the parts weren’t available on site? Why does my truck get to sit in the rot lot for 3 months? These are genuine questions for anyone who has the answer.
The problem isn’t Ford. It’s the public.

As someone who works in manufacturing, most people do not understand the the sourcing and quality issues we are facing. Literally springs are getting pushed out 3 months because suppliers can’t get material. Parts we’ve never had issues with are coming up out of spec because we the entire industry is training new people how to manufacture parts. A lot of people retired and others found work outside of manufacturing. Also with Covid w we are having capacity issues at suppliers again.

If the parts come in bad often the entire lot can be bad and has to be scrapped out. For parts that aren’t high demand like maybe the BO Bar they probably planned to build a lot of Broncos all with that item, it didn’t arrive before installation so your build is incomplete. They can either sit on it until May when the bar comes in and have capital tied up in WIP or they can ship it to the next person whose order it matches and your order is pushed to the next delivery of BO Bars. With the VIN situation it’s probably the former, it’ll sit until they can fix the problem or the constraint.

Same thing if it fails a test. Maybe they ran tests on the engine or suspension and something didn’t pass. Now it needs reworked or replaced. You have to wait for good quality.

Everyone wants to know when it’ll ship. It’ll ship when it ships.
Sponsored