Sponsored

Why does Ford have to send out that damn email?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered my Wildtrak 3/7/22 and have happily been living my life all year long without even thinking about it. I just accepted that I wouldn’t see this thing until Jan or Feb 2023. So put it out of my head.

Then, yesterday, I get an email from Ford saying my vehicle is scheduled for production on 11/21/2023.

REALLY!?!?!? What kind of sick psycho does a thing like that? Taunting a valued customer in this fashion? It’s sadistic, I tells ya!!

Now, all I can think about is that damn Bronco. I’m reading page after page on this forum. Browsing accessories. Planning my build. I even signed up for that Off-Roadeo event that I swore I didn’t need.

I can’t sleep. Barely eat. Neglecting my husbandly duties with the wife. Even the dog is wondering why I’m not playing with her anymore.

The thing is - I know it will probably still be January before I see it. Nothing has really changed. But Ford just couldn’t let it slide. Noooooo. Had to wave that steak in front of a starving man. Bastards!

So - quick survey: “To know? Or to be surprised?“ Which would you prefer?

Do you want emails taunting you with every little step in the process ? Or would you prefer just getting a phone call one morning saying “your Bronco’s here - when can you come pick it up?”

In case you couldn’t tell….I’m of the latter group.
Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my Wildtrak 3/7/22 and have happily been living my life all year long without even thinking about it. I just accepted that I wouldn’t see this thing until Jan or Feb 2023. So put it out of my head.

Then, yesterday, I get an email from Ford saying my vehicle is scheduled for production on 11/21/2023.

REALLY!?!?!? What kind of sick psycho does a thing like that? Taunting a valued customer in this fashion? It’s sadistic, I tells ya!!
Don't worry, I didn't hear anything for about six months, then I got an email with a vin, and a build week of 3 Oct...changed to the week of 10 Oct (Columbus Day)...changed to build date of 15 Oct (Saturday)...now Monday 17 Oct....
Your mileage will vary...

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Poor baby. Getting your wildtrak build date 8 months from ordering. Your sarcastic post is going to fall pretty flat with crowd that has been waiting for 800 days since reservation and 18+ months since ordering.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah, but the really big frustration is yet to come. Between now and your scheduled build date, you will receive 2 or more "...now re-scheduled to..." emails.......do not hold your breath!

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now, all I can think about is that damn Bronco. I’m reading page after page on this forum. Browsing accessories. Planning my build. I even signed up for that Off-Roadeo event that I swore I didn’t need.

I can’t sleep. Barely eat. Neglecting my husbandly duties with the wife. Even the dog is wondering why I’m not playing with her anymore.

The thing is - I know it will probably still be January before I see it. Nothing has really changed. But Ford just couldn’t let it slide. Noooooo. Had to wave that steak in front of a starving man. Bastards!

Do you want emails taunting you with every little step in the process ? Or would you prefer just getting a phone call one morning saying “your Bronco’s here - when can you come pick it up?”

I feel the same. Well except the Off Roadeo. I had knee surgery in August so I was content to wait. I had a 2022 Cyber Orange ordered. Which they discontinued. 2 weeks earlier and I could have gotten it. Dammit. Good thing I like eruption green as well. I am hoping for a Merry Christmas, which of course they will let me down and Ford can kick me in the nads again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Poor baby. Getting your wildtrak build date 8 months from ordering. Your sarcastic post is going to fall pretty flat with crowd that has been waiting for 800 days since reservation and 18+ months since ordering.
Why is that?

It’s not like I’m Henry Ford’s great great nephew or anything like that. I’m just a schmoe who got a hair up my ass and walked into my local Ford dealer one day and bought a $60k car that I knew I couldn’t drive for a year. Like everybody else.

But @Sparkherd has a point. There is no guarantee that my vehicle will actually be built at the end of November. So 10 months from now I might be just as bitter as you over this experience..

That’s when you’ll REALLY start seeing me be “sarcastic”

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol you waited all this time to start getting serious? You won bronco bingo after barely playing the game and you're looking for something to complain about?

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know you’re making a joke and attempting to be funny but you’re getting yours in under a year. I waited over 17 months for mine. Most are still waiting. Mine was also delivered in less than a month after the build email. 9/16 build week I think and delivered 10/5, five days before their estimated date of 10/10.
Honestly, I gave up caring anymore after a while. I couldn’t be happier now that it’s here but Ford really fucked all the excitement out of it for me.
To answer your question I would have preferred @Ford Motor Company been honest up front and never have changed the rules. Then they should have been more transparent as to why they continued to build model after model with all the “constraints” they didn’t have to build mine.
Don’t worry though, once you get your build week email and vin, you won’t hear from them again until it is sitting on the dealer’s lot.
So besides all the stupid rodeo emails I think I got exactly four emails from Ford. 1. Order confirmation, 2. Build week 3. Vin # 4. It’s here.
Congrats on getting your order pulled though!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't anger the Bronco Gods.

Line got shut down for two weeks when mine was being built.

Everyone who was built in couple of weeks before the shutdown went straight onto snow/mud mountain for a few months.

Not to mention the people who showed up to their dealership and were told theirs was sold or $20K markup.

Until it is in your driveway . . .

Ford Bronco Why does Ford have to send out that damn email? b037fbb8-d33f-44c8-b80c-b5d1a097fa30_text

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’ve only been waiting 415 days as of today and still no build date. I now have to pay for a bumper that was standard when I ordered, and the color that I have been committed to for two model years has been deleted. So I get to pay $60K for a vehicle in my distant second favorite color. But yeah…WOW! Getting emails about how your 6 month old order being built. That must be rough.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@nrlucas did you not have price protection? If so, how could they charge you for the bumper?

I too lost out on the Cyber Orange color. Bit of a bummer but not a deal breaker for me. If I was ordering today (and the color was still available) I would NOT pick it. Oh I still like it - but over the past year I’ve been seeing way too many CO Broncos driving around town. I prefer to stand out in a crowd and it appears CO was a wicked popular color choice.

Which begs the question: “if it was so popular, why did Ford discontinue it?” Probably a supply issue I would imagine.

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@nrlucas did you not have price protection? If so, how could they charge you for the bumper?

I too lost out on the Cyber Orange color. Bit of a bummer but not a deal breaker for me. If I was ordering today (and the color was still available) I would NOT pick it. Oh I still like it - but over the past year I’ve been seeing way too many CO Broncos driving around town. I prefer to stand out in a crowd and it appears CO was a wicked popular color choice.

Which begs the question: “if it was so popular, why did Ford discontinue it?” Probably a supply issue I would imagine.
I didn’t reserve and order until August 2021. They set March 19th as the cutoff date for price protection. This fact was not disclosed to me either on the reservation website nor when I went in and converted in person. To me, it’s cut and dry. Both res and order say 2021…I should have 2021 price protection.

I still want CO more than anything. Around here, it’s mostly Cactus Gray, A51, and a smattering of Eruption Green. HPR is my reorder color and I hope I like it. Can’t find one to see in person and I know how hard it is to get the orange pearl on HPR to show up.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Around here, it’s mostly Cactus Gray, A51, and a smattering of Eruption Green.
💯! Area 51 broncos are about as common in metro Detroit as white minivans at this point. I saw 6-8 broncos driving around yesterday. All but one of them was A51, with the other being cactus gray. Glad I saw the writing on the wall with these “flavor of the week” colors and ordered shadow black. Never thought black would be the “unique” color choice. 😂

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got the scheduled, the in production and then the built awaiting shipment. Awaiting shipment is taking for ever. Never did get the picture coming off the line like many did. Expected delivery is 21~27 October.
Sponsored