Sponsored

Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn‘t want my bronco lifted as it’s an everyday driver and I needed max gas mileage… so I actually like the look of the tires it came with. That being said I see tons of posts of people wanting to sell the oem and not being able to get much for them because none of you want them.

Questions - why don’t people like them?

When I need new tires I should probably look to buy some from all of you that want to ditch them rather than pay $1,200 at a tire store, correct?

Thank you for input.
Also worth noting is different rims or spacers are needed to jump to 35's, which is pretty common. I wasn't a fan of any of the OEM rims until the Everglades were released, to me they look better than 98% of after-market rims people "upgraded" to.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought pics of the sas wheels looked goofy and planned on blacking out the rings until I got mine in person and thought they looked great.

Despite the love they get on here, I wasn't a fan of the BD steelies and my original plan was to swap wheels, tires, suspension as soon as my stock BD arrived, but after penciling it out, it just made way more sense to go with Sas from factory.

I do pick up gravel and have a couple chips. I added Zroadz rails and that cut down 98% of the rocks against paint. Some water/mud splashing still gets on the paint through the gap, but rocks seem to be thrown against the rails and I can hear them working when I get up to speed.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True. But as you can see I don’t have full contact so larger ones are needed when OEMs wear out.

IMG_4782.jpeg
I absolutely hate printers. This is super satisfying.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn‘t want my bronco lifted as it’s an everyday driver and I needed max gas mileage… so I actually like the look of the tires it came with. That being said I see tons of posts of people wanting to sell the oem and not being able to get much for them because none of you want them.

When I need new tires I should probably look to buy some from all of you that want to ditch them rather than pay $1,200 at a tire store, correct?

Thank you for input.
I bought a Base mode, I was tired of it looking like a mail truck. When I bought it I knew right off the bat I wasn't keeping those rims. I'm really happy with the way it looks now.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a Badlands with SAS. If I could do it all over again I would not get the SAS. Ford makes it sound like your getting all these glorious awesome upgrades but in reality it's all junk! Shocks are junk! Tires are junk! I would rather put all reputable quality after market rims tires and shocks!
Huge profit for Ford. They all come with gears, wheels, tires and shocks. You just get different ones. They charge like like a Bronco didn’t come with any of it. Paying for SAS on a Badlands is even worse.

Sponsored

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the look of the black steelies on my non sas BD. Loved the traction of the factory grabbers as well but replaced the tires at 20k miles due to the sidewalls not holding up well against the rocks in my area. I would honestly like a lighter wheel but worry I’ll be afraid of damaging an alloy off road. The black steelies look good wrapped in a bigger tire anyway lol.
Ford Bronco Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels? IMG_4496

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because they are garbage P-rated minivan tires that will puncture at the sight of a twig, rock, or cholla spine.

Also mine are Bridgestones, which means they are Firestones, and I still haven't forgiven those bastards for the Wilderness HT tires that lasted less than 1000 miles on my Ranger.

But to your point, tires are expensive. I'm going to try to get the most out of mine before I swap them to a decent C rated tire. Either Coopers or Generals.

Different Broncos come with different tires though. The Generals on the Black Diamond are (IMO) by far the best. The BD also had the best rims until this year.

Edit to add: Factory Rubber is always picked by the bean-counters for low cost and soft ride, not performance. The odds of me replacing ANY vehicle tires with what the factory picked are zero.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shoot, even Ford hates them. That’s why they started selling Methods and added a few more options. 🤣

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most important thing is that your tires are aired up.. My BFGs are down 5 psi in the 10 to -10 temperatures.. Check again when you warms up significantly.. On-board air is helpful !
🤓

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love this thread.
The stock wheels for the non-sas BL are what originally sucked me in. They reminded me of my old 2DR 04’ Wrangler Rubicon wheels that I kept through all the mods.
The original 33’s now have 45k on them and aside from out-of-balance noise with the KO2’s, I’ve liked how they ride and otherwise perform. I’m seriously shopping the next tires and added the Borne 1.4 spacers for good measure.
Wondering aloud if anyone is running Mickey Thompson Legends?

IMG_2138.png

IMG_2122.png

IMG_2136.png

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my SAS wheels, and the tires so far have been fine in the snow, and off-roading, and rocks

, Id consider getting different ones when its time, but not gonna run out tomorrow.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because they are garbage P-rated minivan tires that will puncture at the sight of a twig, rock, or cholla spine.

Also mine are Bridgestones, which means they are Firestones, and I still haven't forgiven those bastards for the Wilderness HT tires that lasted less than 1000 miles on my Ranger.

But to your point, tires are expensive. I'm going to try to get the most out of mine before I swap them to a decent C rated tire. Either Coopers or Generals.

Different Broncos come with different tires though. The Generals on the Black Diamond are (IMO) by far the best. The BD also had the best rims until this year.

Edit to add: Factory Rubber is always picked by the bean-counters for low cost and soft ride, not performance. The odds of me replacing ANY vehicle tires with what the factory picked are zero.
I agree that traction wise the grabbers are a great tire, just not very puncture resistant with delicate sidewalls.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you get SAS, the tires are too small for serious off-roading. Need bigger and tougher tires, and new wheels to fit the tires. For wheels I think the Sasquatch and Badlands wheels are ok but many aftermarket wheels are much nicer.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always love the look of factory wheels with fat meaty tires. Better than any aftermarket wheel if I do say so myself and I did say so myself.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I kept my steelies, I really like them. The OEM wheel/tire combo made my sister remark "Your truck missed leg day at the gym. It looks unsure of itself". I had already planned on the replacements I have while waiting for the truck to be built.
Sponsored