First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've read it had something to do with key interference at gas stations. I think it happened to me once in my garage

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it might have something to do with battery level/voltage? Did you get a notification on ford pass app? I did once saying it was shutting certain things down until charging was done/ vehicle driven for a bit. Or along those lines. It was back in like February.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I was to Toronto and Cambridge and back home... No gas stations or post offices. It even did it when I parked my car at home 🤷
One of the times, it gave me a "key not detected" error but never failed to start. Maybe just battery.
Nothing showing up in the App

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine had this happen once at a gas station too. it was bizarre. I opened the door with the key instead and then when i got in it started right up

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it is anything like my '13 Focus, if the key is not detected when you shut the car off, you have 10 seconds to restart the vehicle. Pop a fresh battery in your fob and see if it does the same thing.
My key fobs barely last 8-10 months, and that's with me never using any of the buttons. If you are button heavy, I'd imagine its more like 4-6 months. Or it could be a receiver antenna issue. Place the fob in it's socket and run the same test. If it still says it with the fob in the console, I'd guess antenna/socket issue. But I don't have my Bronco yet, so not sure of the similarities/differences in the IA systems.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
If it is anything like my '13 Focus, if the key is not detected when you shut the car off, you have 10 seconds to restart the vehicle. Pop a fresh battery in your fob and see if it does the same thing.
My key fobs barely last 8-10 months, and that's with me never using any of the buttons. If you are button heavy, I'd imagine its more like 4-6 months. Or it could be a receiver antenna issue. Place the fob in it's socket and run the same test. If it still says it with the fob in the console, I'd guess antenna/socket issue. But I don't have my Bronco yet, so not sure of the similarities/differences in the IA systems.
Oh, I get it... Just so you're not stranded, it let's you know and gives you a minute to restart just in case....? 👍

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty much. It's just a grace period in case you genuinely left your keys at home or a gas station.

It can occur if your key is too close to a phone or in your left pocket. The antennae only has a range of 3 feet or so.

If you're confident you have your key, you can safely ignore the message. I get it maybe 1:20 times with my Flex

Aschmurf

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jaguar XK-R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2014 Jag does the same thing (Ford FOB with Jaguar logo stuck on it). Just cycle power and it should be fine. It's a RFI communication error with the FOB. nothing to worry about.

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WTF.... I had the same batteries in my JK fob for 5 years and that had a remote start. My H3 is going on 7 years since replace I had to replace the fob cause the plastic broke that holds the fob to key ring, battery as still ok but replaced anyway

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WTF.... I had the same batteries in my JK fob for 5 years and that had a remote start. My H3 is going on 7 years since replace I had to replace the fob cause the plastic broke that holds the fob to key ring, battery as still ok but replaced anyway
Mine have lasted roughly 3-4 years in other Ford products

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just had this happen tonight. Turned off my Bronco then got the message.
Wondering if it'll happen again.
Sponsored