Sponsored

Why no nuts on the extra two positive battery post?

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well as the title states, why are there no nuts on the extra two positive battery post? I am wanting to add a few things to my BL. I need to go to the battery for a set of jumper cables to a quick connect Anderson connector. I popped the hood unlock the positive side cover and discover two extra post with no nuts. No problem I head to my dealer and try and order them. They said there are no nuts available and they could order them but they don't show anywhere in the country. I know they are M6x 1.0 pt. Now I have to find some. Just not sure why you would put extra post for accessories and not include the nuts. All done complaining now(-;
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know, but that doesn't bother me if I'm being honest.

What DOES bother me is one of posts/studs (the one closest to the engine) is a M5x0.8. The other one closer to the fender is an M6x1.0.

Why?? I have no idea.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

$

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just go to any Lowes or Home Depot and buy some flanged nuts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know, but that doesn't bother me if I'm being honest.

What DOES bother me is one of posts/studs (the one closest to the engine) is a M5x0.8. The other one closer to the fender is an M6x1.0.

Why?? I have no idea.
Now I am going to go out and look at that. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. Saves money. Ford isn’t connecting anything to it.
Even if Ford had put nuts on there then there'd be people complaining "Why weren't they WING nuts?!?" . . . unless, of course, they WERE wing nuts in which case people would complain that they weren't standard nuts. 🤷‍♀️

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even if Ford had put nuts on there then there'd be people complaining "Why weren't they WING nuts?!?" . . . unless, of course, they WERE wing nuts in which case people would complain that they weren't standard nuts. 🤷‍♀️
It's not the nuts that bother me, it's the metric threaded posts.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just go to any Lowes or Home Depot and buy some flanged nuts.
My personal experience on that: Neither Lowes nor Home Depot had M5 flanged nuts.

Lowes didn't have M6 flanged nuts either. Home Depot did have M6 flanged nuts but you could only buy them in a package of 20 for $25... OR... you could order it online in a package of two and wait a week for it to arrive. 😒

Following day I stopped by my locally-owned Ace hardware store. They had both M5 and M6 flange nuts, I only needed to buy one of each, and it cost me under $1. In general they had a FAR greater selection of metric fasteners than both Lowes or Home Depot did, which is awesome since everything on the Bronco (and most vehicles for the past 2-3 decades) is metric.

So if you can't find it at the big box stores, check out your locally owned Ace, True Value, or fully independent hardware store. The little guys sometimes get it right. (y)

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you elect to add two nuts to your Bronco, it basically becomes trans, and in TN, that's a no-no...:ROFLMAO:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's not the nuts that bother me, it's the metric threaded posts.
It's probably better that your metric threaded post bothers you and not your nuts!

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My personal experience on that: Neither Lowes nor Home Depot had M5 flanged nuts.

Lowes didn't have M6 flanged nuts either. Home Depot did have M6 flanged nuts but you could only buy them in a package of 20 for $25... OR... you could order it online in a package of two and wait a week for it to arrive. 😒

Following day I stopped by my locally-owned Ace hardware store. They had both M5 and M6 flange nuts, I only needed to buy one of each, and it cost me under $1. In general they had a FAR greater selection of metric fasteners than both Lowes or Home Depot did, which is awesome since everything on the Bronco (and most vehicles for the past 2-3 decades) is metric.

So if you can't find it at the big box stores, check out your locally owned Ace, True Value, or fully independent hardware store. The little guys sometimes get it right. (y)
This all day. I ALWAYS go to Tru Value for hardware for this exact reason. They have a way better selection, especially for metric, and I don't have to buy 50 of them. Just bought some bolts and spacers there for my fishing rod rack mounted to the inside of my hard top (photos coming soon!)
Sponsored