Sponsored

Why no nuts on the extra two positive battery post?

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to test it either. It would be nice to know. I'm only guessing at this point. ;)
Just put the windows down a little before you start towing, not enough to let rain and crap in but enough to clear the weather strip. Get something like this to stop any water from getting in. Rain Guard
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just thought is was kind of lame for them not to include them.
Ford only put one tow "hook" in the back but two in the front, even though everything else including the bolts are there. I can't see complaining about a couple of missing nuts that would cost less than a buck for both at the local hardware store.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford only put one tow "hook" in the back but two in the front, even though everything else including the bolts are there. I can't see complaining about a couple of missing nuts that would cost less than a buck for both at the local hardware store.
On my Badlands I have two tow hooks on the back. As for the complaining I am over it. I will hit the hardware store near me and get the two different sizes I need. I have been referring a home HVAC tech and a Tech support person for Eco bee. Seems one says the home wire is bad the other says the T-stat is bad. So I stepped in and did this. Now I know the Eco Bee is bad.
Ford Bronco Why no nuts on the extra two positive battery post? IMG_5421.JPG

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just put the windows down a little before you start towing, not enough to let rain and crap in but enough to clear the weather strip. Get something like this to stop any water from getting in. Rain Guard
Thanks! That might mess up the aerodynamics :)

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great, thanks. I want the Andersen connector outside for external jumping the Bronco if I can't get into it to open the hood (I'm assuming that you can't open the doors if the windows don't move even if you use the key).
The doors will open without the windows dropping.

Sponsored

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The doors will open without the windows dropping.
Thanks, good to know. Eliminates one concern with flat towing. Need to get deeper into the flat towing process. I've heard something about needing to pull a fuse because of the electric brake booster, vaguely recall issues but need to do some research. Dealer knows nothing about it.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well as the title states, why are there no nuts on the extra two positive battery post? I am wanting to add a few things to my BL. I need to go to the battery for a set of jumper cables to a quick connect Anderson connector. I popped the hood unlock the positive side cover and discover two extra post with no nuts. No problem I head to my dealer and try and order them. They said there are no nuts available and they could order them but they don't show anywhere in the country. I know they are M6x 1.0 pt. Now I have to find some. Just not sure why you would put extra post for accessories and not include the nuts. All done complaining now(-;
2 words for ya on why….bean counters.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...And you'll stretch out and possibly damage the rubber seals at the top if you open a door with the window still up all the way.
No you won't. How are you going to open your hood if your battery goes dead?

And besides the windows don't drop until the door starts opening anyway. Go out and slowly open your door, you'll see what I mean.
Sponsored

Last edited: