NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
First thing to pop-up, January 2018 press release for the F150, orders would start mid-January and deliveries in the spring:

"DEARBORN, Mich.,Jan. 8, 2018– Full-size diesel truck fans have reason to celebrate this year as Ford– America’s truck sales leader– delivers the first-ever F-150 Power Stroke diesel with a targeted EPA-estimated 30 mpg highway rating, a best-in-class 11,400 pounds of towing capacity and 2,020 pounds of payload capacity, plus best-in-class diesel 250 horsepower and 440 lb.-ft.of torque."

We've all been talking about the Jeep 4xe, "Wrangler 4xe’s advanced turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, two electric motors and robust TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission combine to deliver an estimated 50 MPGe"

It's the norm.
Perhaps so, the estimates will likely be out soon but I’m sure the manufacturer wants to be certain the estimates are kosher prior to release.

You mention above there is a federal investigation into the methods Ford used for F-150 and Ranger estimates - I’m sure they would prefer not to add the Bronco to that.

I just don’t think it’s a big deal for the Bronco purchase, look at the Wrangler, look at the 4Runner, engine be damned your average MPG isn’t going to change much when your a heavy off-road truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Manufacturers historically do not release MPG data until the vehicle is produced. You won't see MPG data until the production vehicles roll off the assembly line. Was the same for the Bronco Sport.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can manipulate my F150 5 mpg by fuel and or mode. I can make it really bad if I put it in sport mode and drive it like my mustang. IMO with the 2.7 4 door bronco on 33s, 19 highway is doable we will see, the fun part is whether you decide to run 87 or 93 fuel.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go by Fuelly estimates.

My experience with the 2.7L was 17MPG mixed driving and 21-22 as high as 23 on the highway. Which is worse than the 5.3L V8 Chevy of the same year fwiw.
Wow, that's way lower than what i experienced on my 2.7 f150. I got 20ish mixed driving (sometimes high 19s, sometimes high 20s-depending on how heavy my foot was) and 22-23 highway. I once got 24.7 mpg on a tank- all relatively flat highway miles. The only way i got down around 17 was if i was towing.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's going to be better than any of the V8's or V10 in my driveway (my 2.7 is going to be the smallest engine I've ever owned). For me "it is what it is".

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that's way lower than what i experienced on my 2.7 f150. I got 20ish mixed driving (sometimes high 19s, sometimes high 20s-depending on how heavy my foot was) and 22-23 highway. I once got 24.7 mpg on a tank- all relatively flat highway miles. The only way i got down around 17 was if i was towing.
Dependent on the truck and drive style, most of my driving was highway so 21-22 is what I typically saw. That truck blew a turbo about 1,000 miles from home and I stopped putting up with it after that and had work get me something else.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21MY F-150 numbers were not published by Ford until October with the vehicle on sale in November. You will find numbers for the Bronco in late April, or May when the vehicle goes on sale in June. You will first see it on the EPA site as it always seems to leak there first.

Ford published the estimated MPG of the diesel F-150 when they released that engine as they were trying to target the same or better MPG of the Ram Diesel that was released but not for sale as it no longer met emissions requirements.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still don’t understand why we get smaller engines if the MPG doesn’t improve.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If mpg is of any concern to you or has any bearing on your decision to purchase, you are not only looking at the wrong vehicle, you’re shopping in the wrong segment of vehicles. 😁

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don’t understand why we get smaller engines if the MPG doesn’t improve.
That's like wondering why a petite person's fart smells just as bad as a 400-pounder's... It's not just the displacement.

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manufacturers historically do not release MPG data until the vehicle is produced. You won't see MPG data until the production vehicles roll off the assembly line. Was the same for the Bronco Sport.
They publish "expected" mpg all the time. It's part of the marketing tool/kit.
Sponsored