Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am with you, I had the 3.5 Eco in my F-150 and easily got 17.5 with about 80% around town and 20% highway. My wife's 2019 Expy gets 17 as well. Easily 20-21 on the highway. I expect the 2.7 to get better as they are all boxy toaster shapes going down the road.
Heavy “35s” will also hurt the bronco mileage. 15city, 18 highway for 4 dr 2.7 sasquatch.
Sponsored

ttaylor667

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ttaylor667 your question was "who cares". I think we all got that you don't care. The person that cares is the person that posted directly before you.
It doesn't take the mentality of a rocket scientist to understand that when buying a 4WD vehicle with big tires, one does not expect to get 30 mpg. If you want 30+ mpg buy a prius. If you want a "4wd" that gets 30+ mpg, the prius is available in AWD. My suggestion is that you start a poll and find out exactly who cares.

BTW, I checked again....I still don't care

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The estimated mpg was released at least back in October, maybe earlier. Production didn't really start until November. Yes, there were some made prior, but production units didn't start until 4th quarter, when estimated mpg came out.

Edited to add: estimated mpg for the BS came out much earlier than I thought, at least back in July 2020 (per C&D)
They can estimate all they want. Until it's made official, that's all it is. I don't recall ever seeing official numbers until sale time. That's just one more thing to feed the competition.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go by Fuelly estimates.

My experience with the 2.7L was 17MPG mixed driving and 21-22 as high as 23 on the highway. Which is worse than the 5.3L V8 Chevy of the same year fwiw.
Yep, that's no better than the 5.7L Hemi in my Durango R/T. Personally I'd take the exhaust rumble and reduced mechanical complexity of a V8 any day over a dual-turbo 6 cyl if MPG is the same. :(

Personally I'm worried because the Biden administration will certainly try to force people to electric by making gasoline power as economically painful as possible for the consumer. $4/gal gas on the horizon again?

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't take the mentality of a rocket scientist to understand that when buying a 4WD vehicle with big tires, one does not expect to get 30 mpg. If you want 30+ mpg buy a prius. If you want a "4wd" that gets 30+ mpg, the prius is available in AWD. My suggestion is that you start a poll and find out exactly who cares.

BTW, I checked again....I still don't care
Guesss what? No one cares that you dont care. I care that my brain wasted seconds of my life accidentally reading anything from your useless posts and further hate myself that I wasted another 30 seconds writing this. I feel better now, guess I was "triggered."

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll stick with 16-19 or 17-20 for Sasquatch BL with 2.7L
and 18-21 or 19-22 for Stock BL with 2.7L

I definitely care about mileage as it's just a pain to carry enough fuel. Who wants to carry 15-20g of gas for every long day. If we can get 19-20 (or more) on normal dirt roads (not rock crawling) that gives the 2dr 300 plus miles to work with before we need to add gas. Decent not great but good enough to get by with to carry say 5-6 gallons extra most of the time.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guesss what? No one cares that you dont care. I care that my brain wasted seconds of my life accidentally reading anything from your useless posts and further hate myself that I wasted another 30 seconds writing this. I feel better now, guess I was "triggered."
I read the entire thread, so what few brain cells I had left are now gone.

JBoi-ET

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4/ Expy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not a rocket scientist but I have a 4WD with decent size tires and expect decent MPG. I have a '19 Sierra AT4 w/ the 6.2 and have averaged over 22 MPG on a 500 mile drive from here in South Florida to GA for a wedding. Went on a 250 mile round trip to Duck key yesterday and averaged over 24MPG. My daily round trip for work is 70 miles, 80/20 - Highway/City, and average between 18 & 19 MPG. MPG matters to me as well and would definitely choose to keep my 6.2 if the Bronco is less than 20 mpg on average.

Last edited:

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Remember when Ford wanted to call their direct injected and turbo engines "TwinForce?"

They should really be named Eco/Boost because you cannot have both at the same time.

The 2021 Ranger's fuel economy is marketed with "up to 21mpg city and 26mpg highway". You can be sure that is for a 2wd XL extended cab.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would estimate that the 2.3L Bronco will be rated 18mpg city and 22mpg highway. The manual will be rated for less.

My WAG on the 2.7L Bronco is that it will be rated 1mpg better on both city and highway than a 2wd, extended cab, short bed XL F150 with the same engine.

My current truck (2015 Ram 1500 Express, 2wd, single cab short bed with the 8 speed and Hemi) gets about 17mpg combined. I have a 55 mile per day commute that is about 80/20 highway/city. I have a HemiFever 91 octane performance tune that increased the fuel economy by about 1.5mpg over stock.

I'd be happy if the basemansquatch I want gets 18mpg combined.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If mpg is of any concern to you or has any bearing on your decision to purchase, you are not only looking at the wrong vehicle, you’re shopping in the wrong segment of vehicles. 😁
Point taken that MPG shouldn't be a primary factor, but there are plenty of reasons why it is a factor beyond the thinking people assume here.

Take range, for example. Many people are wondering what the range will be. We know the fuel tank sizes, so MPG is the remaining part of the equation.

Also, there are some of us that don't have the luxury of having a Bronco only as a spare weekend toy. As a daily driver, a few MPGs difference can add up. No, gas mileage isn't in the top of my priorities for the Bronco, but it would be nice to know, especially in different configurations.

The the OP's original question, I wouldn't expect to hear any numbers until about 1-2 months before they start being delivered. Doubtful before ordering is closed and an outside chance near the start of production.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need a beer or ten after reading this

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not a rocket scientist but I have a 4WD with decent size tires and expect decent MPG. I have a '19 Sierra AT4 w/ the 6.2 and have averaged over 22 MPG on a 500 mile drive from here in South Florida to GA for a wedding. Went on a 250 mile round trip to Duck key yesterday and averaged over 24MPG. My daily round trip for work is 70 miles, 80/20 - Highway/City, and average between 18 & 19 MPG. MPG matters to me as well and would definitely choose to keep my 6.2 if the Bronco is less than 20 mpg on average.
Not looking good if you're expecting 20 MPG combined/average out of the Bronco, especially if you're getting a Badlands or Sasquatch. Unless your Sierra is on 33"/35" tires and really short gears (4.30 or above), get ready to whack 2-3 MPG right off of each MPG figure for the Bronco if you're using that Sierra as a baseline.