Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Original poster here. Not that anyone reads follow on posts on page 3 but thought I would reply anyway.

I should have noted that we aren't actively car shopping or anything. Have another year or two before we are ready to buy. We haven't test drove a four runner recently and have no doubt the current interior is dated. My guess is she will probably want to wait for the next update by Toyota would be my guess. I just hope she doesn't settle on a highlander or something that can't get down a gravel road!

And for those of you worried about my marriage, while I appreciate the concern. My post was tongue in cheek. I of course am going to let my wife choose whatever vehicle she wants like she did for me when I bought my truck. I was just secretly hoping the bronco would be perfect for her and I could have some fun too!

Years down the road, I may look at picking up a basesquatch or something used or maybe wait for an electric bronco as a DD for around town and beach runs and keep the truck as a beater for the work and hunting. My truck is really my dream vehicle, but hey why not two dream vehicles!

I like the idea of showing her a high end badlands or wildtrack for a fair comparison, just have to wait to see one of those on the lot.

I just thought it was kind of a funny situation and a bit surprised by her reaction so thought I would share with y'all!
My wife was like "It's your truck,(that's what she calls it lol) so I am not into all that" So I took her to test drive a anti mater blue WT, Mic, leather, Lux (12" screen), leather seats... She now wants to drive it two days a week when I get my WT. So maybe I over shot the landing on this oneo_O:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco interior styling is really nice, but the plastic does seem cheap. It’s just one of those things I’m will to live with. As long as it holds up I’ll be happy.

I’m almost in the same boat as the OP. I got a reservation for me. Then we bought a travel trailer, so I got a gladiator instead so I could tow it. My wife took my reservation. Then we decided to get a class c RV, so I don’t need to tow anymore. So I took my reservation back. Then I decided I didn’t want to give up having a truck. So she took the reservation back. We’ve been flip flopping like politicians. But I think we are seeing toed in our choices. Lol

Last edited:

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is going to be my car... (I think). The wife is already trying to figure out how to steal it from me so she can use it to drive over all the pot holes here in southern california. :LOL:

but i think the styling of the interior looks nice... but it does feel cheap to the touch. I can live with it though considering I already did an extensive evaluation of all my potential options.

If it's your wife's car then you guys need to figure out what she would mainly be using it for. If she has 0 intentions of letting you take her car to play in the dirt, then there's many SUV options for you guys.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your wife isn’t wrong. I had the same takeaway on the interior materials, and my wife’s opinion was even a little harsher.

I think the Bronco is causing some guys to get two new vehicles not one. Unfortunately. I was originally planning on using the Bronco as a family hauler to split with the wife and then keep our commuter sedan for her. But it quickly turned into buying a family SUV with better usability and materials that we could share and she could still commute in (XC90 R design purchased a couple weeks ago) and then taking on the Bronco as something strictly for me. So overall it will end as very expensive proposition.

The fact is a 55/60k loaded Bronco still more or less has the interior materials and switch gear of a 30k model. As many have said - Sure if it had the better materials then it should be much more than 60k. I don’t disagree with that. You can’t get luxury and off-roading gear for an all in package at that price point. If they offered a nicer interior build package for another 10-15k for a fictional 70k+ bronco (at defender price point), I don’t think there would be a lot of takers. I personally wouldn’t go for it. We’ve already covered this here and I don’t mean to beat a dead horse. But the point I’m trying to make is that in retrospect, I realized that I’ll actually be spending more in rebuilding/reshuffling the stable to slot in the Bronco. Others may be in the same boat too

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's just me, but I think the interior of the Broncos look very fresh and stylish. Minimally clean. I've never just sat in my vehicles and rubbed the materials to see how they feel. There has to be some forms of plastic in cars as dashes aren't made of metal anymore. As long as the material is durable and wears well, i'm good. But I do reconize this is personal perference.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We went and finally test drove one yesterday and my girlfriend was completely imoressed. She loved it. I was not expecting that. She keeps asking me when I am placing an order. And she wants me to get a soft top. She has always been adamant about getting a hard top when I bought a Wrangler and then a Gladiator. I was too. But with the ease of operation of the top and the full open air with no cross bar she was all about me getting a soft top.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove another Wildtrak this weekend (with my 9 year old daughter along), and I liked the vehicle even more than I did the 1st time. The soft top was down when we showed up, and he just handed us the keys and said take it as long as you want it. I told the dealer I think it is the best vehicle experience on the planet...the top down open air ride in this thing is just so, so good. The interior is what it should be...I don't see anything "cheap", except that the center grap handle shouldn't wiggle like that. Everything else is solid....unless you go around knocking on your dash. Having this vehicle compared to a 4Runner....not even in the same universe. They are not even close....this blows it away.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think you should close out your bronco6g account to save yourself from the agony of seeing others enjoying their bronco.

😭

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey . . . . Broncos are not meant for guys who get pushed around by their wives . . . . ;)
And from looking around there are enough women getting Broncos of their own despite their husbands.

My solution last year was tough at the time. Wife needed to replace 535xi, I wanted to get her a Discovery Sport or an X-Pace , certainly not another low to the ground sedan. We ended up special ordering a 21 X4 with M sport trim. Still love it a year in.

About the same time (ordered X4 on 7/5/20, reserved Bronco 7/14) I needed to replace a 2011 Yukon which replaced an 05 LR3. I know I am not going to do serious off roading on a daily basis and guaranteed only a smidgen of lifted Jeeps with 40" rubber ever leave the pavement. I spent a week with a Wrangler XT on an island in November and had 2 Cherokees way back when. I am familiar with having to always steer the Jeeps just to go straight (look it up)

So I wait, not so patiently, for a fully loaded OBX 4 Dr. I would have settled for mid package if stupid Ford included heated steering wheel standard or offered an affordable cold climate pack.

Did I test drive? No
Did I do a walk around, sit in one, touch one? No, no and no

Rear seats not flat when folded? Neither is VW Tiguan or our X4. Fold flat , get a minivan

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Her main issues is she thought it was cheap.
Found the problem:

There’s a world of difference between the mid package and the high package, as far as feeling more substantial and less cheap, mainly it’s the doors and extra sound deadening for me, but the big screen certainly helps the interior, as well.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drove another Wildtrak this weekend (with my 9 year old daughter along), and I liked the vehicle even more than I did the 1st time. The soft top was down when we showed up, and he just handed us the keys and said take it as long as you want it. I told the dealer ......
..."see you in 3 years except for service..."

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a fact..
Only women are allowed to purchase a 4Runner. Thus, it become the SUV to represent women.
(men are allowed to buy them 2nd hand and that's when the 4runner actually gets used for what it was built for). Do your own informal visual survey... there are only women driving these things off the lot. Preferring a 4Runner is in their DNA and gender makeup.
Look on the bright side, if a woman drives a Bronco, every guy in town will want to wave or say Hi or talk to her...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a fact..
Only women are allowed to purchase a 4Runner. Thus, it become the SUV to represent women.
(men are allowed to buy them 2nd hand and that's when the 4runner actually gets used for what it was built for). Do your own informal visual survey... there are only women driving these things off the lot. Preferring a 4Runner is in their DNA and gender makeup.
Look on the bright side, if a woman drives a Bronco, every guy in town will want to wave or say Hi or talk to her...
In their DNA? Check yours for sexist pig (I am joking, of course)

A woman driving a Bronco is a beautiful thing. A man washing and waxing it for her after their trip to the wilds and back, even more beautiful
Sponsored