James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going to do all that work anyway, I’d just get sas to not deal with the hassle, wrap your upgrades into your monthly payment, and be covered by warranty for sure.
Yeah this is 100% why I went with the Sasquatch package. Warranty was the biggest one.
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah this is 100% why I went with the Sasquatch package. Warranty was the biggest one.
YEP. I I wanted to have to correct all the manufacturer overlooked things on a 4wd I would just buy a Jeep. Maybe Ford didn't get the cloth interior colors right, or other things but I think they got the SAS package down perfect. I would rather spend time fixing up my older vehicles not the brand new one, (being financed) I just paid 50K for OTD...but that's JMO.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
The Bronco is all about performance on off-road capability and Sasquatch give you not only the tires and suspension lift. The most important thing about this package is the ratio 4.7 and the rear and FRONT differential. I was sold when I read locking front differential, there is no truck in the market with that feature from the plant. That machine is goint to be unstoppable!

I would say go for it!!

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with a base Badlands. It gets me the upgraded HOSS gear with the higher clearance suspension and 33's. Rapid Red, 2.7 and the mid package round out my build. I've only changed my mind 27 times.

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went with a base Badlands. It gets me the upgraded HOSS gear with the higher clearance suspension and 33's. Rapid Red, 2.7 and the mid package round out my build. I've only changed my mind 27 times.
Yesterday everyone here had me convinced to go Sas. Today I wake up and think that base BL with 33's would be better. Later today I may be back to Sas. I'm nearing the 27 times change mind number.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those of you thinking to mod afterwards and get lift kits, tires and wheels, might have to wait longer than you think. New product, high demand equal delays and higher prices too. Any aftermarket products for new, just released vehicles sells for much higher prices than seasoned vehicles. Get it the way you want it and want to keep it, you will love it right out of the gate and not have to wait and spend more money and time to get it the way you really want it. I got SAS, even if delivery is a little delayed.

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am keeping it cheap. I avoided the pointless temptation of spending thousands on the SAS when I simply don't need it. I am getting 32s for my base Bronco that I ordered with a steel bumper.
It'll look just as new and just as cool as a 50k Bronco in my driveway and will be good for most everyday challenges.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered Badsquatch 4dr, 2.7, high!! I pulled the trigger on squatch because I don’t plan on doing a major lift just leveling kit for 37”.

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yesterday everyone here had me convinced to go Sas. Today I wake up and think that base BL with 33's would be better. Later today I may be back to Sas. I'm nearing the 27 times change mind number.
If I could afford it an un-squatched Badlands would be my build.

Basetaco

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would be better, the SAS or the 2 inch lift from factory?

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
I kind of went the other way..... I ordered the BB with SAS but they somewhat regretted it because I am not sure what the noise level will be on the road. After all, any decent trail riding is 6 plus hours from here so it has to be comfortable on the road. I, like you, am not sure I want to get into modding the Bronco when I can buy it upgraded from the factory.

So then I looked at higher trim levels more closely and without getting into the gory details, decided to upgrade my order to the Badlands with the stock 33's. That way, I still get the suspension and undercarriage protection upgrades but on 33" AT tires. Now that I changed my order, I am going cold turkey on the Ford build site. I am not looking at it or even considering changes any longer. Done, finished, been there done that, nothing more to see there. (It actually feels good).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I don't think we are in the matrix yet. Even though a lot of living is farmed out these days, and max risk for some folks is accidently drinking expired milk, we can still actually engage in adventurous activities for real. So make a reality based decision. Consider buying what you will use, or legit see yourself using in the future. And I mean for real use, not the pretend usage.

Will you (for real), use the locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, and other key components and features of Sas? If legit you've got the personality and handling of risk to go places where that stuff has real usage value, then by all means buy Sas. It's a great deal - for people who will actually use that stuff. Otherwise it seems a kind of charade?

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know I don't need 35" tires. But I also know Base with Squatch is the cheapest way for me to get front and rear lockers, which I do insist on if I'm going to spend $35k on a new Bronco. I've been wheeling with lockers way too long now to go back to getting stuck with one wheel off the ground or in a mudhole, or not being able to climb up a 6" rock ledge because only one wheel wants to spin. I don't think the ABS-actuated traction control is going to make up for not having lockers, at least on a base model with manual transmission. And if I'm not going to wheel the thing, I don't need it. I already have a built trail beater, I could just as easily buy a Subaru Imprezza to DD and just keep wheeling my old Jeep.
SO yeah. Squatch or nothing on this one. I was drawn in by getting a capable rig out of the box, without having to build my own.

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I don't think we are in the matrix yet. Even though a lot of living is farmed out these days, and max risk for some folks is accidently drinking expired milk, we can still actually engage in adventurous activities for real. So make a reality based decision. Consider buying what you will use, or legit see yourself using in the future. And I mean for real use, not the pretend usage.

Will you (for real), use the locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, and other key components and features of Sas? If legit you've got the personality and handling of risk to go places where that stuff has real usage value, then by all means buy Sas. It's a great deal - for people who will actually use that stuff. Otherwise it seems a kind of charade?
I know what you mean by "Will you (for real) use.....".

My answer is I don't know. As it stands now - probably not. But my wife wants to move to Arizona. I would definitely use the features of Sas or a Badlands there.

I bought a Wrangler x may years ago when I was in Arizona. Had no intentions of going off-road - just wanted to go topless. But I started taking it across the desert the second day I had it.

So if I go Sas or BL, it will be for future use

Mr Smith

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C400 , 2015 Grand Cherokee , 2004 F250 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iam thinking resale Value
Sponsored