First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will you (for real), use the locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, and other key components and features of Sas? If legit you've got the personality and handling of risk to go places where that stuff has real usage value, then by all means buy Sas. It's a great deal - for people who will actually use that stuff. Otherwise it seems a kind of charade?
I know not directed at me, but I don't need half the stuff on the BL, but to get the manual transmission and any convenience packages at all, that is where I am forced to go. A manual 2-door with rear locker 4.70 gears, advanced transfer case, 33's, and Lux would be my sweet spot. No need for SQ, front locker, or rock rails/heavy armor.
Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I read on the jeep forum where people would buy the sport and replace the springs and shocks with Rubicon springs and shocks and put on 33’s. Was thinking about doing the same thing but in a Bronco. But I’m starting to think that all of this hassle isn’t worth it. I either have to do BB sas or BL non sas.
Join the BB Sas club! Only drawback for me going BB Sas is the cloth seats. Hopefully aftermarket will make a high quality cover.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I don't think we are in the matrix yet. Even though a lot of living is farmed out these days, and max risk for some folks is accidently drinking expired milk, we can still actually engage in adventurous activities for real. So make a reality based decision. Consider buying what you will use, or legit see yourself using in the future. And I mean for real use, not the pretend usage.

Will you (for real), use the locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, and other key components and features of Sas? If legit you've got the personality and handling of risk to go places where that stuff has real usage value, then by all means buy Sas. It's a great deal - for people who will actually use that stuff. Otherwise it seems a kind of charade?
I see my self using all of the Badsquatch options! I don't see my self using the sway bar disconnects all the time, I want them incase I need them when I am out.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting it because I want it. I hope I'll use some of it, already making some trip plans for hopefully later this year, nothing extreme though, could probably take my Taco with rear lockers there. But I really would like to expand on off roading, explore old mines and ghost towns here, explore the wild side of Oregon, take it to Moab. Will I ever tackle the Rubicon? Who knows, maybe. Obstacles are fun, but obstacles all day? Not sure about that yet.

In the end it's no different than buying a Ferrari or Hellcat or other such high power vehicle, I would bet most of those never see a track. And with no speedlimit free Autobahn, they are kind of pointless redlight chasers to me. Fun for sure, but nobody needs that kind of hp either. It's a want thing, and I'm sure part of it is the built in fantasy of racing or climbing the tallest mountains.

OP mentions they might move to Arizona. If that's a real plan I'd definitely get the Sashquatch package, there are some fantastic trails out there from what I've seen and read. You'd be happy you got it, and in the end, it's not THAT expensive if you think lifetime of the vehicle (or how ever long you plan to own it). If you can afford it, get it and enjoy :-D

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting it because I want it. I hope I'll use some of it, already making some trip plans for hopefully later this year, nothing extreme though, could probably take my Taco with rear lockers there. But I really would like to expand on off roading, explore old mines and ghost towns here, explore the wild side of Oregon, take it to Moab. Will I ever tackle the Rubicon? Who knows, maybe. Obstacles are fun, but obstacles all day? Not sure about that yet.

In the end it's no different than buying a Ferrari or Hellcat or other such high power vehicle, I would bet most of those never see a track. And with no speedlimit free Autobahn, they are kind of pointless redlight chasers to me. Fun for sure, but nobody needs that kind of hp either. It's a want thing, and I'm sure part of it is the built in fantasy of racing or climbing the tallest mountains.

OP mentions they might move to Arizona. If that's a real plan I'd definitely get the Sashquatch package, there are some fantastic trails out there from what I've seen and read. You'd be happy you got it, and in the end, it's not THAT expensive if you think lifetime of the vehicle (or how ever long you plan to own it). If you can afford it, get it and enjoy :-D
Sure, people get things because they want them. But some people actually have a real use for something like Sas functionality, while others may have more of an imaginary use. People can decide for themselves whether the imaginary use is a good substitute for real use of the functionality.

And I don't buy the performance car comparison. Performance cars are designed to provide enhanced performance on pavement, and need not be taken to a track to make use of that added performance. I drive my sports car on the road, taking advantage of the higher pavement performance, differently than my economy car. In particular I'm king of the on/off ramp with screaming passenger, lol.

On the other hand, a Bronco especially Sas equipped, is aimed at off-road performance. So yeah, to take advantage of the 4low, lockers, sway bar disconnects, skid plate and the rest, which are not much needed on pavement, you need to go off-road.

Sponsored

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I was told I would not be getting a '21 reservation #71 of 58 allocated at dealership. Get a call today asking if I want to order b/c they only had 45 complete the process thus far. I was a July 24 reservation date. I believe I am going to wait until '22 though as I went and bought a '21 Rubicon when I was told I wasn't getting a '21 Bronco

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided that for my use a Bad Lands non/sas with auto 2.3 is just fine. I have gone some great places in a 90HP Mil Jeep, power isn't the deciding factor, its gearing and torque along with traction. I will however tune the 2.3 so 300+ HP is plenty, I am not buying a race car.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my 2 cents. #1 is to have front and rear lockers. Tire size not as important! Don't know how us EB people ever survived with tiny 29" tires and less ground clearance than most of these new Broncos were getting. You may not think you need a front locker until you need it. To me that's way more important than tire size. Sometimes you need all 4 wheeling pulling!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

+1.. and I wonder if post-delivery almost everyone that asks you about your Bronco will ask you if it's the Sasquatch. Saying no repeatedly will make you feel like a Mustang Ecoboost owner when someone asks if it's the V8 :-D
Ha Ha, I have a V-6 Mustang and can't post anything on the Mustang forums because I catch endless s**t. But i love my V-6 'stang!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just my .02: If you can afford it (I can't) non Sas BL is IMHO the best equiped.

Now me: I am very logical and logic told me to get a Base Squatch. Same money as BB moderately equiped, but I ordered the non Squatch BB. I do some moderately tough trails, but:

I don't like the 35's, too wide, either unchainable or at least difficult.
Overall Width is 4" more than non Sas, so trails and my garage will be an issue.
I prefer 4.27's vs 4.70's although M210 would be nice.
My '05 Rubicon has 32's (and 4.11's) which are fine, but I might upgrade to 255 width 33's.
I seldom use the front locker on my Rubicon.
Trying to keep weight down to tow behind my RV.
Going up from Base gave me A51, nice grille, tint, sandstone interior & wheels I like.
I'm getting older and my trail nerve is getting shakier!

Again, my .02 ( I'm just selling myself!). These photos convince me I'm good:

Ford Bronco I may be giving in. IMG_0322
Ford Bronco I may be giving in. Antimatter Blue Bronco 2 Door Big Bend

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha Ha, I have a V-6 Mustang and can't post anything on the Mustang forums because I catch endless s**t. But i love my V-6 'stang!
Ha ha .. you could have a Shelby Super Snake and some a**hole would make a snarky comment on it.. Speaking of Mustangs.. such a shame Ford discontinued the V6 for the Ecoboost.. but guess we're on the wrong forum for that ;-)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha ha .. you could have a Shelby Super Snake and some a**hole would make a snarky comment on it.. Speaking of Mustangs.. such a shame Ford discontinued the V6 for the Ecoboost.. but guess we're on the wrong forum for that ;-)
Yeah, we don't want to resurect those old threads where I was hoping Ford would put a NA V-6 in the Bronco!

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, we don't want to resurect those old threads where I was hoping Ford would put a NA V-6 in the Bronco!
Yeah fat chance of that.. amazingly they put the NA V-6 in the 2020 Explorer (albeit only the base model). Looks like it's been discontinued for 2021.. replaced by the 2.3L Ecoboost of course :-/

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model