Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2016 TRD Pro has 46k miles and the seats look new, the Bronco leather seats looked stretched and worn after a few hundred miles. I loathe early wear on seats, especially bolsters, always turns me off.
I really would like to know this since I have leather on order. However I'm confused... Did you say you have your Bronco now and have driven it a few hundred miles and see this wear? On other threads you say you don't have yours yet. Just trying to understand if this is real world proof or just speculation?

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really would like to know this since I have leather on order. However I'm confused... Did you say you have your Bronco now and have driven it a few hundred miles and see this wear? On other threads you say you don't have yours yet. Just trying to understand if this is real world proof or just speculation?
Apologies, I’ll clarify. I don’t have mine, it’s still on DM. The wife will have her Bronco tomorrow, same trim as mine but Cyber Orange and a soft top.

I’ve posted about the interior wear on the Facebook group for a couple months now, just through my observation and feedback from driving a Bronco at the Austin Off-Roadeo event.

Happy to give you a side by side comparison if you’re interested later this week. Figured I can’t be the only 4Runner owner on this forum. 😎

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't compare that to the boring Toyota engine.
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 1632262801393
I’m certainly not comparing drivetrains, I ordered the 2.3L with the MT, plenty more power than my 4Runner.

4Runner is on 37s, so everything around me is faster, but it’s not boring, just slow.

Now, those 255s are boring, you need to level up, those are rookie numbers. You can’t troll someone while running Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
There are probably any number of pavement geared SUVs that would better meet your wife's needs. Even though in your particular situation it bites, overall it's actually a good thing your wife didn't like the Bronco. Else we'd all probably be looking at some more lux pavement oriented SUV called Bronco.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All wife's are going to be different....dump her and get a new wife from the Bronco Dating Site...just don't do that... my wife really likes both the Bronco and the Jeep...I guess I'm the lucky one. She wasn't all that wild about the Corvette or the other cars...lol.
My wife and I have known one another so long(since age 15, and we are both 56 years old) that she doesn't care what vehicles I buy as long as she doesn't have to drive them. When I bought a new boat in 2018(26' Cobalt R5 Surf), I let her have a little input on the color scheme by showing her two choices that I picked out. I don't tell her what clothes, jewelry, or shoes to buy, and she stays out of my decisions on guns, boats, skis, cars, fishing gear, snowmobiles, trucks, etc. She also gets to make all the home design/remodel decisions as long as I get my kegerator - a fair arragnement IMO. At our age, we've both earned the right to get what we want. :)

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you been in a 4Runner? Because Toyota interiors make Fords feel a like a Mercedes.
I gotta disagree with this comment. I went and recently looked at the 4Runner it makes the Bronco interior feel cheap. I’ve been In Both a base and wild track and driven each.

Friend of mine just bought a overland gladiator and man I was super impressed. The dash had the nice leather including side of doors, and middle console. Jeep has come a long way with their interior if you haven’t been in one in awhile.

Ford really cheaped out on the interior. I’ve already warned my wife it’s not the best looking inside. But exterior looks and drive quality are by far superior to the Jeep hence why I’m getting it.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Key is to tell the wife she can get a car she would think was cooler than yours, then she won‘t care what you get.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not true at all. I have 2k miles on mine and it looks like no one has used it.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I have known one another so long(since age 15, and we are both 56 years old) that she doesn't care what vehicles I buy as long as she doesn't have to drive them. When I bought a new boat in 2018(26' Cobalt R5 Surf), I let her have a little input on the color scheme by showing her two choices that I picked out. I don't tell her what clothes, jewelry, or shoes to buy, and she stays out of my decisions on guns, boats, skis, cars, fishing gear, snowmobiles, trucks, etc. She also gets to make all the home design/remodel decisions as long as I get my kegerator - a fair arragnement IMO. At our age, we've both earned the right to get what we want. :)
This sounds like a great arrangement for both of you.

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not true at all. I have 2k miles on mine and it looks like no one has used it.
Two minute search on the Facebook Bronco group, you decide. If they look slightly worn now, imagine after 10k miles.

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead BF06615F-91B5-4191-87F7-FAD49B816657
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 3951B04D-1626-4979-A7A3-7B4BD92F5BCB
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 25017ECB-B64D-43D9-8191-86D7C6DC7A7A
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 66CE563C-3AFF-425B-A2D1-ACB4A5474ABE
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 5E954EC1-3A9B-4475-B9DC-9893960BA648
Sponsored