First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On vacation in Kentucky and saw a Cyber Orange Bronco Badlands. I’ve gotta say Ford did a real nice job with the Bronco. Currently got a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU and it was nice comparing the two. I will say the Bronco feels like a much larger vehicle. Don’t know if this one had the Sasquatch package, but it still seemed larger width wise. I didn’t drive it, but did sit in it.

The exterior looks great and there’s not much to say about it other than the soft top. It looks kinda crappy compared to the one on my Jeep, the windows look saggy, but I think a fastback soft top would look better on it anyway.

The interior is also really nice. The dashbord feels higher up then in my Jeep, which gives it a more sunken-in and truck like feeling. I’m 6’2 and 200 Ibs and felt very comfortable. I installed a seat lowering kit in my Jeep because my head hit the roll bar, which wasn’t to hard, but the Bronco has it set up already. The drivers seat also felt more comfortable, probably because it had less bolstering. The Jeep has a bit too much which rounds your shoulders forward if you’re too wide for it. Head room felt nice and overall the front seat felt a bit more comfortable than my Jeep. My only gripes were the feeling of the marine-grade vinyl seats and the texture of the plastic. The vinyl feels very plasticy, which is great on a lower trim, but for $52,000 I would opt for a nicer vinyl or leather. I’ve also noticed that in every Ford car I’ve been in, it feels like it’s built with cardboard. The Bronco feels less like this, but I still get that feeling. I know it’s a highly debated topic, but the plastic looks a bit cheap to me. Most probably won’t care, but I tend to notice that kind of stuff in cars. Would have preferred if they had given it a leather texture like some of the plastic in my Jeep.

Overall I really love the Bronco. I think overtime, stuff will get worked out and refreshes will take care of some of the kinks. Exterior wise, I love the Jeep and the Bronco. They both look distinct and have great designs. Interior design I have to give to the Bronco. It just feels more roomy compared to the Jeep. Texture wise I prefer the Jeeps materials. Some of the stuff in the Bronco felt like the inside of a JK. Jeep has been in this segment forever and has grown along with it, so it’s easily understandable that they know the quality people would like.

If they come out with an electric one in 10 years or so, when my Jeep goes to the big trail in the sky, I’d definitely take a hard look at it.;)

My mom oggling it from the air conditioning .:LOL:

Ford Bronco Quite Impressed! 4569B49F-71D2-498D-AB94-EC271998F597
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha! Funny! I test drove a 4 door rubicon yesterday and had the exact same thoughts as you! The Bronco feels much bigger and roomier than the Jeep. The Jeep was super tight and I felt like the dash and windshield were on top of me, very cramped. Weirdly enough though, the official dimensions show they’re only 1-2” off. I thought about getting a Jeep but after driving both the Bronco is 100% better for me.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review! Thanks for the input with experience from "the other side".
Now that Jeep has a competitor, customers on both sides of the fence will benefit as time goes on.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha! Funny! I test drove a 4 door rubicon yesterday and had the exact same thoughts as you! The Bronco feels much bigger and roomier than the Jeep. The Jeep was super tight and I felt like the dash and windshield were on top of me, very cramped. Weirdly enough though, the official dimensions show they’re only 1-2” off. I thought about getting a Jeep but after driving both the Bronco is 100% better for me.
I've driven and ridden passenger many times in a JKU 4-door. Never had issues with the room inside. Is it a weight related thing for some folks? I'm 5'10" but do triathlons and stuff, so I have low body fat. I never got into a JKU front or back and thought hey, this vehicle is not roomy enough.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven and ridden passenger many times in a JKU 4-door. Never had issues with the room inside. Is it a weight related thing for some folks? I'm 5'10" but do triathlons and stuff, so I have low body fat. I never got into a JKU front or back and thought hey, this vehicle is not roomy enough.
Height for me. I’m 6’4”, and my head hits the sport bar when I’m just sitting. The sport bar would be a real safety hazard for me in an accident.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JKU owner, I sit closer to the steering wheel in this car than any car I have ever owned. I am 6’0” and my 20 year old daughter pushes the seat back when she gets in to drive. Never found it uncomfortable and have plenty of leg room if I want it, just sit close for a better view of the road.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lmao I’m 5’7” on a good day and weigh 145 pounds, definitely not weight 😂

My left arm felt crammed against the door while the dash and screen/controls all felt really close, it felt tight. I’ve driven the Bronco and it felt gigantic in comparison, to be fair the bronco had the top off though.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The extra inch or so of width in the cabin goes a long, long way. It's on of the biggest reasons, after spending a good amount of time in the Wrangler and Defender, to want the Bronco.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JKU owner, I sit closer to the steering wheel in this car than any car I have ever owned. I am 6’0” and my 20 year old daughter pushes the seat back when she gets in to drive. Never found it uncomfortable and have plenty of leg room if I want it, just sit close for a better view of the road.
I am not 6’ and had to sit closer to this steering wheel than any other car I’ve ever driven. Leg room is never an issue for me but I don’t like sitting so close to the dash.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The extra inch or so of width in the cabin goes a long, long way. It's on of the biggest reasons, after spending a good amount of time in the Wrangler and Defender, to want the Bronco.
An inch must because the Bronco felt spacious. Maybe it’s the way the interior is designed and how high you sit that changed the feel.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Height for me. I’m 6’4”, and my head hits the sport bar when I’m just sitting. The sport bar would be a real safety hazard for me in an accident.
I noticed when sitting in a new Bronco, there was considerable headroom, even in the back seat. Yes a plus for taller folks.

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compared to some modern vehicles, I actually love the Jeep's narrow dash and upright windshield. Yes, it results in a driving position that feels close to the windshield. On the other hand it makes for excellent forward visibility. When I hop in a modern full-size truck I damn near can't see anything that might be close in front of me because the hood and dash are so dang massive. I'm not sure when the massive dash trend started but on most older 4x4s and pick-ups a seating position closer to the windshield and better visibility were the norm. Then again you also didn't have massive pillars or side curtain airbags (or airbags of any kind), ha!

Deleted member 12876

Are the fender flares included in the total width of the bronco?
Sponsored