Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got her in about two weeks ago, a little late on posting but thought I'd share my build date and whatnot after reading some of these threads. I knew it was taking Ford a long time to fulfill orders, I just didn't realize how bad it was, even for people who got in before me. The more threads I read here, the more I feel like pure luck was involved, so this is for anyone still keeping track.

Reserved 7/15/20, ordered 3/12/21, built 10/17, and delivered 11/9.
2dr Wildtrak, 2.7L, sasquatch, lux and tow packages, MIC top, antimatter blue, basically added every option besides leather.

The dealership isn't a huge one, and I don't think they had a very large allotment for them. Even the dealership was surprised at how soon it came in and some of the guys there were upset that their orders were pushed way back into late 22 or 23, I guess there aren't any perks for being a dealer either.

Haven't taken it anywhere yet to really work the 4WD or lockers in a crawling environment, but after 1K miles on the highway, it's a real sweetheart on the road. Handling is superb for what it is, well balanced without any surprising quirks, the steering feels more like I'm driving a car than herding around 35's, it's considerably quieter than I was expecting, power is almost enough to leave it stock, and I could definitely see it being comfortable enough for any length trip I'd want to take. The lane centering and adaptive cruise control is okay...I'm still glad I got it, but I'm not using it near as much on the highway as I thought I would. After the 20th time being told to keep your hands on the wheel while you're actively steering it on a straight road, or having your cruise control hit the brakes as you're about to pass a car with someone directly behind you gets a little annoying. If I could just disable that warning and close the minimum gap on the car in front of me, they'd probably stay enabled any time I was on the road. The suspension isn't as capable as what I'm used to in desert trucks, but it's certainly enough to keep your kidneys from bleeding. To be honest, it's quite an achievement from stamped steel piggyback shocks, but that doesn't mean I won't box them up in storage the second I get a set of Kings for it. Oh, and the permissions on this Ford Connect stuff sounds sketchy as hell....I have some really mixed feelings about it. I like the app functionality and whatnot, I don't like the idea of Ford sharing every aspect of my driving to whoever they want to give it to, or even accessing it for that matter. I'm still researching options in that regard to maintaining functionality and privacy, any advice or links to more info would be great.

Only have a few pics, but I'd be happy to take some more if you want to see anything up close or whatever. Planning a trip to a nearby offroad destination soon to let her flex, so I'll snap a few if I think about it.

If you've made it through this entire wall of text, my condolences for your lost time 🙃

IMG_20211109_121855_01.jpg

IMG_20211115_173920_51.jpg

IMG_20211115_170937_71.jpg
Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations and enjoy! Picked up my FE just over a week ago and couldn’t be happier!

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The more I see that blue the more I love it. It's awesome.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "Keep your hands on the wheel" message thing is a little annoying. If I'm just cruising on strait highway I'll only have one hand low on the wheel so that dumb message comes up intermittently. I'm about to drive 1600 miles round trip to go out and see my sister in MI for Thanksgiving, I am confident I'll see that about 100 times. I may have to disable lane assist.

I have not had any issues with the adaptive cruise yet. Has work flawlessly. That feature alone will save a TON of stress on the interstate for 12 hours straight. It's our first super long road-trip with our girls (4 and 6), so there will be enough stress as it is........ Any time we go anywhere, literally 3 minutes in our 4 year old is like "how much longer do we have?". I told my wife that for fun I'm going to count the number of times I hear that and "are we there yet". My bet is 100, at least.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats, nice looking Bronco.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! Beautiful looking AMB you got there. Those will be the random ones that rake in the money at an auction in 30 years lol

WildernessMan

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great looking truck and congrats! 🍾🎊🎉

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks guys! 🍻
Got her at the dealership now getting a ceramic coating and waterproofing the interior, seemed like a good package at the time. Curious to see how it handles mud and desert pinstriping 😬

The "Keep your hands on the wheel" message thing is a little annoying. If I'm just cruising on strait highway I'll only have one hand low on the wheel so that dumb message comes up intermittently. I'm about to drive 1600 miles round trip to go out and see my sister in MI for Thanksgiving, I am confident I'll see that about 100 times. I may have to disable lane assist.

I have not had any issues with the adaptive cruise yet. Has work flawlessly. That feature alone will save a TON of stress on the interstate for 12 hours straight. It's our first super long road-trip with our girls (4 and 6), so there will be enough stress as it is........ Any time we go anywhere, literally 3 minutes in our 4 year old is like "how much longer do we have?". I told my wife that for fun I'm going to count the number of times I hear that and "are we there yet". My bet is 100, at least.
I think Ford expects drivers to be far less precise in their steering efforts, as if our best effort to go straight is swerving all over the road because meat brains are no match for computer brains. I usually wiggle the steering wheel to get the message to go away.

The cruise control is probably not an issue in most cases, but I don't like hanging out in the passing lane so far back that someone who's in a hurry can squeeze by in front of me. The permian basin area of west Texas is sort of like the thunderdome, nobody follows traffic laws and everyone has lost their mind (me too lol), so you have to be a little more aggressive than usual. I always end up too close for the cruise control and it slows me down, which means if they're only 1-2mph slower than me, it feels like I end up camping in the passing lane for twice as long as necessary. It also kinda sucks when I'm keeping station behind a car on the cruise control and someone squeezes in front of me, it thinks I'm going to crash and slams on the brakes, so the person behind me has to slam on their brakes, so it's just something I reserve for when there's not a lot of cars on the road.

I've made it a habit to program in the nav system wherever we go, so the little ones can track that progress bar. I haven't heard a single "are we there yet" since I showed them that.

AG03

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do you like the cloth interior, are you applying a ceramic coating to the seats as well?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys! 🍻
Got her at the dealership now getting a ceramic coating and waterproofing the interior, seemed like a good package at the time. Curious to see how it handles mud and desert pinstriping 😬

I think Ford expects drivers to be far less precise in their steering efforts, as if our best effort to go straight is swerving all over the road because meat brains are no match for computer brains. I usually wiggle the steering wheel to get the message to go away.

The cruise control is probably not an issue in most cases, but I don't like hanging out in the passing lane so far back that someone who's in a hurry can squeeze by in front of me. The permian basin area of west Texas is sort of like the thunderdome, nobody follows traffic laws and everyone has lost their mind (me too lol), so you have to be a little more aggressive than usual. I always end up too close for the cruise control and it slows me down, which means if they're only 1-2mph slower than me, it feels like I end up camping in the passing lane for twice as long as necessary. It also kinda sucks when I'm keeping station behind a car on the cruise control and someone squeezes in front of me, it thinks I'm going to crash and slams on the brakes, so the person behind me has to slam on their brakes, so it's just something I reserve for when there's not a lot of cars on the road.

I've made it a habit to program in the nav system wherever we go, so the little ones can track that progress bar. I haven't heard a single "are we there yet" since I showed them that.
I think that's how EVERYONE in Texas drives. I drove down from Kansas to go to the Off-Roadeo in June. It was like driving in a foreign country... From Dallas to Austin, 3 lanes of interstate, 3! , and most of the passing consisted of moving from lane to lane Frogger style to get around people who don't understand (or care) that the left 2 lanes are for passing. It was insane.

I never want to drive in Texas again...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do you like the cloth interior, are you applying a ceramic coating to the seats as well?
It's actually really nice, most cloth seats are naturally cheap but these feel like they'll last a long time with a lot of abuse. Being in the desert, I've never been a fan of leather until they put fans in leather, unfortunately that wasn't an option for the Broncos. I have no idea what kind of stuff they're putting on the seats (is ceramic coating a thing on seats too?) and interior, but it's supposed to be water/stain resistant enough for them to guarantee replacement if it can't be cleaned up. I'd rather have something that protects the plastic and whatnot that isn't greasy like armor-all, most of the plastic on it is a magnet for oily dust right now.

I think that's how EVERYONE in Texas drives. I drove down from Kansas to go to the Off-Roadeo in June. It was like driving in a foreign country... From Dallas to Austin, 3 lanes of interstate, 3! , and most of the passing consisted of moving from lane to lane Frogger style to get around people who don't understand (or care) that the left 2 lanes are for passing. It was insane.

I never want to drive in Texas again...
Ha, don't come to the oil side of Texas, it's literally the law of the jungle. Set the cruise at whatever you please and go. I rarely see DPS out, and they only pull over semi's for W&B while everyone else is blowing past them at 90mph. The rest of the time they're pulled over for wrecks. At one time we had the most dangerous highways in the country with more wrecks and fatalities per mile than anywhere else, but it's gotten better since the rona shut a lot of business down. I-35 is honestly pretty relaxed by comparison...and don't play frogger, the trick is to stay in the left lane, go faster than everyone else, and only get in the middle lane if you know you can pass the guy camping out in front of you. It's all about strategy lol

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got a nice one right after the ceramic coat, the sun was in just the right spot to show off the blue and metallic flake 👌

IMG_20211122_172525_7.jpg
Sponsored