Sponsored

Will the F-150 production cuts help with 2.7 L availability in the Bronco?

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Ford has scaled down the production of the F-150 due to chip shortages. I don't know if the Bronco uses the same chips that are causing the F-150 production cuts. Regardless, if production of F-150s has been cut, do you think this will make more 2.7 L engines available for the Bronco and possibly shrink the expected delays for those of us who ordered the 2.7 engine? Any insider info on this? :)
Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't imagine it's a good thing for the Bronco.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends on if the Bronco gives Ford the highest margins. They are allocating any available chips to the vehicles which have higher margins and limiting production on lower margin vehicles.

While revenue will be lower, they are working on boosting profits in the short term.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ford has scaled down the production of the F-150 due to chip shortages. I don't know if the Bronco uses the same chips that are causing the F-150 production cuts. Regardless, if production of F-150s has been cut, do you think this will make more 2.7 L engines available for the Bronco and possibly shrink the expected delays for those of us who ordered the 2.7 engine? Any insider info on this? :)
They are still building F-150s just putting them in lots till they get the chips. So no it won't give more 2.7s for Bronco builds.
Sponsored